Losing to Giants is good for cowboys long term

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Hire Belichek, bring in Vrabel as DC till BB retires, then promote BV to HC. IMO this might be best we can do with the current roster and contracts.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They have some faith this front office actually has a vision now and will select good picks I guess. You just extended your QB and WR to big extensions. If we are now in tank mode, that is seriously bad. Tank mode is when you are cleaning house and starting over from scratch. We aren't there, we just aren't good but paying our core like we are.
I agree I said it all offseason when people claimed we were tanking…this is not how you tank….

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I want us to lose to the Giants thursday night. sorry, go ahead. hate on me.

its painfully obvious this team lacks on the defensive side of the ball and RB. specially at DT and with Lawrence on his last legs, at DE. people are enamoured with LBs, but I see a bunch of average players. young, but average. they are better than last year and people are just excited about that. we don't suck....that's how low we have sunk...they are not a strength. the safties suck too. they are average. we are deep, but they are all the same. nothing to write home about. I am not even going to dig into the RB situation where we have an UDFA who has been struggling to get on the roster for 3 years and Zeke who should have retired. now Cook, who nobody else wanted.

I get it, the OL has two young pieces that need to learn, but its time for zack to move on and perhaps Bass can fill in. Steele is done. he got paid and he sucks. he can't move laterally, a prerequisite for a tackle. he has been getting abused for two year in a row now.

so why losing to the giants is a good thing? this roster is not superbowl ready. not ready to compete. not even close. it lacks talent (stating the obvious). we know Joneses won't spend in FA. there is money that could be made available and no, it has nothing to do with Dak or CD, although I am 1000% sure some will make it about Dak. just because.

so winning against Giants and Commanders and the other bottom of the league type teams will put us in the 15-20 range in the draft...but I rather have a top 10 pick.

so Lose to the giants, and here come the steelers, with their tough defense, followed by Lions, Niners....they will eat our lunch if the run defense continues as is. we may battle the falcons, but then philly, texans and now looks like commanders are no easy outs....

and if we end up 1-5, 1-6 or 2-7, this team will implode. MM will be let go (since it doesn't matter, its the last year of his contract and he is owed the money, and jerrry would have to make a move). zimmer becomes the interim coach.....probably Bilocheck the next head coach as Jerry has to, just has to make a move like that.

so losing to the Giants may not be so bad. lets lose a few.... let this thing fall apart. ....lets get a top 10 pick. lets get a legit DT, given Jonses won't spend in FA, draft is the only path to add talent and you have to be at the top to get the type of talent we need.

I am sure, some (the usual crowd) will make this about Dak as you can't throw a stone around here without it becoming a Dak topic!!!
you do know that the gm that runs the team will be hiring the coaches and picking the players no matter now high the picks are