Losing to Giants is good for cowboys long term

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Why do yall think losing brings change? What am I missing?
LOL, Well, winning 12-5 sure didn't bring any change. Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying losing will change anything either. Jerry is just Jerry, and he's gonna do what he always does, win lose or draw.
I understand the thought that losing will force Jerry to change something, but being forced to change doesn't mean Jerry will respond by doing the RIGHT thing. I think Jerry is just in a wrong thing rut and if he changes, he'll change from doing one wrong thing to doing another wrong thing. LOL
Like I said, Jerry is just Jerry.

Blackrain

Reaction score
It would be nice just to see us play some good football.
Some good fundamentally sound football we have enough talent on the team to get past the Giants.

Just give us a nice game to watch and win the games you're supposed to win this is one of them

UncleRico

Reaction score
I want us to lose to the Giants thursday night. sorry, go ahead. hate on me.

its painfully obvious this team lacks on the defensive side of the ball and RB. specially at DT and with Lawrence on his last legs, at DE. people are enamoured with LBs, but I see a bunch of average players. young, but average. they are better than last year and people are just excited about that. we don't suck....that's how low we have sunk...they are not a strength. the safties suck too. they are average. we are deep, but they are all the same. nothing to write home about. I am not even going to dig into the RB situation where we have an UDFA who has been struggling to get on the roster for 3 years and Zeke who should have retired. now Cook, who nobody else wanted.

I get it, the OL has two young pieces that need to learn, but its time for zack to move on and perhaps Bass can fill in. Steele is done. he got paid and he sucks. he can't move laterally, a prerequisite for a tackle. he has been getting abused for two year in a row now.

so why losing to the giants is a good thing? this roster is not superbowl ready. not ready to compete. not even close. it lacks talent (stating the obvious). we know Joneses won't spend in FA. there is money that could be made available and no, it has nothing to do with Dak or CD, although I am 1000% sure some will make it about Dak. just because.

so winning against Giants and Commanders and the other bottom of the league type teams will put us in the 15-20 range in the draft...but I rather have a top 10 pick.

so Lose to the giants, and here come the steelers, with their tough defense, followed by Lions, Niners....they will eat our lunch if the run defense continues as is. we may battle the falcons, but then philly, texans and now looks like commanders are no easy outs....

and if we end up 1-5, 1-6 or 2-7, this team will implode. MM will be let go (since it doesn't matter, its the last year of his contract and he is owed the money, and jerrry would have to make a move). zimmer becomes the interim coach.....probably Bilocheck the next head coach as Jerry has to, just has to make a move like that.

so losing to the Giants may not be so bad. lets lose a few.... let this thing fall apart. ....lets get a top 10 pick. lets get a legit DT, given Jonses won't spend in FA, draft is the only path to add talent and you have to be at the top to get the type of talent we need.

I am sure, some (the usual crowd) will make this about Dak as you can't throw a stone around here without it becoming a Dak topic!!!
He’s not wrong

CWR

Reaction score

its painfully obvious this team lacks on the defensive side of the ball and RB. specially at DT and with Lawrence on his last legs, at DE. people are enamoured with LBs, but I see a bunch of average players. young, but average. they are better than last year and people are just excited about that. we don't suck....that's how low we have sunk...they are not a strength. the safties suck too. they are average. we are deep, but they are all the same. nothing to write home about. I am not even going to dig into the RB situation where we have an UDFA who has been struggling to get on the roster for 3 years and Zeke who should have retired. now Cook, who nobody else wanted.

I get it, the OL has two young pieces that need to learn, but its time for zack to move on and perhaps Bass can fill in. Steele is done. he got paid and he sucks. he can't move laterally, a prerequisite for a tackle. he has been getting abused for two year in a row now.

so why losing to the giants is a good thing? this roster is not superbowl ready. not ready to compete. not even close. it lacks talent (stating the obvious). we know Joneses won't spend in FA. there is money that could be made available and no, it has nothing to do with Dak or CD, although I am 1000% sure some will make it about Dak. just because.

so winning against Giants and Commanders and the other bottom of the league type teams will put us in the 15-20 range in the draft...but I rather have a top 10 pick.

so Lose to the giants, and here come the steelers, with their tough defense, followed by Lions, Niners....they will eat our lunch if the run defense continues as is. we may battle the falcons, but then philly, texans and now looks like commanders are no easy outs....

and if we end up 1-5, 1-6 or 2-7, this team will implode. MM will be let go (since it doesn't matter, its the last year of his contract and he is owed the money, and jerrry would have to make a move). zimmer becomes the interim coach.....probably Bilocheck the next head coach as Jerry has to, just has to make a move like that.

so losing to the Giants may not be so bad. lets lose a few.... let this thing fall apart. ....lets get a top 10 pick. lets get a legit DT, given Jonses won't spend in FA, draft is the only path to add talent and you have to be at the top to get the type of talent we need.

I am sure, some (the usual crowd) will make this about Dak as you can't throw a stone around here without it becoming a Dak topic!!!
I can't hate on your logic, but I want to win and am not ready to give up on the season. I realize that's foolish.

mmohican29

Reaction score

No.

It's embarrassing enough to be a Cowboys fan. Can we @ least try to stay engaged in the season for the next 15 weeks?

The QB, the Owner.. lol. They're not going away so let's hope for the best.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
how about Cinci, Texans, Lions, Dolphins

obviously you do need the right GM making the right players in the top 10.

you know what...never mind :(
What have the Texans and Dolphins done?! Houston has gone no further than Dallas has over their existence and Miami hasn’t won a playoff game since the Clinton presidency.

Also, it took the Lions and Bengals over 30 years each of being terrible to mediocre to luck into what so far has amounted to a combined total of 3 conference title appearances and 0 Super Bowls.

Blitzen

Reaction score
LOL, Well, winning 12-5 sure didn't bring any change. Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying losing will change anything either. Jerry is just Jerry, and he's gonna do what he always does, win lose or draw.
I understand the thought that losing will force Jerry to change something, but being forced to change doesn't mean Jerry will respond by doing the RIGHT thing. I think Jerry is just in a wrong thing rut and if he changes, he'll change from doing one wrong thing to doing another wrong thing. LOL
Like I said, Jerry is just Jerry.

Going 12-5 is better than losing season after season which is what losing bad in one season will guarantee.

If the team is going to win anything they have to build around the core group here. Even if they are geriatric and cannot go faster than a swift walk. They must succeed with Dak, or there will be two dozen years of losing seasons, locusts, sour milk, bad dental hygiene, and gonorrhea for all Cowboys’ fans. I heard it from a guy.

I would like to disregard all the success that teams have parlayed poor records/high draft picks into future success (including Dallas). I will focus on the few teams that have not been able to find success with the high picks.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm picking up what the OP is putting down, but as others have mentioned already, will that even be enough to make a difference?

I have to say though, this is the lowest I’ve seen the fanbase collectively... and I’m right there with them. The reality of this franchise is just plain sad.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm picking up what the OP is putting down, but as others have mentioned already, will that even be enough to make a difference?

I have to say though, this is the lowest I’ve seen the fanbase collectively... and I’m right there with them. The reality of this franchise is just plain sad.
I don’t even think the fan base is low. The money isn’t adding up. If people truly were fed up we’d see some money being effected but we aren’t.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
The G-Kids are gonna be missing both starting corners, maybe a third.

If they don’t win they should just forfeit the rest of the season.