Losing to Giants is good for cowboys long term

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I want us to lose to the Giants thursday night. sorry, go ahead. hate on me.

its painfully obvious this team lacks on the defensive side of the ball and RB. specially at DT and with Lawrence on his last legs, at DE. people are enamoured with LBs, but I see a bunch of average players. young, but average. they are better than last year and people are just excited about that. we don't suck....that's how low we have sunk...they are not a strength. the safties suck too. they are average. we are deep, but they are all the same. nothing to write home about. I am not even going to dig into the RB situation where we have an UDFA who has been struggling to get on the roster for 3 years and Zeke who should have retired. now Cook, who nobody else wanted.

I get it, the OL has two young pieces that need to learn, but its time for zack to move on and perhaps Bass can fill in. Steele is done. he got paid and he sucks. he can't move laterally, a prerequisite for a tackle. he has been getting abused for two year in a row now.

so why losing to the giants is a good thing? this roster is not superbowl ready. not ready to compete. not even close. it lacks talent (stating the obvious). we know Joneses won't spend in FA. there is money that could be made available and no, it has nothing to do with Dak or CD, although I am 1000% sure some will make it about Dak. just because.

so winning against Giants and Commanders and the other bottom of the league type teams will put us in the 15-20 range in the draft...but I rather have a top 10 pick.

so Lose to the giants, and here come the steelers, with their tough defense, followed by Lions, Niners....they will eat our lunch if the run defense continues as is. we may battle the falcons, but then philly, texans and now looks like commanders are no easy outs....

and if we end up 1-5, 1-6 or 2-7, this team will implode. MM will be let go (since it doesn't matter, its the last year of his contract and he is owed the money, and jerrry would have to make a move). zimmer becomes the interim coach.....probably Bilocheck the next head coach as Jerry has to, just has to make a move like that.

so losing to the Giants may not be so bad. lets lose a few.... let this thing fall apart. ....lets get a top 10 pick. lets get a legit DT, given Jonses won't spend in FA, draft is the only path to add talent and you have to be at the top to get the type of talent we need.

I am sure, some (the usual crowd) will make this about Dak as you can't throw a stone around here without it becoming a Dak topic!!!

JonesBoys

Reaction score

its painfully obvious this team lacks on the defensive side of the ball and RB. specially at DT and with Lawrence on his last legs, at DE. people are enamoured with LBs, but I see a bunch of average players. young, but average. they are better than last year and people are just excited about that. we don't suck....that's how low we have sunk...they are not a strength. the safties suck too. they are average. we are deep, but they are all the same. nothing to write home about. I am not even going to dig into the RB situation where we have an UDFA who has been struggling to get on the roster for 3 years and Zeke who should have retired. now Cook, who nobody else wanted.

I get it, the OL has two young pieces that need to learn, but its time for zack to move on and perhaps Bass can fill in. Steele is done. he got paid and he sucks. he can't move laterally, a prerequisite for a tackle. he has been getting abused for two year in a row now.

so why losing to the giants is a good thing? this roster is not superbowl ready. not ready to compete. not even close. it lacks talent (stating the obvious). we know Joneses won't spend in FA. there is money that could be made available and no, it has nothing to do with Dak or CD, although I am 1000% sure some will make it about Dak. just because.

so winning against Giants and Commanders and the other bottom of the league type teams will put us in the 15-20 range in the draft...but I rather have a top 10 pick.

so Lose to the giants, and here come the steelers, with their tough defense, followed by Lions, Niners....they will eat our lunch if the run defense continues as is. we may battle the falcons, but then philly, texans and now looks like commanders are no easy outs....

and if we end up 1-5, 1-6 or 2-7, this team will implode. MM will be let go (since it doesn't matter, its the last year of his contract and he is owed the money, and jerrry would have to make a move). zimmer becomes the interim coach.....probably Bilocheck the next head coach as Jerry has to, just has to make a move like that.

so losing to the Giants may not be so bad. lets lose a few.... let this thing fall apart. ....lets get a top 10 pick. lets get a legit DT, given Jonses won't spend in FA, draft is the only path to add talent and you have to be at the top to get the type of talent we need.

