Losing interest in the Cowboys and the NFL

stiletto

Reaction score
There will always be die hard Cowboys fans. Look how many IDIOTS went to the stadium to watch this season in the middle of a pandemic. This team was totally not worth wasting the money on or this year possibly risking your health. It's insane. I think a lot of people are down on football but it is better than nothing I guess? I'm very thankful for Youtube, Amazon, and Netflix to get me through.

I too have to admit, I haven't watched many games this year of the NFL outside of the lousy Cowboys games. Not sure why, maybe it is stale like others have said?...Not just the Cowboys, the whole sport. If you think about it, there's not much to like. A zillion commercials, idiot announcers, play reviews, all the rules, penalties for glancing a QB's face mask. It really is kind of watered down and lame for the most part. In 10 years it might just be flag football.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I haven't watched one NFL play live the whole year. I watch tapes of the Cowboy games for free online. Don't miss it at all.
The NFL thinks fans will return to the stands in 2021. I think they are in for a surprise.
Why pay a couple hundred dollars for something one can watch for free at home? Maybe people like flushing money down the toilet.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
My interest in the sport began to decline when it stopped being a team sport. The celebrating just doing their job has gotten so bad that Nantz pointed out how GB celebrates their TD's, as a team, at least on offense. The NFL is becoming the WWE.

This entire "look at me" BS from these players causes me to either tune out or turn it off. And this latest showoff crap when Hill stops and does a back flip into the end zone is a total lack of respect for the sport but I would expect that of that human trash. I hope he gets carried off on a stretcher the next time he pulls that stunt. The tool can't even complete the flip and yesterday they threw the flag and picked it up.

Lmao. They play a game. It is a form of entertainment. Always has been and always will. People like you who put sports on some pedestal are the absolute worst. Heaven forbid they have fun playing the games you watch for entertainment. Jim Nantz is terrible as well. He insists upon himself and follows golf and wants football to be like that terrible sport. Follow golf if you want no personality.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m enjoying watching football in general.

cowboys games right now are just meh. I will watch them if they’re on. But I just don’t get pumped up or excited like I usually do.

not until next season again

same here...no more Plats until next year maybe?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
same here...no more Plats until next year maybe?
Always throw out the plats homie. I love it. You're one of the good guys.
You're like a sympathetic superhero that tends to lose, but we want you to win.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The NFL draft and opening day is what keeps me going with this team.

Overall the entire thing is stale and boring.

The Cowboys are not entertaining.. They aren't good at football.. When they are good it's a 50/50 brand of football and nothing exciting.

This fan base desperately needs hope. We need some juice. Something electric to get us excited for the season.

Going into 2021 I have no enthusiasm or hope if our strategy is to get healthy and try again with a rookie corner or linebacker on the roster as our big offseason addition.
You're very right, but the mistakes of contracts given out to underperforming players prohibit any progress until after 2021.

With a cap, you just cant be wrong that many times and not feel it.

I'd say look at 2022 at best because they cant fix this in one off season, especially when the philosophy is to fully ignore second contract types.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My focus has mostly turned to the draft.

If you still want to watch, find a likeable team to root for this year. I know Dallas is done for, so I'd like to see the Bills win it all.

Dallas is my team...for 50+ years. Through good and bad. My enthusiasm might be a bit low...but I don't just jump ship in tough times. And there's been plenty.

"likeable". An interesting choice of words. I wish more "fans" would follow your advice...and leave the rest of us to cheer on and be fans of the team.

Motorola

Reaction score
The NFL and its biggest TV revenue income CANNOT AFFORD A BAD COWBOY TEAM.
Expect fireworks at the upcoming draft cause after all the NFL is an entertainment league.
Come on, PAPPYDOG -stop with the falsehood.
Very good, mediocre, BAD - PUTRID - SORRY - TERRIBLE--- doesn't matter.
Cowboys games on Primetime TV always draws great ratings because
1) Dallas has a loyal \ longtime \ large \ legacy fanbase that perserveres through generations -- despite the lack of postseason success for quite sometime now.
2) The rest of the NFL fans tune in to see their \ other teams beat the Cowboys.

