Looking back at 2015 college stars

CowboysRule

Reaction score
No flippin way

That is the dumbest thing I read today ....congrats
Must not have read much today. Goff at least, not so sure about Wentz.

Goff on the year has completed 67.7% of his passes (258/381) for 3547 yards (9.3ya). 26 TD's and 6 INT's. Rating of 113.5.
Dak on the year has completed 65.2% of his passes (219/336) for 2427 yards (7.2ya). 13 TD's and 5 INT's. Rating of 93.2.

The big difference is the yards per attempt. Goff has thrown 45 more passes (completed 39 more) for 1120 yards. That's huge.
Also, double the TD's, one more INT. I'd take that any day.
Dak has surpassed 200 yards passing as many times as Goff has surpassed 300 yards passing (400+ two times). That's huge.

Goff is at the helm of one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL today. We all know how great our offense is. Some of that is due to play-calling but how much of the play calling is hamstrung by Dak's inability to make all the NFL throws required of a QB? Stats don't even tell the whole story. Just watch them play and you can see how much more of an NFL caliber Goff is compared to Dak. He should be anyways, he was the #1 pick while Dak was a 4th rounder. But that doesn't matter anymore. They both play in the NFL.

I would trade Dak and Zeke for Goff in a heartbeat. I'd even throw in a first or more.

irishline

Reaction score
We got them all....... dare I say 4 Number 1 picks

DsqEJf5VAAEFEU0.jpg

All these posts about Dak and whether or not he belongs in this group, but not one mention that Amari was on the Raiders that year and clearly not a 2015 college star. Smh... ;):p

Edit: Sorry if there was and I missed it.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Must not have read much today. Goff at least, not so sure about Wentz.

Goff on the year has completed 67.7% of his passes (258/381) for 3547 yards (9.3ya). 26 TD's and 6 INT's. Rating of 113.5.
Dak on the year has completed 65.2% of his passes (219/336) for 2427 yards (7.2ya). 13 TD's and 5 INT's. Rating of 93.2.

The big difference is the yards per attempt. Goff has thrown 45 more passes (completed 39 more) for 1120 yards. That's huge.
Also, double the TD's, one more INT. I'd take that any day.
Dak has surpassed 200 yards passing as many times as Goff has surpassed 300 yards passing (400+ two times). That's huge.

Goff is at the helm of one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL today. We all know how great our offense is. Some of that is due to play-calling but how much of the play calling is hamstrung by Dak's inability to make all the NFL throws required of a QB? Stats don't even tell the whole story. Just watch them play and you can see how much more of an NFL caliber Goff is compared to Dak. He should be anyways, he was the #1 pick while Dak was a 4th rounder. But that doesn't matter anymore. They both play in the NFL.

I would trade Dak and Zeke for Goff in a heartbeat. I'd even throw in a first or more.
Dumb and dumber

YOU answered your own question.....try comparing the offensive schemes and WRs again

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
They also forget the Rushing Yards and 17 rushing TDs
That’s an excellent point.

It’s like those don’t count the same????

Not sure why we forget that and don’t count them. Well I know why some do.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
All these posts about Dak and whether or not he belongs in this group, but not one mention that Amari was on the Raiders that year and clearly not a 2015 college star. Smh... ;):p

Edit: Sorry if there was and I missed it.
He played in the Sugar Bowl in 2015 against Zeke and Ohio State smart guy........FAIL

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I'll give you one thing, little feller, you've got spunk. And that's a good thing

I don't think he struggles to make those throws. He may be uncomfortable, or he may be reluctant, but he's certainly capable and was more than willing to do so in 2016 and a significant part of last year and was successful. But the goal isn't to throw the ball all over the field and get a bunch of Red Zone highlights or fantasy points (unless you're Dan Marino), it's to operate the offense efficiently and win. To put it in context, the Cowboys won a playoff game 5-0 in route to their first Super Bowl appearance. It wasn't pretty. In fact, some would characterize it as ugly, but they did what they had to do to win and move on and that's all that matters.
Yeah I don't need him or any qb to necessarily do it all the time but in the playoffs against better teams they will force you to do your weakest skill more often and that has me worried. He has the same flaws that he had coming out of Popeyes during hasn't really improved on them at all. I know the W get some super excited but I see beyond that and that's what you have to do if you want to go far in the playoffs unless it's just your year. That could happen too but it's more likely the less things you have as a major weakness teams can focus on. Dak win a SB I'll be glad but his current play leaves a lot to be desired regardless of what sunny piciture stats show.