London Fletcher takes shot at T.O.

bigE79

Reaction score
Rampage;2502905 said:
speaking of Romo, I told you skin fans Campbell can't even lead you to the playoffs and look what he failed to do yet again. and I don't know who you've been talking to but nobody considers London Fletcher as one of the greatest linebackers of all time except you skins fans.
They wouldnt even be talking about this if he was still playing with the BILLS:star:

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
bigE79;2503958 said:
They wouldnt even be talking about this if he was still playing with the BILLS:star:
You guys wouldn't be talking great about TO if he was still with the Eagles either, what's your point? Statistically, he is one of the greats. You can look that up and it is solid proof. Eveery person on here that has said he's not great - that's just an opinion. Not one of you has given a single example of why he's not one of the greats.

Pro bowls are not a measure of success. They are a popularity contest. If you think differently, you're a fool. That doesn't mean the Pro Bowl is a bunch of sorry players by any means, it just means you can't gauge talent based on all star games.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Extreme;2503971 said:
You guys wouldn't be talking great about TO if he was still with the Eagles either, what's your point? Statistically, he is one of the greats. You can look that up and it is solid proof. Eveery person on here that has said he's not great - that's just an opinion. Not one of you has given a single example of why he's not one of the greats.

Pro bowls are not a measure of success. They are a popularity contest. If you think differently, you're a fool. That doesn't mean the Pro Bowl is a bunch of sorry players by any means, it just means you can't gauge talent based on all star games.
I would. Don't like the guy, but he can play.

bigE79

Reaction score
Extreme;2503953 said:
I'll be honest, I never saw him play with the Bills, because they never show up on tv here, and since he's quiet, you never hear about him.

When he was with St Louis, I loved the guy. He is a big time player, big hitter, and has his hands in on almost every play that happens when he's on the field. Watch a Commanders game sometime, you almost never see a play happen where he's not right there in it.

He's very undersized at his position, and he is an extreme introvert. If either of these factors were different, you'd know plenty about him.

You guys can talk smack every day, but not one of you would be upset if he went to Dallas instead of coming here.
Well,thats the point im trying to make...would you still feel is would be a HOFer if he was still playing for the other teams?And i have seen the guy play many times and yes he is a good player but he is not a game changer,he is not the guy that you absolutley have to game plan for to win imo and that the differance between the guys you mentioned,BUTKUS,LEWIS..etc...and thats not meant to take anything away from the guy,he is what he is:star:

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
http://www.***BANNED-URL***/s/dws/nwsltr/sports/fromthe50/stories/121207dnspofromthe50.6db1600.html

Try reading your own newspaper sometime. It's not just Commanders fans opininions.....

Long overdue accolades: NFL vets deserve Pro Bowl trips

[SIZE=-1]11:07 PM CST on Sunday, December 23, 2007

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

The Pro Bowl was created as a showcase for the NFL's best players. Unfortunately, the best players don't always get invited to that game.
If so, someone owes Fred Taylor an explanation. And Joey Galloway. And Mike Vrabel. And Robert Mathis. And London Fletcher. All have enjoyed several Pro Bowl-caliber seasons, yet none have been invited to Hawaii to play in the annual all-star game.

Taylor has rushed for 10,000 yards in his NFL career with the Jacksonville Jaguars. He ranks 18th on the all-time rushing list. He's had a 1,500-yard season, a pair of 1,300-yard seasons and a pair of 1,200-yard seasons.
Galloway has 10,000 receiving yards in his NFL career. He ranks 19th on the all-time list. He's the Bob Hayes of his generation with his penchant for the big play. His eight 40-plus yard receptions lead the NFL this season and his nine career 60-plus yard touchdowns rank second only to the 11 of Randy Moss among active players.

Vrabel has started seven seasons for the New England Patriots at strongside linebacker. That's the tougher side to garner defensive statistics because there's more blocking congestion over there with the tight end. Yet Vrabel has 525 tackles, 48 sacks and 10 interceptions. He posted 9½ sacks in 2003 and has 9½ again this season.

Mathis is in his fourth season as a starting defensive end for the Indianapolis Colts. From 2004-06, only four NFL pass rushers collected more sacks than Mathis (31½), and his 18 forced fumbles were tops in the league. He hit double-digits in sacks twice in that stretch.

Fletcher has started nine seasons for three teams at middle linebacker and topped 100 tackles every time. He led the Super Bowl champion St. Louis Rams in tackles in 1999 and has been the leading tackler on three other Top 5 defenses in his career.

"In years past it's bothered me," said Fletcher of his annual Pro Bowl snub. "I wouldn't be honest with you if I said it didn't. I've felt on numerous occasions that I should have been playing, even starting, in that game. But there's nothing I can do about it. I just try to control what I can control."

What Fletcher can control is his play. He ranks fifth in the NFL in tackles this season for the Washington Commanders. You can make another strong case for Fletcher as a Pro Bowler this season. You can make a strong case for all five of those players.

But it's not about how someone plays. The Pro Bowl has long been a popularity contest, and too often players get voted in on reputation. With the fans factoring into the voting now, players on the big-market teams have an edge.

click link for full article

bigE79

Reaction score
Extreme;2503971 said:

But,T.O has put up the numbers and he WILL be in the HOF weather he played for the cowboys or not...that a dumb comparison:star:

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Extreme;2503987 said:
blah blah blah

The R*dsk*ns are .500, bro.

simp2006_HomerArmsCrossed_f.jpg

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
bigE79;2503993 said:
But,T.O has put up the numbers and he WILL be in the HOF weather he played for the cowboys or not...that a dumb comparison:star:
You missed my point. You guys talk **** all day long about non Cowboys, but love every guy you have. Go back and look at the posts from when you guys were about to get TO and Pacman. Then tell me you guys aren't extremely biased. All fans generally are, no matter who you follow. You guys just like to think talent only occurs with a star on the helmet.

