London Fletcher takes shot at T.O.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
Extreme;2504050 said:
You need a psychiatric evaluation if you think Ellis is anything like Fletcher. He couldn't carry Fletcher's jock.

You're seriously trying to compare a guy with under 400 career tackles to a guy with over 1300? That would be as stupid as me trying to say Santana Moss is on the same level of TO.

You see how stupid that sounds? Now read your analogy and try again.
Ummmm... different positions=different stats! Ellis was a DE for the first 6-7 years of his career...do you really expect him to have MLB-type tackling stats? I heard clues were on sale for Xmas...buy yourself a couple!

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
BehindEnemyLinez;2504059 said:
Ummmm... different positions=different stats! Ellis was a DE for the first 6-7 years of his career...do you really expect him to have MLB-type tackling stats? I heard clues were on sale for Xmas...buy yourself a couple!
He's also been a LB for the past few years, and his best season is about 1/3 of Fletcher's worst season.

Ellis is in his 3rd season as a LB. In that time, he has accumulated 70 tackles. Fletcher in his worst season, just 1 season - had 66. Like I said, no comparison.

While I'm out getting my clue, you want me to pick you up a few? I'll get you a bag of dumdums too, so you can suck without leaving your computer. ;) :laugh1:

kapolani

Reaction score
Extreme;2504054 said:
Over 100 tackles every year of his career. Top 5 in the NFL at his position every year of his career. Hasn't missed a game in his career. More tackles in a decade than any player in history besides Lawrence Taylor.

Nothing is ever enough for some of you fans is it? You're obviously not a fan of evidence. Go back and read the article I posted from the Dallas Morning News.

Although his stats are excellent there is one major factor that you're missing.

You don't have to game plan against Fletcher.

To be considered an all time great - at least in my eyes - you have to affect the game with your presence alone.

Q.E.D.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
kapolani;2504073 said:
Although his stats are excellent there is one major factor that you're missing.

To be considered an all time great - at least in my eyes - you have to affect the game with your presence alone.

Q.E.D.
I see your argument, but to be able to do what he does without being noticed is just as difficult.

Generals don't plan battles around snipers and assassins either. Doesn't mean they aren't great at what they do.

kapolani

Reaction score
Extreme;2504066 said:
He's also been a LB for the past few years, and his best season is about 1/3 of Fletcher's worst season.

Ellis is in his 3rd season as a LB. In that time, he has accumulated 70 tackles. Fletcher in his worst season, just 1 season - had 66. Like I said, no comparison.

While I'm out getting my clue, you want me to pick you up a few? I'll get you a bag of dumdums too, so you can suck without leaving your computer. ;) :laugh1:

Greg Ellis is used more as a pass rusher.

Ellis career total: 76.5 sacks
Fletcher career total: 28.0

They are asked to do different things.

kapolani

Reaction score
Extreme;2504078 said:
I see your argument, but to be able to do what he does without being noticed is just as difficult.

Generals don't plan battles around snipers and assassins either. Doesn't mean they aren't great at what they do.

Obviously you weren't in the military.

A loose sniper is a nightmare for any commander.

Here's one for you.

Do you think Zach Thomas is HOF material?

His numbers dwarf Fletcher's yet I don't think Zach will make it.

Both are excellent players, but that's about it.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
kapolani;2504085 said:

Here's one for you.

I actually served 8 years in the Army. You don't battle plan around snipers, unless you specifically go into an area where you know they are, and that is your mission.

Zach Thomas is HOF material, and I do believe he will get in, but to say he dwarfs Fletcher is absurd.

He has played more games and more seasons than Fletcher, but has 7.5 less sacks, only 3 more INT and 5 more forced fumbles. He leads Fletcher in tackles, but Fletcher has a much higher percentage of solo tackles - 71+% to 67%.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Extreme;2502851 said:
Hall of famers don't have career years every year either smart guy. You think no hall of famers ever had a slack season? Do you realize he's a play stopper and a playmaker, and rarely goes for the QB? Not to mention he's played hurt half the season.

I guess you don't like looking at the whole picture huh? Just the one stat that will justify you're argument. It would be like me saying Jason Campbell is the greatest QB this year because he has so few turnovers. You can base nothing on one stat, especially when it's in a category that the player doesn't attemp to increase.

But shouldnt they have atleast one?

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Extreme;2504054 said:
Over 100 tackles every year of his career. Top 5 in the NFL at his position every year of his career. Hasn't missed a game in his career. More tackles in a decade than any player in history besides Lawrence Taylor.

Nothing is ever enough for some of you fans is it? You're obviously not a fan of evidence. Go back and read the article I posted from the Dallas Morning News.
So basically, tackles are the stat you've been throwing around.

Tackles aren't an official stat. Teams assign the tackles themselves. We had a guy here about 20 years ago who got credited with something like 200 tackles. He wasn't much above an average player.

No one disputes Fletcher is a very good player. But the fact that his peers have repeatedly not put him in the Pro Bowl highlights what most fans know: that he isn't a HOFer.

And with the sudden glut of good ILB's, he isn't a pro bowler this year either. The 2 guys who got in were just better.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
kapolani;2504085 said:

Here's one for you.

doesn't Zack have like most INTs by a LB?

he's also been to the Pro Bowl like 7 times

honestly, I don't see how a guy who just runs around and makes tackles can go into the HOF (Fletcher)

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2504106 said:
So basically, tackles are the stat you've been throwing around.
No, I'm just using that since most people have been bringing up his sacks.

