CFZ Looking at Dak's WRs. has he really been helped?

Ken

Reaction score
Last year Dak had better weapons on the unit than Romo had in any point of his career. They had a top 5 receiver corps last year.
I tell ya...mention Dak and the idiocy hits ungodly levels.

FYI, Romo threw to not 1 but two 1st team all pros in 2007.

cnuball21

Reaction score
If a QB needs multiple 1st round picks at WR, then they arent gonna have much success in the NFL. Daks had more help on offense than 80% of the QBs in this league his entire career. Now that hes making huge money, there aint enough to go around but thats why he has the big contract, cause QBs that make that money can carry their teams..Right?

Wrong.

Mahomes
Herbert
Hurtz
Burrow
Stafford (last year)
Brady (TB)

Some of the better QBs in football and every one of them has some kind of combo of early draft picks and or higher money FAs at the WR position. These guys all seem to be having success.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Noah Brown looked good because Gallup was out lol. Just like Wilson looked good because of injuries last year.
How does brown get advantage from Gallup being out?

Doesn't better receivers being in..... help lesser receivers?

Man you haters....you just can't keep your stories straight.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Most qbs would kill to have wideouts like these.
Ummm…..no. We have two teams with better WRs than ours in our own division, and before injuries, NY may have been better as well. It’s not even close. Even when we had Irvin, the Cowboys were always trying to pair a big time guy with him. We don’t have an Irvin, and I can assure you no one envies us having Gallup as our #2, and few have the garbage we have at #3 and #4.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
One thing that I've noticed lately (might be all the OBJ) talk. But Dak has never had an elite, "number 1" WR. Cooper was the closest he had but I don't think he was ever a top 10 WR in the NFL. Maybe 10/11 at one point but still...

Here is a list of all the WR that have played with Dak, sorted by most games played with:

Michael Gallup
Cole Beasley
Noah Brown
Amari Cooper
Terrance Williams
Brice Butler
Dez Bryant
CeeDee Lamb
Cedrick Wilson
Tavon Austin
Malik Turner
Allen Hurns
Ryan Switzer
Randall Cobb
Lucky Whitehead
Ventell Bryant
Lance Lenoir
Deonte Thompson
KaVontae Turpin
Simi Fehoko
Vince Mayle
Jalen Tolbert
Devin Smith
Dennis Houston
Damion Ratley

Dez was great but Dak got him toward the end. CeeDee looks to be a great one, up and coming but doesn't seem to be a dominant, game-wreaking type... Cooper was/is a top 11-20 guy but again he disappears for long stretches.

I like Dak a lot... I think he is a top 5-10 QB in the game and has evolved his game every season... i just wonder what we'd look like with an AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson, DK Metcalf, or Jamar Chase type.
Well, if Prescot knew how to throw a decent pass then it might have helped some on your list to have better career stats!!!!!!!!!! If you noticed Prescot's numbers are always up there because for the most part he feasts on TOADS in the league, but when he's going up against decent teams or he's playing in meaningful games he turns into some ridiculous mediocre QB that can't find another gear in his game. Now he's coming out that his game against the Texans was horrible and that he needs to fix his passing game, but unfortunately for Cowboy Nation his problems have affected his game his entire career!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One game he's up and then 3 or 4 games he's down, this type of play doesn't work in the NFL and all he's going to amount to is some 4th round, less than mediocre QB who got insanely rich by doing absolutely nothing for the Dallas Cowboys!

morat1959

Reaction score
Poor ole Dak has never had any help. Has never had an OC or O-line either. This will never stop his HOF career.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
One thing that I've noticed lately (might be all the OBJ) talk. But Dak has never had an elite, "number 1" WR. Cooper was the closest he had but I don't think he was ever a top 10 WR in the NFL. Maybe 10/11 at one point but still...

Here is a list of all the WR that have played with Dak, sorted by most games played with:

Michael Gallup
Cole Beasley
Noah Brown
Amari Cooper
Terrance Williams
Brice Butler
Dez Bryant
CeeDee Lamb
Cedrick Wilson
Tavon Austin
Malik Turner
Allen Hurns
Ryan Switzer
Randall Cobb
Lucky Whitehead
Ventell Bryant
Lance Lenoir
Deonte Thompson
KaVontae Turpin
Simi Fehoko
Vince Mayle
Jalen Tolbert
Devin Smith
Dennis Houston
Damion Ratley

Dez was great but Dak got him toward the end. CeeDee looks to be a great one, up and coming but doesn't seem to be a dominant, game-wreaking type... Cooper was/is a top 11-20 guy but again he disappears for long stretches.