If London Fletcher was a Cowboy, everyone on this board would be going nuts about him getting snubbed again. You guys tend to be a little more biased when it comes to your guys.

Again, nothing wrong with that, I have been guilty myself, but I also don't refuse to acknowledge a very talented player.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;2504002 said:
The R*dsk*ns are .500, bro.

simp2006_HomerArmsCrossed_f.jpg
That's completely irrelevant. He has played on championship teams and been snubbed, what's your point? You can stop trying to brag too, 9-5 isn't exactly elite. You can still miss out like we will, so calm down until you have a reason to brag.

bigE79

Reaction score
Extreme;2503953 said:
I'll be honest, I never saw him play with the Bills, because they never show up on tv here, and since he's quiet, you never hear about him.

When he was with St Louis, I loved the guy. He is a big time player, big hitter, and has his hands in on almost every play that happens when he's on the field. Watch a Commanders game sometime, you almost never see a play happen where he's not right there in it.

He's very undersized at his position, and he is an extreme introvert. If either of these factors were different, you'd know plenty about him.

You guys can talk smack every day, but not one of you would be upset if he went to Dallas instead of coming here.
Hell,we have a player just like him "GREG ELLIS" and nobody here thinks he is a HOFer:laugh1:

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
Extreme;2503953 said:

Yeah, we could use him on our special teams units!!! :lmao:

bigE79

Reaction score
Extreme;2504004 said:
You missed my point. You guys talk **** all day long about non Cowboys, but love every guy you have. Go back and look at the posts from when you guys were about to get TO and Pacman. Then tell me you guys aren't extremely biased. All fans generally are, no matter who you follow. You guys just like to think talent only occurs with a star on the helmet.

If London Fletcher was a Cowboy, everyone on this board would be going nuts about him getting snubbed again. You guys tend to be a little more biased when it comes to your guys.

Again, nothing wrong with that, I have been guilty myself, but I also don't refuse to acknowledge a very talented player.
I get your point but we are talking about players we think or dont think are HOFers,not who we like or dont like, but the bottom line is as long as those guys play for the cowboys, 90% of us will love the guy,but do we think PAC MAN will be in the HOF,NO...same goes for BIGG DAVIS,ROY WILLAMS,etc:star:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Extreme;2503987 said:
But it's not about how someone plays. The Pro Bowl has long been a popularity contest, and too often players get voted in on reputation. With the fans factoring into the voting now, players on the big-market teams have an edge.

Well, we know the fan voting did nothing but help fletcher since the Commanders marketed fans stuffing the polls... so actually, Fletcher had an edge over other LB's who did make it to hawaii.

Since Fletcher started out with more fan votes than anyone else... we must assume that it is the coaches and players who voted decidedly against Fletcher.

Meaning... that the people who actually play against and coach against London Fletcher didn't feel like he deserved to go to the Pro Bowl.

Wow. That is an even bigger slap in the face than other LB's that didn't make it. They didn't have help from a marketing campaign.

:laugh1:

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Exactly what statistic would lead anyone to believe Fletcher's an all-time great?

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
AsthmaField;2504040 said:
Well, we know the fan voting did nothing but help fletcher since the Commanders marketed fans stuffing the polls... so actually, Fletcher had an edge over other LB's who did make it to hawaii.

Since Fletcher started out with more fan votes than anyone else... we must assume that it is the coaches and players who voted decidedly against Fletcher.

Meaning... that the people who actually play against and coach against London Fletcher didn't feel like he deserved to go to the Pro Bowl.

Wow. That is an even bigger slap in the face than other LB's that didn't make it. They didn't have help from a marketing campaign.

:laugh1:

:clap2:

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
bigE79;2504019 said:
Hell,we have a player just like him "GREG ELLIS" and nobody here thinks he is a HOFer:laugh1:
You need a psychiatric evaluation if you think Ellis is anything like Fletcher. He couldn't carry Fletcher's jock.

You're seriously trying to compare a guy with under 400 career tackles to a guy with over 1300? That would be as stupid as me trying to say Santana Moss is on the same level of TO.

You see how stupid that sounds? Now read your analogy and try again.

kapolani

Reaction score
Honestly...

Fletcher is a baller.

I live in Maryland so I watch quite a few Foreskin's games.

His motor is always running and seems to always be in on the action.

With all that being said...

You rarely - if ever - make the pro-bowl if you are on a train wreck of a team.

Now, if you guys were in contention, he probably would have made it.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2504045 said:
Exactly what statistic would lead anyone to believe Fletcher's an all-time great?
Over 100 tackles every year of his career. Top 5 in the NFL at his position every year of his career. Hasn't missed a game in his career. More tackles in a decade than any player in history besides Lawrence Taylor.

Nothing is ever enough for some of you fans is it? You're obviously not a fan of evidence. Go back and read the article I posted from the Dallas Morning News.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
kapolani;2504051 said:
Honestly...

Fletcher is a baller.

I live in Maryland so I watch quite a few Foreskin's games.

His motor is always running and seems to always be in on the action.

With all that being said...

You rarely - if ever - make the pro-bowl if you are on a train wreck of a team.

Now, if you guys were in contention, he probably would have made it.
Very true. And at least someone here has enough sense to acknowledge his talent. :clap: