Looking back at 2015 college stars

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
I'm guessing that was Cooper Rush throwing 64 yard TD bombs to Austin. Or those bombs he threw to Butler last season.

Yep, and that was Dak Cooper Rush and Austin sitting on the couch watching the playoffs on TV. Gotta love a Winner

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yep, and that was Dak Cooper Rush and Austin sitting on the couch watching the playoffs on TV. Gotta love a Winner
Correct me if I'm wrong but the playoffs haven't started this season and if it did Dallas has the 4 seed.........

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Wrong. For one, go watch the Steelers game that year. Yes, Zeke got a bunch on a screen pass, but he hit Dez deep as well. And last year against the Giants in NJ, Dak hit Dez on a deep sideline inside the 5 that Dez promptly dropped. Be careful about absolute statements like "cannot make throws past 15-20 yards" when there is evidence to the contrary.

A 5-10 yard catch and a 30yrd run is not a deep pass. Analyze his throws and you will see close to 80% are 15-20yd throws..... don’t count the YAC. That’s for the WR. Dak can’t hit the deep ball.

We will see Thursday, the Cowboys will need to air it out to keep pace with the saints. Hope I am wrong.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but the playoffs haven't started this season and if it did Dallas has the 4 seed.........
One and done in the only playoff appearance in 3yrs. He fits right in with the Garret and Jerry Jones system.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
One and done in the only playoff appearance in 3yrs. He fits right in with the Garret and Jerry Jones system.
Haha you mean 1 playoff appearance in 2 full seasons and on track for 2 out of 3. Better than Romo

mrmojo

Reaction score
So you are saying that the Rams or the Eagles would trade their QB for Dak straight up? I can name maybe 4 teams that would trade QB with the Cowboys. And neither of those 2 made the list.
4 is being generous....and I like the kid

JustChip

Reaction score
A 5-10 yard catch and a 30yrd run is not a deep pass. Analyze his throws and you will see close to 80% are 15-20yd throws..... don’t count the YAC. That’s for the WR. Dak can’t hit the deep ball.

We will see Thursday, the Cowboys will need to air it out to keep pace with the saints. Hope I am wrong.
I’m not talking about 5-10 yard passes that have big YAC. I specifically excluded the Zeke screen in the 2016 Steelers game and talked only about the pass to Dez in the same game which was over 30 yards. And the pass last year in the road Giants game which was also over 30 yards. There are countless examples of balls over 20 yards. The original comment was he can’t throw over 20 yards which is patently wrong based on history. That’s all I’m refuting.

Personally, I don’t care if he throws it 5 yards or 50 as long as the offense moves & we win. I have no vested interest in Dak or any other player.

visionary

Reaction score
That is not what was said..... I said he has performed just as well or better.... not that they are unhappy with their picks

But we should be ecstatic about getting Dak and Zeke instead of just Dak

15 teams would take Dak for a 1st right now

Lol
Any sensible person would take Goff or Wentz over Dak and Zeke

JustChip

Reaction score
4 is being generous....and I like the kid
The phallacy in that argument is that teams wouldn’t make a like for like trade. E.g., would Seattle and the Chargers trade QBs? Never say never, but highly unlikely, but that isn’t an indication either QB is better than the other. It’s that they each have what they need. If anything, the Chargers do it simply based on age difference.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I’m not talking about 5-10 yard passes that have big YAC. I specifically excluded the Zeke screen in the 2016 Steelers game and talked only about the pass to Dez in the same game which was over 30 yards. And the pass last year in the road Giants game which was also over 30 yards. There are countless examples of balls over 20 yards. The original comment was he can’t throw over 20 yards which is patently wrong based on history. That’s all I’m refuting.

Personally, I don’t care if he throws it 5 yards or 50 as long as the offense moves & we win. I have no vested interest in Dak or any other player.
So you're being obtuse hopefully or straight up not smart which I hope not to win an online discussion? When someone's says player X can't do something it doesn't mean they literally can't do it esp if we've all saw them do it. It means that isn't the norm for that person come on my friend. Maybe online you need to be super specific so people like you don't go refuting things folks aren't really saying. I guess when you're used to giving adults credit that they know when to take things literal or not you probably shouldn't online.

JustChip

Reaction score
So you're being obtuse hopefully or straight up not smart which I hope not to win an online discussion? When someone's says player X can't do something it doesn't mean they literally can't do it esp if we've all saw them do it. It means that isn't the norm for that person come on my friend. Maybe online you need to be super specific so people like you don't go refuting things folks aren't really saying. I guess when you're used to giving adults credit that they know when to take things literal or not you probably shouldn't online.
Hmmm...I see you’ve watched Shawshank Redemption. Great movie by the way - a real testament to the values of long term planning.

A person should say exactly what they mean and mean exactly what they say. Sorry, but can’t means never. You want to say “struggle” or “rarely”, fine, but say that.

I’ll say it again, I couldn’t care less whether Dak can throw the ball up a galloping camel’s derrière from 50 yards. The object is to move the ball AND win the game.

And by the way, sonnie, I’m probably old enough to be your grandpappy and going to games while you were yet gumming your pablum.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Hmmm...I see you’ve watched Shawshank Redemption. Great movie by the way - a real testament to the values of long term planning.

A person should say exactly what they mean and mean exactly what they say. Sorry, but can’t means never. You want to say “struggle” or “rarely”, fine, but say that.

I’ll say it again, I couldn’t care less whether Dak can throw the ball up a galloping camel’s derrière from 50 yards. The object is to move the ball AND win the game.

And by the way, sonnie, I’m probably old enough to be your grandpappy and going to games while you were yet gumming your pablum.
You're right gramps things have changed since the horse and buggy days but folks saying never and not really leaning never has been said forever. Old age isn't going to fly on that when I know geezers just as old as you that know this.

Dak struggles making those passes and unless you're being obtuse which you've already admitted you understood the context of never. I guess when you get older playing obtuse is some endearing quality but when you're younger it's not. You're right you probably have been going to games since forever but it has bearing on this discussion to be honest.

JustChip

Reaction score
You're right gramps things have changed since the horse and buggy days but folks saying never and not really leaning never has been said forever. Old age isn't going to fly on that when I know geezers just as old as you that know this.

Dak struggles making those passes and unless you're being obtuse which you've already admitted you understood the context of never. I guess when you get older playing obtuse is some endearing quality but when you're younger it's not. You're right you probably have been going to games since forever but it has bearing on this discussion to be honest.

I'll give you one thing, little feller, you've got spunk. And that's a good thing

I don't think he struggles to make those throws. He may be uncomfortable, or he may be reluctant, but he's certainly capable and was more than willing to do so in 2016 and a significant part of last year and was successful. But the goal isn't to throw the ball all over the field and get a bunch of Red Zone highlights or fantasy points (unless you're Dan Marino), it's to operate the offense efficiently and win. To put it in context, the Cowboys won a playoff game 5-0 in route to their first Super Bowl appearance. It wasn't pretty. In fact, some would characterize it as ugly, but they did what they had to do to win and move on and that's all that matters.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Dak cant have one positive thread around here lol Y'all that mad he took Romos job lmao