In the 21st century - 20 seasons - 2000-2019:
Great team 13-3 ...2x
Very good 12-4 ....1x; 11-5...1x
Good 10-6...2x
Mediocre 9-7.....5x
Average 8-8....4x
Sorry 6-10.....2x
Terrible 5-11....3x
Putrid 4-12....1x
In summary - over the last two decades, the Dallas Cowboys have had a good record or better only 30% of the seasons, mediocre & average almost 50% of the years, and 25% bad or worse.
But the franchise perennially gets half its games or more in the Primetime slots on the four major networks.

Last edited:

Corso

Reaction score
1) Dallas has a loyal \ longtime \ large \ legacy fanbase that perserveres through generations -- despite the lack of postseason success for quite sometime now.
2) The rest of the NFL fans tune in to see their \ other teams beat the Cowboys.

Great team 13-3 ...2x
Good 10-6...1x
Mediocre 9-7.....5x
Average 8-8....4x
Sorry 6-10.....1x
Terrible 5-11....3x
Putrid 4-12....1x
Paps plays in his own Universe. We know this.

Corso

Reaction score
I'm with you bro, the NFL has been a huge turnoff to me. Hell, I quite watching the NBA all together. Never again with them and the NFL isn't far behind them.
Rugby has been awesome...
Just saying.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I been a huge Dallas Cowboy NFL fan for many decades. But I can't now wait for the NBA to start!!! And I'd of never said this in the past. Even when the Lakers were rocking with Kobe and Shack. But I looked at all the NFC East teams play Sunday and whether they won or lost they at least looked like they belonged in the NFL. My team the Dallas Cowboys usually looks like a AA college football team if I'm lucky that Sunday or when ever watching. Dallas used to be a PROUD organization. An organization other teams wanted to be like. Now under Jerry Jones we're just the JOKE of the week. Nearly every other week. Jones has destroyed a great. Well respected and once feared organization. Sad part is he's making a killing while he does it:facepalm: I just don't understand why Cowboy Nation continue to support this CLOWN! I'll always support the team. Even though I know we're screwed for decades to come....But spending money any more on them? Don't think so........

RandyOh

Reaction score
I have had the same feelings as of late. Could be due to the kind of year 2020 has been or could be due how every year the rules on the field get more and more strict and the big time plays that used to make us go wild usually end up ruined by those damn little yellow flags that go sailing out the back pockets of the refs. Its not just football though. I have lost alot of interest in the NBA as well. Growing up I had my favorite team, but i also kept up with all the other big name stars like T mac and his cousin Vince Carter, Shaq, Nash and Amare, Dirk, Iverson, Kobe, Duncan. Now I try to watch the NBA and I'm just so bored. basically a 3 point shooting contest at this point.

I do however still very much look forward to the NFL draft. Those 3 days where you fill your fridge with beer, pantry with snacks, and door dash ready to order on your phone while you nerd out on football and whos taking what player. Even down to the end of the 7th round it is till exciting. This might be what always keeps me interested in football and the NFL.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I’m so done with the cowboys and this league. To make my mark I only post half the posts I type out and only buy my official gear on sale! Take that Jerry!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I never thought I'd say it, but for the first time in my life I'm losing interest in the NFL. My lack of interest goes more toward the entitlement of players, the extreme need of players to spew their beliefs, and the sloppiness of the games.

The propagandizing was a real lost opportunity. With all the societal division, and people stuck at home, having an oasis away from it could have been a big sell.

Officiating was a big problem the previous two years for me. Maybe it's just as bad this year, but I don't care about the games enough to be annoyed at bad officiating.

Having Goodell slow walk Gregory's reinstatement is another.

It's the institutional problems that get me.

Motorola

Reaction score

Great team 13-3 ...2x
Good 10-6...2x
Mediocre 9-7.....5x
Average 8-8....4x
Sorry 6-10.....2x
Terrible 5-11....3x
Putrid 4-12....1x
In summary - over the last two decades, the Dallas Cowboys have had a good record or better only 30% of the seasons, mediocre & average almost 50% of the years, and 25% bad or worse.
But the franchise perennially gets half its games or more in the Primetime slots on the four major networks.
EDIT - mediocre = 9-7....4x