CFZ Looking at Dak's WRs. has he really been helped?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
No he hasn’t.
Your wide receiver room was solid with Cooper, not to beat the dead horse again. The problem is the Cowboys over evaluate the talent on their roster, they like our guys, which leads to wide receiver by committee, we can live without Cooper the others will step up type of decisions.

This mindset has hurt your team in other positions groups also. When the owner is the GM you have these issues.Jerry is the biggest Cowboy fan out there, he is also the biggest Jerry fan out there.

Just .02 from an Eagle fan.

You'll see in a couple weeks.

My .02.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
For all these issues they are 10-3. Amazing isn't it lol? If the Cowboys overvalued their talent then they wouldn't have gotten rid of Cooper. Or gotten rid of Collins, or Gregory, or Connor Williams....Cowboys have built a solid team. This is not the year to criticize their front office.
I responded to the op question regarding Dak and his support or lack there of a wide receiver. The list of receivers he has an available during his career.
My “criticism” was not only directed at this year but at the help Dak has been given through out his career. It reminds of what Mcnabb had to work with during his career with Philadelphia.

In my opinion they have done some of the same
this year with your wide receivers and the swing tackle positions. I think they realized they missed the boat at tackle and signed Peters and also realized the impact Cooper had in the passing game , hence the OBJ circus and the signing of Hilton.

Your Cowboys are having a nice season, doesn’t necessarily mean your front office has been perfect.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
mouthbreather made all these wide receivers better. He'll get all those guys paid. That's all I care about. Pay the receivers.

cnuball21

Reaction score
No he hasn’t.
Your wide receiver room was solid with Cooper, not to beat the dead horse again. The problem is the Cowboys over evaluate the talent on their roster, they like our guys, which leads to wide receiver by committee, we can live without Cooper the others will step up type of decisions.

This mindset has hurt your team in other positions groups also. When the owner is the GM you have these issues.Jerry is the biggest Cowboy fan out there, he is also the biggest Jerry fan out there.

Just .02 from an Eagle fan.

Pretty much spot on.

Paying MG coming off an injury was dumb. Letting Cooper walk was dumber. Doing nothing to replace Cooper was dumb.

Whiffing in Tolbert didn’t help, but when you look at what others playoff contenders are doing for their QBs its incredibly frustrating. Eagles are a perfect example.

jay94

Reaction score
One thing that I've noticed lately (might be all the OBJ) talk. But Dak has never had an elite, "number 1" WR. Cooper was the closest he had but I don't think he was ever a top 10 WR in the NFL. Maybe 10/11 at one point but still...

Here is a list of all the WR that have played with Dak, sorted by most games played with:

Michael Gallup
Cole Beasley
Noah Brown
Amari Cooper
Terrance Williams
Brice Butler
Dez Bryant
CeeDee Lamb
Cedrick Wilson
Tavon Austin
Malik Turner
Allen Hurns
Ryan Switzer
Randall Cobb
Lucky Whitehead
Ventell Bryant
Lance Lenoir
Deonte Thompson
KaVontae Turpin
Simi Fehoko
Vince Mayle
Jalen Tolbert
Devin Smith
Dennis Houston
Damion Ratley

Dez was great but Dak got him toward the end. CeeDee looks to be a great one, up and coming but doesn't seem to be a dominant, game-wreaking type... Cooper was/is a top 11-20 guy but again he disappears for long stretches.

I like Dak a lot... I think he is a top 5-10 QB in the game and has evolved his game every season... i just wonder what we'd look like with an AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson, DK Metcalf, or Jamar Chase type.

Last year Dak had better weapons on the unit than Romo had in any point of his career. They had a top 5 receiver corps last year.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Has Dak ever made a receiver better, a la Romo with Laurent Robinson, Miles Austin etc?

He spreads the ball around a lot and excels in the short yardage passing game, so I’d argue he’s been a boon to TEs and slot WRs he’s played with, like Cedric Wilson

glimmerman

Reaction score
Just use the formula, start and establish the run. Then play action and the WR’s and TE’s we have now can get open. We just need to stay with that and we are good. Play good Defense and ST and we can hang and beat any team. I thought this week we started with to much pass but settled in on the opening drive running and scored. But that fumbled punt really messed up the momentum. There is going to be games like this. We have to hang tough and get better..

