Looking forward to the season

Buzzbait

Reaction score
...........As for stopping the run, well they have a lot to prove. Kneeland will be a help as he’s solid against the run but Hankins is gone and the only draftee was a 7th rounder in Rogers. Mazi’s still a question mark and hoping for the best there but again, it’s only May and I expect an upgrade with the DT’s before the season starts. Being able to stop the run game goes a long way in playoff games.

IF they can do those 2 things, then this team is more than capable of going far into the playoffs haters be damned!
Hope you're right about upgrading the DTs before the season starts. I think Rogers will be a good addition, but our DL needs all the help it can get.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Im looking forward to watching my favorite team because it’s what I like to do in my spare time. Simple as that.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wish I could share in the optimism, but the combination of the GB game and the lack of effort in FA still has me deflated.

If the Cowboys made noise in the playoffs this year it’s purely be DESPITE the front office.

GMO415

Reaction score
Didn't believe the TC hype. Fell for the 12-5 hype and then they rolled over for GB. Now, excitement starts after the 1st playoff win. After 53 years of this 30 year-crap I'm beyond it.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Lot’s of turmoil going on with the Cowboys right now with Dak’s and Cee Dee’s contract negotiations. The Jones keep daring Dak to prove his worth and Dak continually delivers coming in 2nd in NFL MVP voting with MM’s QB guruness. He’ll do the same this year and it will be interesting to see how the Jones screw that up.

But for this year, Dak’s here so the passing game will be as elite as it was last year and I predict better. That’s because of the road graders the Cowboys drafted along the offensive line. Tyler Smith, Guyton, Beebe and Thomas. With Martin on the right along with an excellent run blocker in Steele and the offensive running game should be decent. The RB room is not complete as of today as I fully expect a trade before the season starts for a more established RB. Being able to run the ball will go a long way in playoff games.

As for stopping the run, well they have a lot to prove. Kneeland will be a help as he’s solid against the run but Hankins is gone and the only draftee was a 7th rounder in Rogers. Mazi’s still a question mark and hoping for the best there but again, it’s only May and I expect an upgrade with the DT’s before the season starts. Being able to stop the run game goes a long way in playoff games.

IF they can do those 2 things, then this team is more than capable of going far into the playoffs haters be damned!
Thousand yard stare coming soon to a TV near you in the 2025 playoffs.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Lot’s of turmoil going on with the Cowboys right now with Dak’s and Cee Dee’s contract negotiations. The Jones keep daring Dak to prove his worth and Dak continually delivers coming in 2nd in NFL MVP voting with MM’s QB guruness. He’ll do the same this year and it will be interesting to see how the Jones screw that up.

But for this year, Dak’s here so the passing game will be as elite as it was last year and I predict better. That’s because of the road graders the Cowboys drafted along the offensive line. Tyler Smith, Guyton, Beebe and Thomas. With Martin on the right along with an excellent run blocker in Steele and the offensive running game should be decent. The RB room is not complete as of today as I fully expect a trade before the season starts for a more established RB. Being able to run the ball will go a long way in playoff games.

As for stopping the run, well they have a lot to prove. Kneeland will be a help as he’s solid against the run but Hankins is gone and the only draftee was a 7th rounder in Rogers. Mazi’s still a question mark and hoping for the best there but again, it’s only May and I expect an upgrade with the DT’s before the season starts. Being able to stop the run game goes a long way in playoff games.

You are a hale fellow, a prince of optimism and ... ahem, exuberant belief in your QB. Yes, noble Dak lover. Was it Dak, last seen slinging INTs against the Pack?

Also, starry eyed good chap, I want to buy into the bulldozer hype for a rebuilding year on the O line.
Our running game? As of now, it is carp. Or mediocre at best.
It really is dire.

But I trust the O strategy will be
Dak to Fergie.
Dak to Lamb.
Dak hands off to Zeke/Dowdle.
Dak to Fergie
Dak to Tolbert.
(CeeDee won't like it)
In tha order is our offencive game plan. If it works, we are in like Clint.
And then is the post season ... And Dak leads us to a wild card game...o_O

diamonddelts

Reaction score
You are a hale fellow, a prince of optimism and ... ahem, exuberant belief in your QB. Yes, noble Dak lover. Was it Dak, last seen slinging INTs against the Pack?

Also, starry eyed good chap, I want to buy into the bulldozer hype for a rebuilding year on the O line.
It really is dire.

Dak to Fergie.
Dak to Lamb.
Dak to Fergie
Dak to Tolbert.
(CeeDee won't like it)
"Starry eyed good chap."

That one killed me.:D
Literary gold.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It really is dire.

Dak to Fergie.
Dak to Lamb.
Dak to Fergie
Dak to Tolbert.
(CeeDee won't like it)
Another Dink and Dunk feast with the typical TE post pass to Fergie.
Most Boring offense no matter what the garbage stat tells you.
9 wins ONLY in 8 seasons when our rushing attack is under 100 yards.
So pray hard real hard that Zeke and his buds can run run and run some more!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I am not excited about this coming season. don't care one way or other. won't plan sundays around cowboys. don't care if I watch or not. I am still a fan, but a dejected fan. disappointed. I have no hope for this team after the GB game. I am sure somebody is going to make it about Dak (of course, why wouldn't they?). but the way the team played in that game was so disappointing. Coaches, all the players. every single one of them. the defense was crap. the coaching was awful. the game plan sucked. and players weren't inspired or motivated. they were planning victory parties.....they were more worried and thinking about a party than playoffs. where is the focus? where is the commitment. Dak, CD, Parsons, "we were tired" tired Lawrence, they all sucked.

so I am still a fan. but not going to give them time of the day for a while until somethings change. and no its not about Dak being gone. that's not change enough. this team has no culture, no focus, no dedication and it starts at the top.

Jarntt

Reaction score
and just like that a thread with the potential to be an exciting, get your blood flowing moment turns into a "we love Dak" vs "we hate Dak" thread with the second sentence. FFS let it go already. Do any of you actually think you are going to convince those on the other side or make a point that hasn't been made 1,000 times already? :facepalm: