Game Day Los Angeles Chargers at Dallas Cowboys | 2nd Half Thread *** No Dak posts! ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I’m probably wrong, but I think the Cowboys are giving Lance all these preseason snaps because they are praying someone will offer them a draft pick for him. It would be almost unfair to have the snaps be this lopsided and let him win the #2 without Rush even getting any real preseason time. If some team sees a few positive moments from a young QB, Dallas may get a 5 or 6 at some point this year.
Rush is a veteran back-up. He doesn't really need the work, because he will be on the active roster. he will get plenty of snaps in practice.

It's possible they are looking to feature Lance in the hopes of selling him as a trade, but I think they are still wanting to see what he has after more experience.

There's the possibility of trading Rush right now for a decent pick if they think Lance has more upside despite his lack of experience.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You had a chance to stand behind a toothpick or Aubrey in a windstorm, go with a toothpick
He's warming up in front of me lol

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm already annoyed with that NFL+ commercial with that Joe Burrow slobber fest .........then again, it's better than a Mahomes or Allen slobber fest.

rags747

Reaction score
Interesting that we get to see Similar Fehoko who we drafted out of Stamford in rnd 5 burn us for a nice long one! We are always slooooow to play new talent!

SackMaster

Reaction score
Trey Lance 1st Half stats:
14-20 for 131 yards with 1 TD and 1 Int. Plus 6 runs for 21 yards.

I hope he can break the 250 passing yards game in this game since he is playing the whole game and over half way there.

Surprisingly, Trey Lance has only thrown over 200 yards in the NFL game once in his entire career, and that includes all his preseason games. That was 249 against the Texans in 2021 Week 17 Regular Season game.

So if he gets to 250, we will be witnessing history for him in the NFL.

Come on guy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree, but sadly
Thats not enough for this team
We need outstanding QB play. Although we’re playing with a bunch of backups our defense could be a problem. We’ve only had two sacks in preseason. We’ve gotten very little pressure on the QB and now we’re giving up big plays. You would think the scheme would create some pressure.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Buddy Johnson and Harvey just keep being steady. That has value.

J_Allen

Reaction score
He was done 4 years ago....but since Zimmer keeps digging up fossils.....might as well bring back Adrian Peterson too.....Randy Moss...Jared Allen
I'd like to see us give Brandon Carr another chance. He was awesome. Lockdown cornerback if I've ever seen one.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If you’re getting the Chargers broadcast, Noah Eagles hairline is hilarious! A wall of hair.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The internal struggle for Sauce not to say something bad about Jones lol

Status
Not open for further replies.