Losing interest in the Cowboys and the NFL

kskboys

Reaction score
The NFL draft and opening day is what keeps me going with this team.

Overall the entire thing is stale and boring.

The Cowboys are not entertaining.. They aren't good at football.. When they are good it's a 50/50 brand of football and nothing exciting.

This fan base desperately needs hope. We need some juice. Something electric to get us excited for the season.

Going into 2021 I have no enthusiasm or hope if our strategy is to get healthy and try again with a rookie corner or linebacker on the roster as our big offseason addition.
I have this most desperate hope in McC. I'm simply hoping he gets it, and starts paying a ton more attention to S and DT. From what we've seen so far, I think he will. I know they didn't work out, but at least he brought in DT's that weren't slashers and true S's.

lukin2006

Reaction score
@lukin2006 I noticed you lost interest in the Yahoo! Fantasy ZONERS League, so you took yourself out? Sheesh. Losing interest rapidly?

Will you stick around here, at least, or are you planning on taking a vacation? o_O

I will stick around here...that’s a given. Just tired of investing time watching a team that shows no real interest in winning. I now know how lions and brown fans feel...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My interest in the sport began to decline when it stopped being a team sport. The celebrating just doing their job has gotten so bad that Nantz pointed out how GB celebrates their TD's, as a team, at least on offense. The NFL is becoming the WWE.

This entire "look at me" BS from these players causes me to either tune out or turn it off. And this latest showoff crap when Hill stops and does a back flip into the end zone is a total lack of respect for the sport but I would expect that of that human trash. I hope he gets carried off on a stretcher the next time he pulls that stunt. The tool can't even complete the flip and yesterday they threw the flag and picked it up.

Redline360

Reaction score
Kinda in the same boat. I'm all for player safety however this whole you cannot even accidentally touch the quarterbacks helmet bs is sickening. Even some of those roughing the passer(if you want to even call them that) penalties are a joke. I've seen bigger hits in competitive soccer leagues.

Ticky tacky calls all over the place then they can go ahead and miss massive holding penalties or even plain as day facemasks penalties.

Ticky tacky calls on pass interference. Let them battle ffs but only call on obvious holding penalties.

Don't forget those certain quarterbacks that get protected to the max.

Safety first but you sometimes wonder if its flag football on some penalties

Player attitudes and etc.

Still going to watch though but not as much

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I love the game too much to completely tune all football out. I actually enjoyed watching the Browns and Giants games yesterday. Never thought I'd ever type that.

But the Cowboys are just bad football that's not entertaining. What sucks the most is that we are likely in the same situation next year, due to the mulligan Jerry will give McCarthy for how crazy this season has been.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
ooooohhhhhh, well said.

That is exactly what was in the back of my mind, but I couldn't put it into words. Football was my escape, and now they think it's a good idea to talk about issues relentlessly. I hate it.

I hope no one takes that the wrong way. It took me a couple minutes to put it into words with as little ties to outside football stuff. Sports in general really started declining for me when my daughter was old enough to say "Tangled daddy let's watch flynn rider." Daddy responsibilities always Trump sport's.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
The Browns reminded me of what a certain Texas team could have looked like this year......teams plans may have to change and not focus on just stopping the run. Guess after years of futility, their loyal fans have reason to be excited

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
The Browns reminded me of what a certain Texas team could have looked like this year......teams plans may have to change and not focus on just stopping the run. Guess after years of futility, their loyal fans have reason to be excited

I've always like the Browns. I guess for the same reason I started liking the Cowboys mostly, I hate the Steelers.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I will stick around here...that’s a given. Just tired of investing time watching a team that shows no real interest in winning. I now know how lions and brown fans feel...
Glad to hear you will be sticking around here. Keep your chin up bro. If Dak rehabs well and our Oline and Defense get improved and healthy during the offseason, next year looks to be very promising.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've always like the Browns. I guess for the same reason I started liking the Cowboys mostly, I hate the Steelers.
I started out hating the Browns because they were the Cowboys killer in the 60's. Now, I feel for the Browns and Lions fans and am beginning to feel for the Cowboys fans.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually they're interesting fans. When the economy was last on the ropes in MI, Stafford did an interview about what the fans mean to the team. He remarked about the expense of bringing kids to the games and the people making that commitment to them was not lost on them and that was worth their best effort.

The Lions fans have taken it on the chin and only really reacted when Millen was their GM and making dumb decisions and they got him fired and then came back to being all about the Lions.

Browns fans that I know are fiercely loyal which made what Modell did even worse, they didn't deserve that and he went for the money at their expense. And their usual BS about uncooperative city managers, mayors and city councils with getting new venues is nothing more than greed in disguise.

Ya know what's interesting with the Browns and Lions fans with so many years of futility, they don't keep count of them like the Cowboys fans do. They'd take 25 years in a New York minute.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
My interest in the NFL has been waning for a few years now and is at an all time low. Being a sentimental old fool, I think the life long attachment and the tradition it represents is about the only thing keeping me hanging on.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There were some very good football games this weekend. Wasting my time watching Cowboys games this season has made me forget what solid professional football looks like. I'm not losing interest in the NFL but I am losing patience for when the Cowboys will have a solid SB contending team.