I am sure, some (the usual crowd) will make this about Dak as you can't throw a stone around here without it becoming a Dak topic!!!
I would normally agree with you but since Jerry Jones is running the team it won't matter if they lose. He will probably screw everything up with the coaching hire anyway. Might as well root for the guys on the field to man up and start playing football. Can they just the f-up put their heads down with an owner like Jerrah? Probably not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Why do yall think losing brings change? What am I missing?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I agree on one thing, the only thing that makes Jerry do something is being publicly humiliated. Losing ugly certainly will do that. His ego cannot accept humiliation or criticism on a national level.

The billion dollar question is who would he hire and how much control would he be desperate enough to relinquish. And yes Dak is brought up because his $240m contract overshadows all these other minuscule contracts.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Why would we expect anything different? Even if Jerry has to retire due to age and hands the reigns to Steven? It's like an incompetent leader stepping down and his incompetent 2nd in command takes over. Same policies, same problems.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I agree on one thing, the only thing that makes Jerry do something is being publicly humiliated. Losing ugly certainly will do that. His ego cannot accept humiliation or criticism on a national level.

The billion dollar question is who would he hire and how much control would he be desperate enough to relinquish. And yes Dak is brought up because his $240m contract overshadows all these other minuscule contracts.
what did getting bent over by the Packers do?

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't know if losing to the Giants will make a difference. But losing to the Giants and Commanders, and coming in last place in the division might make a difference.

I believe the plan is already set in stone. The Cowboys roster was tanked deliberately so Jerry could have an excuse to fire McCarthy. Jerry wants to hire Bill Belichick in the worst way. But first, he needs to get rid of MM.

Next year we will have an entirely new coaching staff, some new draft picks, we'll lose some free agents, and Jerry will not sign any top tier free agents. He will hand over the team to Belichick and tell us Bill will work a miracle with another lousy roster.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why do yall think losing brings change? What am I missing?
its the only hope. hit rock bottom. we did when Jerry was running everything and had campo. we hit rock bottom and he hired parcells and allowed him for at least a couple of years to make changes and teach jerry.

so hoping, hitting rock bottom after Jerry declared "We are all in"....and knowing there is noise out there criticizing jerry, even in the media, even former players like Irvin, he will step back for a short term...

I hope.

but to go 7-10 or 8-9 or 9-8, will only continue as is, because he will think small tinker and we are back again

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

he would need a big name, and that big name is bilicheck.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't know if losing to the Giants will make a difference. But losing to the Giants and Commanders, and coming in last place in the division might make a difference.

I believe the plan is already set in stone. The Cowboys roster was tanked deliberately so Jerry could have an excuse to fire McCarthy. Jerry wants to hire Bill Belichick in the worst way. But first, he needs to get rid of MM.

Next year we will have an entirely new coaching staff, some new draft picks, we'll lose some free agents, and Jerry will not sign any top tier free agents. He will hand over the team to Belichick and tell us Bill will work a miracle with another lousy roster.
fire maccarthy? MM is in the last year of his contract..... there is no firing...just like he didn't fire garrett....he let the contract run out.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
its the only hope. hit rock bottom. we did when Jerry was running everything and had campo. we hit rock bottom and he hired parcells and allowed him for at least a couple of years to make changes and teach jerry.

so hoping, hitting rock bottom after Jerry declared "We are all in"....and knowing there is noise out there criticizing jerry, even in the media, even former players like Irvin, he will step back for a short term...

I hope.

but to go 7-10 or 8-9 or 9-8, will only continue as is, because he will think small tinker and we are back again
They went 4-12 and nothing changed. They could go winless and nothing will change. I truly believe that. There’s no incentive to change. They are making money and your owner is the GM. Why change? He has a jacket in the Hall of Fame. He has rings. Why change?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I never bought into "good" loses...but, I get your post and respect your opinion......HATER!! lol