Looks like another year of cheap/injured/washed up Free Agents for us

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Yep, Bingo!!!

CZ board consensus is 2 good defense players minus the warts Stephen loves, and they won't even do that which should be bare minimum.
:facepalm:
Yep, Bingo!!!

CZ board consensus is 2 good defense players minus the warts Stephen loves, and they won't even do that which should be bare minimum.
:facepalm:
They’ll wait till tier 3 and “ fill all the holes”. Then everyone here will say were “ stacked” after the draft. Use the money sign 2 solid starters on defense for Gods sake. Instead we’ll have 8 million in dead money from all the garbage that didn’t work out in 2021.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I don't think we are asking to go all out on free agency.. just get one or two impact players who will make a difference, and not five or six jags who will either get reinjured, cut or beat out by our own crap we got on the roster. Not asking for too much here. But i doubt it will happen anyway.

I say only cheap free agents to fill a need

Not only the comp picks, and the high draft order, but

The cowboys get Tyron, Collins, Dak, Jarwin, Hill, Martin, and all the multiple game injuries back.

What goes out on the field this year, will be far improved over what we had last year.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
no one is saying to go all out. But have you seen the glaring holes at DT, CB, Safety ? There’s some really good players available at those positions. Plenty of money to sign at least a couple impact starters.

if they are cheap. They can draft those positions

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Okay? And you expect them to come in and start right away? Outside of Diggs Have you seen the DL and DB’s we’ve drafted lately?

Galimore did good for a first year and will have a role
Hopefully Hill is healthy and can improve

Cheeto and Brown can play

If they draft a DB or 2, I expect them to be able to come in and play the role they need them to.

With all the picks this year, hopefully they have 2-3 starter quality and some roleplayers

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
no one is saying to go all out. But have you seen the glaring holes at DT, CB, Safety ? There’s some really good players available at those positions. Plenty of money to sign at least a couple impact starters.

Ok, they need about 6-7 million for the draft class, sign a few of their, say 3-4 million and then have to leave about 3-4 million available during the season, that’s about 12-15 million. That leaves about say 6 million. Who are the 2-3 players your proposing and what do you think they’ll sign for?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The FO has its own way of approaching FA. It's not going to change. They build the team from the draft and in FA they try to keep their own guys.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Galimore did good for a first year and will have a role
Hopefully Hill is healthy and can improve

Cheeto and Brown can play

If they draft a DB or 2, I expect them to be able to come in and play the role they need them to.

With all the picks this year, hopefully they have 2-3 starter quality and some roleplayers
You want another 25 years of fantasizing go ahead.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Ok, they need about 6-7 million for the draft class, sign a few of their, say 3-4 million and then have to leave about 3-4 million available during the season, that’s about 12-15 million. That leaves about say 6 million. Who are the 2-3 players your proposing and what do you think they’ll sign for?
Stop being ridiculous teams with far less cap are making legitimate moves. Who brain washed you? You could easily make that Tomlinson deal. He got a 15 million signing bonus and will count very little against the cap this year. Unbelievable how little some fans really know.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Stop being ridiculous teams with far less cap are making legitimate moves. Who brain washed you? You could easily make that Tomlinson deal. He got a 15 million signing bonus and will count very little against the cap this year. Unbelievable how little some fans really know.

How about naming the players you want, showing how they will take this defense to the next level, and how the cowboys can afford them.

Rather than saying, the cowboys didnt sign "blank", so they are making bad decisions

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
I’m being realistic. But, I’m waiting on your response on the specifics that the Boys should make in FA?

coult44

Reaction score
Every year fans expect the Cowboys to go out there with limited cap space and sign every marquee player available. It's not happening. Like it or not, they already secured what would have been the most sought after free agent in the league- Dak Prescott.

Signing other teams' leftovers isn't this team's approach; and hasn't been for quite some time. We can argue about how effective this plan is, but it is what it is.

Two of your points are complete hogwash. First, nobody expects to sign “every marquee player”. Just one or two mid level players would satisfy most fans here. Second, if you think that FA players, especially this year, are other teams “leftovers “, you should go argue with bots or 14 year olds on Twitter. Most people here are tired of being losers for 26 years in a row. Complete bottom 5 losers!!! A change of “process” is what we are looking for. Do we expect it? Absolutely not, but just a glimmer of hope would be nice!!!

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Maye 3 years 25 mil, Hayward 2 years 18 mil. That’s what I think fair market is. We’ll see when they get signed.

I guess I disagree. I don't see them spending that money and it being worth what they get. They can draft some young guys for cheap, and not be far off, and maybe improve