Long year on the horizon for wade...The media is out to get him already.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't think Wade or most coaches really care that much what the media has to say.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2158460 said:
I don't think Wade or most coaches really care that much what the media has to say.

He asked a group of writers/reporters last year to please stop calling him "Mr. Fix It."

99 percent of the coaches I've dealt with over the years care a great deal about what is written/said about them. They're a sensitive bunch, for the most part.

"I'm a man. I'm 40!"

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Chief;2158300 said:
I wish I was like that.

But I was sick to my stomach for days after the playoff loss. It's almost like I could see the letdown coming throughout December and nobody did anything about it. The friggin iceberg was right there and they plowed right into it. There was no sense of urgency, it seemed. Just shrugs.

I handle the down years or the average years better I guess. To have a team that good and watch them doddle around at the end of the season was hard for me to take.

I know what you mean. From September until Thanksgiving, I was so excited. I thought their is no way we don't go to the SB. Then little by little my enthusiasm vanished. I wasn't even surprised we lost to the Giants. But it made me angry because I knew we were a better team . Last year was the biggest disappointment since the 1979 Cowboys lost to the Rams in the opening round of the playoffs.

Boysboy

Reaction score
PA Cowboy Fan;2158474 said:
I know what you mean. From September until Thanksgiving, I was so excited. I thought their is no way we don't go to the SB. Then little by little my enthusiasm vanished. I wasn't even surprised we lost to the Giants. But it made me angry because I knew we were a better team . Last year was the biggest disappointment since the 1979 Cowboys lost to the Rams in the opening round of the playoffs.

Hear, hear-it's been that way since '03...from Sept 'till Nov, despite a bump or 2 along the way, we would look like Super Bowl favorites. Then by the time Dec rolls around, the fan just hits the ceiling out of nowhere.

And it's the same Dec cycle every year-we would start out getting our tails kicked by our NFCE opponents, which all but takes a whiff out of our entire seasons. Like in '06 when the Eagles came into our house on xmas day and kicked our butts when the NFCE crown was right in our laps. The week after when we lost to lowly Detroit, I even went as far as laughing b/c nothing surprised me anymore. Same as last year-the Giants playoff loss didn't surprise me at all.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
PA Cowboy Fan;2158474 said:
Last year was the biggest disappointment since the 1979 Cowboys lost to the Rams in the opening round of the playoffs.

I agree.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
theebs;2158397 said:
jim rome just opened his show by saying...

"Wade needs to get his resume ready not his finger"

and there you have it.

You're doing THE SAME THING the media you loath so much are guilty of.

What he ACTUALLY said was "If he doesn't get his team to a SB...", THEN your culled-out quote.

Oh well, never let the facts, mess-up your agenda I guess.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2158402 said:
FWIW, Mosley was saying a few minutes on 103.3 that he couldn't believe the way Wade was attacked by the media from the start yesterday. Said that Wade may not be perfect and certainly isn't above criticism, but that some of the media almost seem to have something personal against him. Pointed out that it was like the media wanted to force him to say something, almost like a cross-examination.

Maybe, if he didn't make statements like, "I've only had 4 loosing seasons in my 24 years of coaching"?

Umm, not exactly factual.

He's been a part of winning teams as a coordinator. Most "position" coaches don't take credit for leading teams to success. Mainly I'd imagine, 'cus they WEREN'T the "leader".