I like Dak a lot... I think he is a top 5-10 QB in the game and has evolved his game every season... i just wonder what we'd look like with an AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson, DK Metcalf, or Jamar Chase type.
Interesting question.
Hopefully CD continues to grow into a number one so we can find out.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Well, if Prescot knew how to throw a decent pass then it might have helped some on your list to have better career stats!!!!!!!!!! If you noticed Prescot's numbers are always up there because for the most part he feasts on TOADS in the league, but when he's going up against decent teams or he's playing in meaningful games he turns into some ridiculous mediocre QB that can't find another gear in his game. Now he's coming out that his game against the Texans was horrible and that he needs to fix his passing game, but unfortunately for Cowboy Nation his problems have affected his game his entire career!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One game he's up and then 3 or 4 games he's down, this type of play doesn't work in the NFL and all he's going to amount to is some 4th round, less than mediocre QB who got insanely rich by doing absolutely nothing for the Dallas Cowboys!

This narrative has been put to bed so many
times. Go fish.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Michael Gallup
Cole Beasley
Noah Brown
Amari Cooper
Terrance Williams
Brice Butler
Dez Bryant
CeeDee Lamb
Cedrick Wilson
Tavon Austin
Malik Turner
Allen Hurns
Ryan Switzer
Randall Cobb
Lucky Whitehead
Ventell Bryant
Lance Lenoir
Deonte Thompson
KaVontae Turpin
Simi Fehoko
Vince Mayle
Jalen Tolbert
Devin Smith
Dennis Houston
Damion Ratley

He's been helped more than he's helped.

That's for sure.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Last year Dak had better weapons on the unit than Romo had in any point of his career. They had a top 5 receiver corps last year.
Ok. Now you are making me laugh.

Name 2 players in our starting WR corps last season who are sure fire HOFers. Ill wait.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak had 3 excellent receivers last year. And it work both ways. Did he help them? Maybe they would have looked better playing with a better QB. I am neither attacking or defending Dak. But receivers can help/hurt QB and QB can hurt/help WRs. Look at OBJ in Cleveland.
Yes he did #1 offense in the league in 21 , was top in 2020 before his injury, ironic also now the last 7 games offense IS BACK to top 5 in almost every category and sitting at 6-1 with 14 4thr blown lead from 7-0 , Id say Daks doing somethig right because the first 8 games this was NOT the case.

IUDC about those threads just dropped in and saw this. apparently none of our Wrs are suffering because of Dak,. those are facts
Kelln Moore, garret ,and others might be our biggest issues IE play calling but this place is bipolar, want more passing stats from dak and our wrs but complaining when we don't run enough, LOL

cnuball21

Reaction score
Ok. Now you are making me laugh.

Name 2 players in our starting WR corps last season who are sure fire HOFers. Ill wait.

In 07 and 09 the Cowboys didn’t really
have a great #2 either. But…TO was elite and Witten was in his prime. It was kinda like Tyreek and Kelce where the whole passing game ran through those 2 guys for the most part.

phildadon86

Reaction score
In 07 and 09 the Cowboys didn’t really
have a great #2 either. But…TO was elite and Witten was in his prime. It was kinda like Tyreek and Kelce where the whole passing game ran through those 2 guys for the most part.
Thats what I am saying. TO and Witten are HOF players. This guy is making it seem like Amari, Gallup, and Lamb were better than them. Its nuts.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Thats what I am saying. TO and Witten are HOF players. This guy is making it seem like Amari, Gallup, and Lamb were better than them. Its nuts.

Well individually no…but when you look at the collective group of Cooper, Lamb, MG and Wilson I think you can make an argument it’s as good as those WR groups as a whole.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Well individually no…but when you look at the collective group of Cooper, Lamb, MG and Wilson I think you can make an argument it’s as good as those WR groups as a whole.
I disagree. TO could take over games single handedly. And did so on many occasions in 2007. On the road and home. Something Cooper has never done. Witten was arguably the best tight end in football then. So. Yeah. Lets agree to disagree. And lets not even compare the OL on the 2007 team to what we had last season.