Looking forward to the season

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Lot’s of turmoil going on with the Cowboys right now with Dak’s and Cee Dee’s contract negotiations. The Jones keep daring Dak to prove his worth and Dak continually delivers coming in 2nd in NFL MVP voting with MM’s QB guruness. He’ll do the same this year and it will be interesting to see how the Jones screw that up.

But for this year, Dak’s here so the passing game will be as elite as it was last year and I predict better. That’s because of the road graders the Cowboys drafted along the offensive line. Tyler Smith, Guyton, Beebe and Thomas. With Martin on the right along with an excellent run blocker in Steele and the offensive running game should be decent. The RB room is not complete as of today as I fully expect a trade before the season starts for a more established RB. Being able to run the ball will go a long way in playoff games.

As for stopping the run, well they have a lot to prove. Kneeland will be a help as he’s solid against the run but Hankins is gone and the only draftee was a 7th rounder in Rogers. Mazi’s still a question mark and hoping for the best there but again, it’s only May and I expect an upgrade with the DT’s before the season starts. Being able to stop the run game goes a long way in playoff games.

IF they can do those 2 things, then this team is more than capable of going far into the playoffs haters be damned!

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Fail to see how this team is better than a divisional round team at absolute best without big jumps from year 2 players and rookies all contributing in a major way and it may take that just to be a divisional round team. We won’t suck like some think and while I’ll root like hell every week and keep an open mind - don’t think the end result will be any different than the last 29.

Front office played a scared game this offseason. Scared money don’t make no money

Jipper

Reaction score
Losing to GB sucked all the wind out of my sails, I'm not getting excited about this team again till they get it done on divisional Sunday.
Hate to say it but I feel the same...I will have to see how I feel as we get closer to the season start but I haven't felt this meh about a season ever.

Granted they could still do some good stuff in the next few months that could make us all feel better....but the best thing I want to see is no dak extension

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Fail to see how this team is better than a divisional round team again without big jumps from year 2 players and rookies all contributing in a major way. We won’t suck like some think and while I’ll root like hell every week and keep an open mind - don’t think the end result will be any different than the last 29.

Front office played a scared game this offseason. Scared money don’t make no money
Maybe we will get lucky this season and all the teams we face in the playoffs will have a catastrophic injury bug.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As for stopping the run, well they have a lot to prove. Kneeland will be a help as he’s solid against the run but Hankins is gone and the only draftee was a 7th rounder in Rogers. Mazi’s still a question mark and hoping for the best there but again, it’s only May and I expect an upgrade with the DT’s before the season starts. Being able to stop the run game goes a long way in playoff games.
Big time upgrades to the LB corp will help the run defense this year. 4 new LB's and Bell back at S will make a difference.

I agree with you that an upgrade at DT will happen before the season starts.

leeblair

Reaction score
Lot’s of turmoil going on with the Cowboys right now with Dak’s and Cee Dee’s contract negotiations. The Jones keep daring Dak to prove his worth and Dak continually delivers coming in 2nd in NFL MVP voting with MM’s QB guruness. He’ll do the same this year and it will be interesting to see how the Jones screw that up.

But for this year, Dak’s here so the passing game will be as elite as it was last year and I predict better. That’s because of the road graders the Cowboys drafted along the offensive line. Tyler Smith, Guyton, Beebe and Thomas. With Martin on the right along with an excellent run blocker in Steele and the offensive running game should be decent. The RB room is not complete as of today as I fully expect a trade before the season starts for a more established RB. Being able to run the ball will go a long way in playoff games.

IF they can do those 2 things, then this team is more than capable of going far into the playoffs haters be damned!
Dak has NEVER proved he is worth so much as a practice squad quarterback's salary.
He only produces against teams the Cowboys are beating up on already, but he NEVER produces when the Cowboys need him to be the leader that takes them to the next level.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dak has NEVER proved he is worth so much as a practice squad quarterback's salary.
He only produces against teams the Cowboys are beating up on already, but he NEVER produces when the Cowboys need him to be the leader that takes them to the next level.
He proved it when he was franchised and ended up with a QB market contract so not sure where you get the NEVER from. We’re you on the LOST crew?

irishline

Reaction score
He proved it when he was franchised and ended up with a QB market contract so not sure where you get the NEVER from. We’re you on the LOST crew?
That proved that our owner is an idiot who repeatedly overpays players on this team. Nothing more.

By your logic DeShawn Watson is the 2nd coming of Tom Brady mixed with a little johnny Unitas and maybe some Joe Montana. Come on man. I know based on your 10-15 losing years of football if we lose Dak thread, that you like him more than the team, but do better.

Money =/= talent

Proving it would be getting this team beyond the first round of the playoffs in his almost decade of quarterbacking this team.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
I will be sitting on the couch yelling for the boys as usual.

Must say though.. these 1 year deals for Zimmer and FA's make me wonder how serious they really are.

leeblair

Reaction score
No he didn't. He took advantage of being injured and having Ezekiel Elliott and the rest of the Cowboys cover for him vs weak teams, and the media and his Agent and friends made excuses for his choking and deceived the Cowboys management into thinking he was better than he was. He got grossly overpaid and the Cowboys and their true fans have paid for Jerry's ignorance in keeping him and Jason Garrett.
Now the jig is up.