Looks like a soft Taco with no flavor

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
As meaningless as the 1st game was....this 2nd game was also as meaningless. Though for those making snap judgments after game 1....have a bit of crow on their face after game 2. Hence your thread not aging well.

Its funny how that works......his first time ever playing means everything but the 2nd game means nothing.

TJ Watt had 2 meaningless sacks and people were already ready to say "I Told You So...".

Bizwah

Reaction score
As meaningless as the 1st game was....this 2nd game was also as meaningless. Though for those making snap judgments after game 1....have a bit of crow on their face after game 2. Hence your thread not aging well.
Smart post.

It's preseason. You cant get too excited either way.

It's encouraging to see the improvement from one game to the other. I hope that we see even more improvement in game three.

erod

Reaction score
The thread is aging fine because the guy continues to by a ball of meh in camp.

I'm not impressed by getting around an undrafted traffic cone. That OT won't be on any of the rosters we face this year.

We'll see in September. He'll play plenty with Irving, Moore, and Gregory out on suspension, and Crawford probably in a walking boot.

I'm afraid we drafted a project that might one day be as good as Benson Mayowa.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No one has tried to claim Taco has now developed into a top pass rusher. For goodness sake the guy showed some improvement in this past game and was more active within the snaps he played. Seems his critics damned him after week 1 and now belittling him after week 2 of the pre season. The kid is working hard to improve himself, he has much work ahead of him but seeing even modest improvement is a move in the right direction.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
No one has tried to claim Taco has now developed into a top pass rusher. For goodness sake the guy showed some improvement in this past game and was more active within the snaps he played. Seems his critics damned him after week 1 and now belittling him after week 2 of the pre season. The kid is working hard to improve himself, he has much work ahead of him but seeing even modest improvement is a move in the right direction.
Last week it was he sucked against backup OTs. This week though he only played good because it was a backup OT so it doesn't matter. He's basically announced to the board it wouldn't have mattered what he did the first game. He's made his mind up already and can't see the sun from the hole he dug. Only thing to do is keep digging I guess because he looks rather foolish in this thread.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Last week it was he sucked against backup OTs. This week though he only played good because it was a backup OT so it doesn't matter. He's basically announced to the board it wouldn't have mattered what he did the first game. He's made his mind up already and can't see the sun from the hole he dug. Only thing to do is keep digging I guess because he looks rather foolish in this thread.

True, for some what matters is their view of a player is correct. I can't say what Charlton will do as a pro, what I can do is show support as fan and give this kid time to learn and develop.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
26 pages about a guy who has played in 2 preseason games. :muttley:

This , I think I will wait till around December for some of the hardcore here to educate me and indulge in a more realistic debate due to having had proper look at taco after some NFC east / NFC AFC trench work.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Gosh I guess Myles Garrett is a complete dud, 1st pre season game and 1 tackle no sacks. After all he is the #1 overall pick. I wonder if Cleveland fans are acting like Cowboy fans?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And was a first-round pick selected before Watt and Foster.
What is your infatuation with rushing to judgement on Taco? Take a look at yourself.....you're judging him before the regular season has even started.

This is ridiculous.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Gosh I guess Myles Garrett is a complete dud, 1st pre season game and 1 tackle no sacks. After all he is the #1 overall pick. I wonder if Cleveland fans are acting like Cowboy fans?

Some of them probably are.

Getting upset about your number one pick not producing is all relative.

The idea we are just one pass rusher away per some makes the pressure on Charlton bigger than it should be.

We need a savior and he probably will never be it. It is what it is.

He made a play the other night.

Just keep stacking big plays on top of the other. Keep trying to get better every day. Surely that will work out for him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Some of them probably are.

Getting upset about your number one pick not producing is all relative.

The idea we are just one pass rusher away per some makes the pressure on Charlton bigger than it should be.

We need a savior and he probably will never be it. It is what it is.

He made a play the other night.

Just keep stacking big plays on top of the other. Keep trying to get better every day. Surely that will work out for him.

Granted I don't know if he is a so called savior or not, I do believe he has the potential to be a very good player on this team. I think some may be trying to compare him to outside speed rusher and he is not at 6'06' 277 he is more of a conventional 4-3 DE. I do see him in the same light as Zierlein and I think if Rod and the coaching staff can light a fire under him he has the ability. Just my view

Bottom Line
"Inconsistent" has been the buzzword that has followed Charlton since coming to Michigan, but he began the process of shaking it during his senior season. Charlton is an ascending prospect with the size, length, athleticism and pass-rushing potential that NFL general managers dream of. What you see today might not be what you get. While his production coming out of college will be modest, he could become a substantially better player as a pro if he's committed to the weight room and willing to absorb coaching. High-impact defensive end with all-pro potential is his ceiling. His floor is solid starter.
Lance Zierlein