Losman looking horrid in Scrimmage

blindzebra

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
BledsoetoWittenfortheTD is quickly rivaling BadAttitude for the worst poster on this board.

Boy, that ball is just hanging there waiting to get spiked, but it's just too easy.:D

Cowchips

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Mularkey frankly looks to be about as good as Price as a head coach. So him picking Losman does not exactly look like a brilliant stroke by a top coach.

Buffalo would have been much better off letting Bledsoe and Losman battle it out in training camp. It would have been like giving the keys to Henson in Dallas and then finding out he is struggling to be the 3rd string qb.

As for Bledsoe in Dallas, I think Parcells knows exactly what Bledsoe needs to succeed. The stud o-line and stud tight-end will revive Bledsoe and those saying he is washed up will feel like idiots or be saying "I told you so" after twisting their current opinion. By mid-season, Drew will be the one on all the Sunday night highlights, just like he was from 1995-1998 when he was the best QB in football.

fosnizzlewewizzle

Reaction score
BledsoetoWittenfortheTD said:
Let's put it this way....if Bledsoe had stayed in buffalo you might have had a chance at the playoffs again...but without him and the decision to start a 1st round bust...you've mortgaged a future you never had....

I know Bledsoe will be consistent and solid playing in a parcells offense....as long as hes even average we'll be a playoff team because we have the line and weapons to support him that buffalo simply don't have

Hmm lets put it this way...

Buffalo had one of the top 3 or 2 defenses...by far best punting and return team and they missed the playoffs. Even with Losman buffalo is still a better team than we are.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
fosnizzlewewizzle said:

Buffalo had one of the top 3 or 2 defenses...by far best punting and return team and they missed the playoffs. Even with Losman buffalo is still a better team than we are.

Time will tell. My guess is we make the playoffs based on a good ground game, decent QBing, good passing game at least, and a top ten defense probably near the bottom of the top ten but top ten nevertheless. Plus we are in a weaker division than Buffalo IMO.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
fosnizzlewewizzle said:

I do not have on rose colored glasses concerning Dallas this year but this is a completely poor assumption based on the fact Losman is so green..I could be wrong but I doubt we do any worse than Buffalo this season. Good D or not Losman looks horrible, even Holcomb is not much better.

Do not give me the Drew B stuff, Bill knows how to use him and we do have the O-line, back, WRs and tight end to make things happen. I will not make the homer mistake, it could be bad..but definately not any worse than the Buffalo Offense this year..we shall see :)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bills | Losman Impresses Coaches
Sat, 6 Aug 2005 11:38:18 -0700

Gregg Pastore, of BuffaloBills.com, reports Buffalo Bills QB J.P. Losman impressed the coaching staff Friday, Aug. 5, in a scrimmage against the Green Bay Packers. He completed 6-of-11 passes for 69 yards and did not commit any turnovers. Head coach Mike Mularkey felt Losman looked comfortable on the field.

--------
Guess that's why Mularkey's the coach, cuz I didn't quite see the same thing...in either of the repeats on NFL Network.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I am with you WG...:)

I would say that too if I made a decision that will be problematic for the clubs chances this year, Losman looked really bad, had many mental and physical errors in addition to almost throwing several pics on top.

I am sure the coaches do not want him to lose confidence and want their decision to work out..but if you take a look at the game with no agenda (I could care less how Losman does either way) he looked really bad.

This could change in time, but based on last night the coaches must be trying to help morale IMO :)

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Bledsoe is a need to have QB...He needs to have a great O-line...He needs to have a Great Running game...He needs to have etc..

Jean-Pierre NEEDS to have a pop warner defense against him to stay off the IR.

I can't wait until he flops and Bledsoe takes the Cowboys to the playoffs!

kmd24

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Ah, the good old tallest dwarf syndrome. Carter in 2003 was the best we'd had too. Vinny was the best we'd had, yet again last year.

It's more than that. He's the best that's been available to the Cowboys since Aikman. Delhomme is perhaps the only one you might argue would have been better, primarily because he was slightly younger. Kerry Collins, Jake Plummer, Mark Brunell, and Kurt Warner each had their own issues and spotty histories. Bledsoe is more than just the best QB in camp, he is a genuine talent and a departure from the bargain bin QB's that have been brought in for the last four years. Unlike VT, another team would have signed DB if he hadn't signed so quickly with Dallas.

blindzebra said:
I don't think anyone is taking delight, it's more that we are sick of average to total crap at QB.

It's pretty obvious that many people on this board would be delighted to see Bledsoe fail, most likely so that Henson will get his shot.

blindzebra said:
We did not want another retread and we'd all prefer we'd start building for the future.

In what way does Bledsoe's signing prevent building for the future?

It does only if you subscribe to the notion that a player (Henson/Romo) must see the field in the regular season to develop. There are notable counterexamples to that idea. Tom Brady and Jake Delhomme are two recent QB's who had almost immediate success without extended playing time before they got their shot.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
What is truely amazing is that some are pointing to Losman struggling as vindication for Bledsoe.

HELLO!!!

Buffalo picked this struggling player over Bledsoe, so what does that really say about Bledsoe?

Truely great QBs don't lose their jobs TWICE to inexperienced QBs during their career.

He is about to make it a hat-trick.:D

You're so far off your rocker it's funny ...

I smell a Henson agenda ... ;)

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
kmd24 said:
It's more than that. He's the best that's been available to the Cowboys since Aikman. Delhomme is perhaps the only one you might argue would have been better, primarily because he was slightly younger. Kerry Collins, Jake Plummer, Mark Brunell, and Kurt Warner each had their own issues and spotty histories. Bledsoe is more than just the best QB in camp, he is a genuine talent and a departure from the bargain bin QB's that have been brought in for the last four years. Unlike VT, another team would have signed DB if he hadn't signed so quickly with Dallas.

It's pretty obvious that many people on this board would be delighted to see Bledsoe fail, most likely so that Henson will get his shot.

In what way does Bledsoe's signing prevent building for the future?

It does only if you subscribe to the notion that a player (Henson/Romo) must see the field in the regular season to develop. There are notable counterexamples to that idea. Tom Brady and Jake Delhomme are two recent QB's who had almost immediate success without extended playing time before they got their shot.

But Blindzebra doesn't listen to reason. It's all blind assesments with homerism being his base of thinking ...

:blind: <---- BZ making his QB assesments.

Boy! That Henson is going to be a real stud at QB!

Unknowfan

Reaction score
at least Losman can run,
Dedaslow is slow and runs from the 50 to the .........................40 then gets sacked