Last edited:

cmoney23

Reaction score
Last year Dak had better weapons on the unit than Romo had in any point of his career. They had a top 5 receiver corps last year.
On the whole, last year, they were good.

I'm not speaking to the group.

I think I'm looking at Philly. They had a good group of WRs last year... Added AJ Brown and BOOM!!! Hurts is in the MVP conversation. He was teetering on being the guy!!!!!

cnuball21

Reaction score

Yea, that WR room last year was legit. Unfortunately the OL started breaking down end of year and it was basically a non factor against SF.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I responded to the op question regarding Dak and his support or lack there of a wide receiver. The list of receivers he has an available during his career.
My “criticism” was not only directed at this year but at the help Dak has been given through out his career. It reminds of what Mcnabb had to work with during his career with Philadelphia.

In my opinion they have done some of the same
this year with your wide receivers and the swing tackle positions. I think they realized they missed the boat at tackle and signed Peters and also realized the impact Cooper had in the passing game , hence the OBJ circus and the signing of Hilton.

Your Cowboys are having a nice season, doesn’t necessarily mean your front office has been perfect.
They drafted Tyler Smith and he’s been solid for a rookie left tackle. Peters was insurance for when Tyron got hurt. They handled it perfectly. The OBJ circus was to get a premium talent at a cheap price. Nothing more nothing less.

Tommy

Reaction score
He hasn't. that's why I laugh at people who say he has a "stacked team". He's never played with a Deandre Hopkins or a Davante Adams or a Travis Kelce or Tyreke Hill or a Stefan Diggs.

And if we are being truthful this year has probably been one of his worse offensive lines he's had and receiving groups. None of this gets factored in and oh yeah he's been playing with a bum hand.
Wow! Your right! Dak’s awesome and he’s playing with a bunch of scrubs.

I wonder what would happen if he got hurt and missed 4 games.

Cowboys0988

Reaction score
If a QB needs multiple 1st round picks at WR, then they arent gonna have much success in the NFL. Daks had more help on offense than 80% of the QBs in this league his entire career. Now that hes making huge money, there aint enough to go around but thats why he has the big contract, cause QBs that make that money can carry their teams..Right?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If a QB needs multiple 1st round picks at WR, then they arent gonna have much success in the NFL. Daks had more help on offense than 80% of the QBs in this league his entire career. Now that hes making huge money, there aint enough to go around but thats why he has the big contract, cause QBs that make that money can carry their teams..Right?
That’s crap. Mahomes has had Tyreke Hill and Kelce. Allen has Diggs. Rodgers had Davante Adams….those are real number ones.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing that I've noticed lately (might be all the OBJ) talk. But Dak has never had an elite, "number 1" WR. Cooper was the closest he had but I don't think he was ever a top 10 WR in the NFL. Maybe 10/11 at one point but still...

Here is a list of all the WR that have played with Dak, sorted by most games played with:

Michael Gallup
Cole Beasley
Noah Brown
Amari Cooper
Terrance Williams
Brice Butler
Dez Bryant
CeeDee Lamb
Cedrick Wilson
Tavon Austin
Malik Turner
Allen Hurns
Ryan Switzer
Randall Cobb
Lucky Whitehead
Ventell Bryant
Lance Lenoir
Deonte Thompson
KaVontae Turpin
Simi Fehoko
Vince Mayle
Jalen Tolbert
Devin Smith
Dennis Houston
Damion Ratley

Dez was great but Dak got him toward the end. CeeDee looks to be a great one, up and coming but doesn't seem to be a dominant, game-wreaking type... Cooper was/is a top 11-20 guy but again he disappears for long stretches.

I like Dak a lot... I think he is a top 5-10 QB in the game and has evolved his game every season... i just wonder what we'd look like with an AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson, DK Metcalf, or Jamar Chase type.
Bullsip list.

Really dude?

Dak apologist jeeses