London Fletcher takes shot at T.O.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2502900 said:
Wow. Not even amongst the 10 best LBs in football and he thinks he's a hall of famer.
You base this absurdity on what exactly? His career numbers already put him in the top 5 in nearly every category for LB.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2503061 said:
Wait, I have extreme on ignore, but did he say Fletcher was HOF worthy?

:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2:
Yes sir. I have stayed out of it, but no way is he a Hall of Famer, and my saying that has nothing to do with him playing for the Commanders.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Extreme;2502919 said:
You base this absurdity on what exactly? His career numbers already put him in the top 5 in nearly every category for LB.
I hate to break it to you, but he won't even sniff the HOF. Not even close.

You're embarrassing yourself by thinking he will.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Extreme;2502919 said:
What do I base it on? Well for starters, 10 LBs were elected to the Pro Bowl, and he wasn't one of them, in spite of the Commanders joke of a GOTV campaign. Then consider that better linebackers were left off. And then a few better are injured - like Shawn Merriman - who weren't on the ballot.

Now that I think about it, he probably isn't even top 15.

He's a fine player, but he's probably no better than the 4th or 5th best LB in his own division.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2503061 said:
Wait, I have extreme on ignore, but did he say Fletcher was HOF worthy?

:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2:

Compared him to Butkus, Lambert and others...stat thing...what he is missing is the fact that those guys like Butkus were feared and game changers if you will.

and while Fletcher may have similiar or even better stats (different era) no one that I know of game plans for Fletcher

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2503163 said:
He needs to worry about his team winning games....
I think they will beat the Eagles. They are due a good game.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Hostile;2503243 said:
I think they will beat the Eagles. They are due a good game.

I am hoping that they have one last rallying cry about being able to maybe knock a divisional opponent out of the playoffs. I really think it is a stretch though.

When you never sack the quarterback and your passing game is barely functional winning isnt something that you can do often.

So hopefully it will be 5 degrees out with 40 mph wind gusts and scattered freezing rain. This way mcnabb wont be able to throw and maybe the Commanders can run for some points.

Otherwise campbell is a dead duck and that secondary is toast come sunday.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Fletcher has won a Super Bowl. TO never will.

Aikman HATES Owens. Emmitt HATES Owens. Staubach HATES Owens. Jimmy or Landry or Parcells would NEVER tolerate this crap this long. Even though TO is something of a friend Michael is clearly seeing the light on this.

The ONLY reason you don't hear more of an outcry from former players is they don't want to be estranged from Jerry Jones. Write it. Mark it. Score it. That's the FACT.

Smell the coffee. If you are a Cowboy great. If you love the Cowboys...You HATE Owens.

9/10 of the RING OF HONOR things this crap is HUMILIATING.

The Hall of Fame will spit Owens back to the trash where he belongs. Loser.

alancdc

Reaction score
Good. Maybe he will come out and play like a madman this weekend. I am starting to get the feeling that this game is a FG game either way.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Fletcher furious at snub

David Elfin (Contact)
Thursday, December 18, 2008

On a day when four Washington Commanders players celebrated their Pro Bowl selections, mild-mannered middle linebacker London Fletcher ripped the league's players and coaches for snubbing him for a 10th straight year.

"I don't garner a lot of attention, but when you turn the film on each and every week, each and every play, I'm gonna show up," said Fletcher, who has played in every game of his career and made more tackles this decade than any other player in the NFL. "That's what I do. My career has been Hall of Fame worthy. But some coaches and some players get caught up in the hype, reading the newspapers or listening to some national TV game as opposed to watching the game with no sound. It's BS. I put myself up against anybody playing the position - anybody."

Fletcher on Tuesday was named the second alternate at inside linebacker for the NFC, meaning that two of the players ahead of him - Patrick Willis of the San Francisco 49ers, Jon Beason of the Carolina Panthers and first alternate Antonio Pierce of the New York Giants - would have to get hurt for him to earn a trip to Hawaii.

"To have it happen year after year after year after year, an eight-time alternate - c'mon, man," Fletcher said. "Maybe because I wasn't a first-round draft pick, I don't do some kind of dance when I make a ... tackle, I don't go out and get arrested. I believe in playing the game the way it's supposed to be played. You look at my body of work, and I've done that for 11 years.

"But because I'm not going out causing a lot of controversy, holding a private meeting with the coordinator saying this, this and this, causing a lot of strife on my team... And look at the injury situation. I played with a sprained foot [the past three weeks]. There's a lot of guys that play injured in the National Football League. But there's a lot of guys who would cancel Christmas, so to speak, when they got hurt, meaning they would throw in the towel: 'I'm done. I'm not going to play until I'm completely healthy.'"

"I put myself up against anybody playing the position - anybody."

Fletcher also was angry that no player from the defense he co-captains made the Pro Bowl roster, even though the unit ranks second in the conference and fifth in the league.

"When you think about where we rank in the league and where we rank in the conference - the last time I checked we were the No. 2 team in the conference," Fletcher said. "We shut down a lot of good offenses, but for some reason players and coaches don't feel like we had any players worthy enough to make the Pro Bowl."

The news was better on the other side of the ball.

Fullback Mike Sellers, 33, was moved by the first Pro Bowl selection of his career - a career that didn't include time at a four-year college but included two stints in the Canadian Football League, one of which came after the Cleveland Browns cut him following a positive drug test in 2001.

Sellers returned to the NFL with the Commanders in 2004 and this season helped running back Clinton Portis reach the Pro Bowl for the first time since 2003.

bigE79

Reaction score
YoMick;2502612 said:
Well we know TO wasnt first round pick. So I dont see any shot at TO??

TO didnt hold the private meeting - Garrett di. So I dont see any shot at TO??

The media creates TO's controversy so I dont see any shot at TO??

etc... etc... blah blah

London Bridges falling down...falling down.. falling down
:lmao2:

bigE79

Reaction score
Extreme;2502776 said:
If you think he's not, you've either never seen him play, never looked at his stats, or you are just completely clueless.
Would you feel this way if he was still playing with the bills or rams?:star:

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
You are what you are.

A pretty good little plugger.

Don't hold your breath for Canton.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
bigE79;2503943 said:
Would you feel this way if he was still playing with the bills or rams?:star:
I'll be honest, I never saw him play with the Bills, because they never show up on tv here, and since he's quiet, you never hear about him.

When he was with St Louis, I loved the guy. He is a big time player, big hitter, and has his hands in on almost every play that happens when he's on the field. Watch a Commanders game sometime, you almost never see a play happen where he's not right there in it.

He's very undersized at his position, and he is an extreme introvert. If either of these factors were different, you'd know plenty about him.

You guys can talk smack every day, but not one of you would be upset if he went to Dallas instead of coming here.