Losing interest in the Cowboys and the NFL

lukin2006

Reaction score
This past Sunday I watched the last 2 minutes of the lions game and maybe 6 minutes of the Philly game. This is what happens when the ownership runs the franchise into the ground not mention the dummies running this league..

Last edited by a moderator:

Tussinman

Reaction score
I’m enjoying watching football in general.

cowboys games right now are just meh. I will watch them if they’re on. But I just don’t get pumped up or excited like I usually do.

not until next season again
100% this. I'm a fan of football as a sport. I'll get just as excited for Browns vs Titans as I will any cowboys game.

If your enjoyment of the sport is on based on Jerrys country club then that's unfortunate because theres tons of other exciting action out there.

kskboys

Reaction score
You aren't alone. Many others, including myself, are losing interest as well.
I never thought I'd say it, but for the first time in my life I'm losing interest in the NFL. My lack of interest goes more toward the entitlement of players, the extreme need of players to spew their beliefs, and the sloppiness of the games.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There were no real exciting matchups yesterday from my opinion. Other than watching if NY and Philly would lose or not.
I had the games on all day, but did other things here and there as well.

I will still watch all the games I can, especially Dallas games. Once playoffs start though, I will watch, but how much attention depends on what team I do not like to see them eliminated. :laugh:

1st teams out, GB & Pittsburgh. Giants or Commanders, or Eagles if by some miracle they win the division.

Dreski

Reaction score
I’m enjoying watching football in general.

cowboys games right now are just meh. I will watch them if they’re on. But I just don’t get pumped up or excited like I usually do.

not until next season again
I agree, there have been some good football games played, just not from the cowboys. Having lived in Cleveland for a few years, I root for the Browns to do well. I’m so happy for my Ohio friends!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
RedZone and fantasy football are why I watched yesterday. If I was stuck with an individual game - and the two hours of commercials - I'd have looked for something else.

I was also watching Liverpool smash Wolverhampton 4-0. Football without commercials - how do they do it? :rolleyes:

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
My focus has mostly turned to the draft.

If you still want to watch, find a likeable team to root for this year. I know Dallas is done for, so I'd like to see the Bills win it all.

Adreme

Reaction score
I agree, there have been some good football games played, just not from the cowboys. Having lived in Cleveland for a few years, I root for the Browns to do well. I’m so happy for my Ohio friends!

Rooting for the Browns and the Cowboys.... are you some kind of masochist?

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
At least part of it for me is the wokeness. I get it there is a lot of bad in the world but can we just play football. I see the bad everywhere I look and football was always my escape from it. Now it's always in your face and the NFL Facebook is about the worst.

kskboys

Reaction score
At least part of it for me is the wokeness. I get it there is a lot of bad in the world but can we just play football. I see the bad everywhere I look and football was always my escape from it. Now it's always in your face and the NFL Facebook is about the worst.
ooooohhhhhh, well said.

That is exactly what was in the back of my mind, but I couldn't put it into words. Football was my escape, and now they think it's a good idea to talk about issues relentlessly. I hate it.