Looking back at 2015 college stars

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We got them all....... dare I say 4 Number 1 picks

DsqEJf5VAAEFEU0.jpg

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Dak is an average to below average NFL QB. If you want to say that is a 1st round pick criteria, then by all means. But you would be out on that limb by yourself. He does some things pretty well. He can take a hit. He runs good and when he uses good technique, the throws a nice ball. But he also does a lot of things bad, he feels pressure that isn't there. His pocket awareness is pathetic. He doesn't seem to read a Defense very well at all, except when we can force them into basic coverage because of our run game. This is also the reason he does so well in the 2 minute drives, the defense is not able to really hide much, they have to get lined up and play because the O is lined up and about to snap quickly. He takes a lot of sacks that are not on the OL. I would bet at least 30-40% of the sacks this year are on Dak, not the OL play. I don't think a team in the NFL would give you a 1st for Dak right now today.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Dak is an average to below average NFL QB. If you want to say that is a 1st round pick criteria, then by all means. But you would be out on that limb by yourself. He does some things pretty well. He can take a hit. He runs good and when he uses good technique, the throws a nice ball. But he also does a lot of things bad, he feels pressure that isn't there. His pocket awareness is pathetic. He doesn't seem to read a Defense very well at all, except when we can force them into basic coverage because of our run game. This is also the reason he does so well in the 2 minute drives, the defense is not able to really hide much, they have to get lined up and play because the O is lined up and about to snap quickly. He takes a lot of sacks that are not on the OL. I would bet at least 30-40% of the sacks this year are on Dak, not the OL play. I don't think a team in the NFL would give you a 1st for Dak right now today.
Compare his numbers to Jared Goff and Carson Wentz and then you can continue to be wrong

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Compare his numbers to Jared Goff and Carson Wentz and then you can continue to be wrong

So you are saying that the Rams or the Eagles would trade their QB for Dak straight up? I can name maybe 4 teams that would trade QB with the Cowboys. And neither of those 2 made the list.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So you are saying that the Rams or the Eagles would trade their QB for Dak straight up? I can name maybe 4 teams that would trade QB with the Cowboys. And neither of those 2 made the list.
That is not what was said..... I said he has performed just as well or better.... not that they are unhappy with their picks

But we should be ecstatic about getting Dak and Zeke instead of just Dak

15 teams would take Dak for a 1st right now

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
That is not what was said..... I said he has performed just as well or better.... not that they are unhappy with their picks

Name them. I don't think any team would give up a 1st for Dak. They have all seen him perform without Zeke and the best OL in Football and in case you forgot, it was putrid QB play. If a team does not have a Zeke or a dominant OL, they wouldn't even consider picking up Dak if he was free, let alone give up a 1st.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Dak is undoubtedly at the very least the 3rd best QB in his draft but isn't a number one pick? lol...

People's disdain at the kid for taking Romo's job is unreal.
He was not considered a top 32 talent both then and now. Just being a starting QB doesn't make you a 1st rounder and certainly at this stage in his career.

There are misses in the draft. Russ is a recent example. He has shown he was one of the best 32 players of his draft. Dak has not. He has proven he's a game manager with some upside. A worse Alex Smith.

EST_1986

Reaction score
I wouldn't call Dak a star, or a number 1 pick.

But the other 3, sure.
I thin he means Round 1, not #1 overall.

I think in a re-draft Dak would go in the first round, even as bad as his play has been of late.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Wasn’t Jackson the last pick of the first round? I’m not convinced if you threw Dak in with Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen, and Jackson that he wouldn’t be at the bottom of that list and thus be a 2nd rounder. Given what Dak’s ceiling seems to be I think it’s presumptuous that teams would be clamoring to spend a first rounder on him. Not saying they wouldn’t, but he’s not a slam dunk first rounder like Zeke, Coop, and J. Smith would be.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I think the jury is still out. Right now, he at least remains the third-best quarterback in that draft. Whether he's worth a first-rounder is debatable. In 2016, he was. In 2017, he wasn't. And until the last three games of this season, he wasn't.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Re-draft 2016 right now and Dak goes Top10
Man, that was a draft where I do think he goes 1st round if they redrafted but I don’t think he goes ahead of Goff, Wentz, Bosa, Zeke, Ramsey, Neal, Thomas, Hill, or Schobert. So perhaps he goes 10th or so but there are others like Deion Jones out there so who knows.

Drafts are based on need so Dak is probably a guy that sometimes goes 1st round and others doesn’t. It just depends on how everything shakes out. That was a weak QB draft after the first two in 2016 but I think only the Giants would have possibly drafted Dak in the top 10 out of those teams (knowing what they know now). I’m sure the 9ers would prefer Jimmy G over Dak and the Bears would prefer Trubisky.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I think the jury is still out. Right now, he at least remains the third-best quarterback in that draft. Whether he's worth a first-rounder is debatable. In 2016, he was. In 2017, he wasn't. And until the last three games of this season, he wasn't.
Wrong

He has been every year..... you are just judging him on this year when took all his tools away....before Cooper

There is no debate otherwise