Tackles aren't an official stat. Teams assign the tackles themselves. We had a guy here about 20 years ago who got credited with something like 200 tackles. He wasn't much above an average player.
First off, they are an official stat. Secondly, they didn't start tracking them until about 12 years ago, so how did you have a guy 20 years ago with 200?

No one disputes Fletcher is a very good player.
You mean other than almost every single Dallas fan that has posted in this thread, right? :rolleyes:

But the fact that his peers have repeatedly not put him in the Pro Bowl highlights what most fans know: that he isn't a HOFer.
I will say again, not making a lot of Pro Bowls has no impact on the HOF.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2504113 said:
doesn't Zack have like most INTs by a LB?
Not even close. He has 17, Fletcher has 14. I fail to believe Thomas has the record.

Bob Sacamano;2504113 said:
honestly, I don't see how a guy who just runs around and makes tackles can go into the HOF (Fletcher)
Based on this, what argument would you use to vote an offensive lineman in? They just run around making blocks.

kapolani

Reaction score
Extreme;2504101 said:
I actually served 8 years in the Army. You don't battle plan around snipers, unless you specifically go into an area where you know they are, and that is your mission.

Exactly. I was a corpsman - first with first marine div - then with navspecwarcen seal team 3. You absolutely plan for that when in an urban eviron like Iraq etc.

That isn't the point though.

The point is - no one ever had to game plan against Fletcher. No one ever had to have a TE or RB chip - or double team Fletcher. That is what an all time great does.

Zach Thomas is HOF material, and I do believe he will get in, but to say he dwarfs Fletcher is absurd.

He has played more games and more seasons than Fletcher, but has 7.5 less sacks, only 3 more INT and 5 more forced fumbles. He leads Fletcher in tackles, but Fletcher has a much higher percentage of solo tackles - 71+% to 67%.

I don't know where you're getting your stats from, but you need to look again.

Thomas career:

Games played: 182
Tackles: 1716
Solo: 1088
Assist: 628

Fletcher:
Games played: 174
Tackles: 1323
Solo: 948
Assist: 375

So, Zach has played a whopping 8 games more in his career.

He has almost 400 more tackles. Almost 100 more solo.

etc. etc...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=985
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=1680

bigE79

Reaction score
Extreme;2504050 said:
You need a psychiatric evaluation if you think Ellis is anything like Fletcher. He couldn't carry Fletcher's jock.

You're seriously trying to compare a guy with under 400 career tackles to a guy with over 1300? That would be as stupid as me trying to say Santana Moss is on the same level of TO.

You see how stupid that sounds? Now read your analogy and try again.
First off,i guess you cant see sarcasm when you read it, but my point was that both guys are good players but nether are HOF material:star:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Rampage;2502332 said:
so I guess we can expect them to tank against the eagles since it would help us and like always they're still thinking about us.

Actually wouldn't it be better for us if they won ( i know what you're saying here in this thread) because that would essentially stop the Eagles, right?

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
kapolani;2504128 said:
I don't know where you're getting your stats from, but you need to look again.

Thomas career:

Games played: 182
Tackles: 1716
Solo: 1088
Assist: 628

Fletcher:
Games played: 174
Tackles: 1323
Solo: 948
Assist: 375

So, Zach has played a whopping 8 games more in his career.

He has almost 400 more tackles. Almost 100 more solo.

etc. etc...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=985
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=1680
Try pro football reference. Fletcher has not played in that many games, he has been on the roster for that many games. He has only played in 144, and Thomas 168. that's a 24 game difference.

bigE79

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2504166 said:
Actually wouldn't it be better for us if they won ( i know what you're saying here in this thread) because that would essentially stop the Eagles, right?
You know whats funny is when they play us,its always "well you can throw the records out the window because is a rival game" bla bla bla,but if you read any of their forums they arent saying anything but "we are going to get our *** kicked and we suck"...so much for the whole anything can happen cause were rivals crap:star:

kapolani

Reaction score
Extreme;2504184 said:
Try pro football reference. Fletcher has not played in that many games, he has been on the roster for that many games. He has only played in 144, and Thomas 168. that's a 24 game difference.

I don't buy that.

Who's to say which stat line is wrong though...

Because, if you look line by line on espn is does show games missed.

It shows Thomas only played in 5 games last year for Miami. Seems about right, no?

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
bigE79;2504185 said:
You know whats funny is when they play us,its always "well you can throw the records out the window because is a rival game" bla bla bla,but if you read any of their forums they arent saying anything but "we are going to get our *** kicked and we suck"...so much for the whole anything can happen cause were rivals crap:star:
That's because we're realists :D

At least we don't all make the ridiculous 40+ point win predictions that this site has weekly, where the people making them honsetly believe it.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
kapolani;2504193 said:
I don't buy that.

Who's to say which stat line is wrong though...

Because, if you look line by line on espn is does show games missed.

It shows Thomas only played in 5 games last year for Miami. Seems about right, no?
It's a hard stat to decipher either way though. You can have one guy play 1 game and be on the field for 50 plays, and he technically played more than a guy that played 3 plays a game for 16 games, you know?