CFZ Looking at Dak's WRs. has he really been helped?

cmoney23

Reaction score
One thing that I've noticed lately (might be all the OBJ) talk. But Dak has never had an elite, "number 1" WR. Cooper was the closest he had but I don't think he was ever a top 10 WR in the NFL. Maybe 10/11 at one point but still...

Here is a list of all the WR that have played with Dak, sorted by most games played with:

Michael Gallup
Cole Beasley
Noah Brown
Amari Cooper
Terrance Williams
Brice Butler
Dez Bryant
CeeDee Lamb
Cedrick Wilson
Tavon Austin
Malik Turner
Allen Hurns
Ryan Switzer
Randall Cobb
Lucky Whitehead
Ventell Bryant
Lance Lenoir
Deonte Thompson
KaVontae Turpin
Simi Fehoko
Vince Mayle
Jalen Tolbert
Devin Smith
Dennis Houston
Damion Ratley

Dez was great but Dak got him toward the end. CeeDee looks to be a great one, up and coming but doesn't seem to be a dominant, game-wreaking type... Cooper was/is a top 11-20 guy but again he disappears for long stretches.

I like Dak a lot... I think he is a top 5-10 QB in the game and has evolved his game every season... i just wonder what we'd look like with an AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson, DK Metcalf, or Jamar Chase type.

JayFord

Reaction score
CeeDee is on his way to the top 10 talks but not there just yet so hopefully we'll get to see Dak with an elite top wideout

but Dallas with Justin Jefferson would be nasty.....

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
One thing that I've noticed lately (might be all the OBJ) talk. But Dak has never had an elite, "number 1" WR. Cooper was the closest he had but I don't think he was ever a top 10 WR in the NFL. Maybe 10/11 at one point but still...

Here is a list of all the WR that have played with Dak, sorted by most games played with:

Michael Gallup
Cole Beasley
Noah Brown
Amari Cooper
Terrance Williams
Brice Butler
Dez Bryant
CeeDee Lamb
Cedrick Wilson
Tavon Austin
Malik Turner
Allen Hurns
Ryan Switzer
Randall Cobb
Lucky Whitehead
Ventell Bryant
Lance Lenoir
Deonte Thompson
KaVontae Turpin
Simi Fehoko
Vince Mayle
Jalen Tolbert
Devin Smith
Dennis Houston
Damion Ratley

Dez was great but Dak got him toward the end. CeeDee looks to be a great one, up and coming but doesn't seem to be a dominant, game-wreaking type... Cooper was/is a top 11-20 guy but again he disappears for long stretches.

I like Dak a lot... I think he is a top 5-10 QB in the game and has evolved his game every season... i just wonder what we'd look like with an AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson, DK Metcalf, or Jamar Chase type.
None of those guys would be who they are if they played with Dak. I promise you.

Creeper

Reaction score
Dak had 3 excellent receivers last year. And it work both ways. Did he help them? Maybe they would have looked better playing with a better QB. I am neither attacking or defending Dak. But receivers can help/hurt QB and QB can hurt/help WRs. Look at OBJ in Cleveland.

D4KADON

Reaction score

Michael Gallup
Cole Beasley
Noah Brown
Amari Cooper
Terrance Williams
Brice Butler
Dez Bryant
CeeDee Lamb
Cedrick Wilson
Tavon Austin
Malik Turner
Allen Hurns
Ryan Switzer
Randall Cobb
Lucky Whitehead
Ventell Bryant
Lance Lenoir
Deonte Thompson
KaVontae Turpin
Simi Fehoko
Vince Mayle
Jalen Tolbert
Devin Smith
Dennis Houston
Damion Ratley

Most qbs would kill to have wideouts like these.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Lamb is a stud, the problem is the rest of the WR room can’t consistently separate.

You want a balanced O, but the legit playoff contender have legit #2 WRs. We do not.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Would they??

...We dropped Dez and he really didn't land anywhere.

...Only got a 5th rounder for Cooper.

I mean CeeDee would be desirable because he's a young, up-and-comer.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Michael Gallup
Cole Beasley
Noah Brown
Amari Cooper
Terrance Williams
Brice Butler
Dez Bryant
CeeDee Lamb
Cedrick Wilson
Tavon Austin
Malik Turner
Allen Hurns
Ryan Switzer
Randall Cobb
Lucky Whitehead
Ventell Bryant
Lance Lenoir
Deonte Thompson
KaVontae Turpin
Simi Fehoko
Vince Mayle
Jalen Tolbert
Devin Smith
Dennis Houston
Damion Ratley

He hasn't. that's why I laugh at people who say he has a "stacked team". He's never played with a Deandre Hopkins or a Davante Adams or a Travis Kelce or Tyreke Hill or a Stefan Diggs.

And if we are being truthful this year has probably been one of his worse offensive lines he's had and receiving groups. None of this gets factored in and oh yeah he's been playing with a bum hand.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Which QB would "kill" to have these wideouts? Let's be careful on overhyping talent just because it has a start on the helmet.

What has happened to guys who have left Dallas? Dez? retired. Witten? Retired twice. Brice Butler? Terrance Williams? Cedric Wilson? Randall Cobb? Ehhhh......

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I would say that no, he has never had a top 5 WR who just dominates. Cooper and Lamb probably the two best he's played with.

Don't really care.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
No he hasn’t.
Your wide receiver room was solid with Cooper, not to beat the dead horse again. The problem is the Cowboys over evaluate the talent on their roster, they like our guys, which leads to wide receiver by committee, we can live without Cooper the others will step up type of decisions.

This mindset has hurt your team in other positions groups also. When the owner is the GM you have these issues.Jerry is the biggest Cowboy fan out there, he is also the biggest Jerry fan out there.

Just .02 from an Eagle fan.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Noah Brown had more yards per game with Rush than with Dak.

Cedric and Dak had great chemistry and I was disappointed to see him go
Noah Brown looked good because Gallup was out lol. Just like Wilson looked good because of injuries last year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Your wide receiver room was solid with Cooper, not to beat the dead horse again. The problem is the Cowboys over evaluate the talent on their roster, they like our guys, which leads to wide receiver by committee, we can live without Cooper the others will step up type of decisions.

This mindset has hurt your team in other positions groups also. When the owner is the GM you have these issues.Jerry is the biggest Cowboy fan out there, he is also the biggest Jerry fan out there.

Just .02 from an Eagle fan.
For all these issues they are 10-3. Amazing isn't it lol? If the Cowboys overvalued their talent then they wouldn't have gotten rid of Cooper. Or gotten rid of Collins, or Gregory, or Connor Williams....Cowboys have built a solid team. This is not the year to criticize their front office.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I almost forgot about Whitehead.

Dak's best trait has always been his ability to find the open receiver and spread it around, find the open guy so a so-called number one wasnt as necessary for him, individually, as it was/is for others.

That said, the team is better with Lamb as a number 1, and, obviously, the team will be better with more prototypical number 1, and 2, etcetera. But I've always admired that aspect of Dak's game.

Romo was like that, too, in some regards. But thats a big reason Dak took Romo's gig.