Losing interest in the Cowboys and the NFL

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I have this most desperate hope in McC. I'm simply hoping he gets it, and starts paying a ton more attention to S and DT. From what we've seen so far, I think he will. I know they didn't work out, but at least he brought in DT's that weren't slashers and true S's.
They likely weren't his specific picks. The front office finds players that fit the coaches and this wasn't the best season for that concept to work out.

HungryLion

Reaction score
100% this. I'm a fan of football as a sport. I'll get just as excited for Browns vs Titans as I will any cowboys game.

If your enjoyment of the sport is on based on Jerrys country club then that's unfortunate because theres tons of other exciting action out there.

Agreed. There have been a lot of good games on. I’m looking forward to the double header tonight as well.

the cowboys I still watch and I want to see our young players continue to develop. I just honestly don’t care if they win or lose because I know the season is toast at this point.

I’m sure opening day next year I’ll be pacing and heart will be beating loudly when the cowboys kick off a new season again.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Same here. I couldn’t care less if another single game was played the rest of the season.

HungryLion

Reaction score
If Dallas sucks by this time then I’m just ready for the season to be over.

I’m not as tuned in as I usually would be without the cowboys being competitive. That’s for sure.

but I think also being stuck at home mostly. I don’t have much else to do on Sundays right now. Other than watch Christmas movies. Lol

HungryLion

Reaction score
My interest in the NFL has been waning for a few years now and is at an all time low. Being a sentimental old fool, I think the life long attachment and the tradition it represents is about the only thing keeping me hanging on.

I think the tradition aspect is a good point to make.

a lot of watching football is ritualistic and from a family and friends perspective. Getting together to watch the games is just like part of what you do on Sundays in the fall/winter.

considering it’s cold and generally poor weather out in the northeast now. There isn’t much else to do on a Sunday afternoon at this point.

if it was nice like spring or summer I may be outside just doing other stuff.

cern

Reaction score
my ardor for the nfl only increases as i watch it struggle in these times of adversity. the show will return. greater than ever.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Come over to the dark side ... embrace the tank! You will then have great interest in watching the Jets ... the Jaguars ... the Bengals ... the Chargers... and the entire NFC East. You'll want to watch horrible teams get blown out for the slim hope that they somehow pull out a win to give the Cowboys a slight chance at a better draft pic.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I've streamed Cowboys games this year but always had the local game on TV and watched that primarily. No sense watching the 'boys get beat like a rented mule.

Mannix

Reaction score
----The NFL and its biggest TV revenue income cannot afford a bad Cowboy team.

Then why do we continually have to pray that we don't get flagged after EVERY big play we make...we sure don't get treated like GB and Pittsburgh who are 100% league protected EVERY game....even on the road.

Praxit

Reaction score
... I hear ya, buddy. I cant remember a season where I lost this much interest.

I was on a football chat channel yesterday, watching a little of NYG/SEA game on stream. I decided to comment on how well Giants D was doing. My comment shows up with Dallas helmet to the side. Most people were laughing, saying they have not seen a Dallas fan on there in quite some time. Asking me how do we do it? ..lol.. How do we keep up year after year?

I just told them, its a proud heartfelt feeling remembering the days of Dorsett, R.White, Aikman, Emmit...etc That keeps me chugging along as a fan. Surprisingly, they got it. ..;)

Last edited:

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the cowboys look to me like they are on a run like the raiders were under al davis jerry has ruined the dallas cowboys no telling how many years it will be before they are competitve again they are like the jets lions jags they are a a bottom of barrel team