Lost a big contract last week

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good memory MW. If its done as responsible adults then I think it even boosts interaction. Its a different time now.

I had a friend, who passed away a couple years ago...

He started out with the Pennsylvania Railroad in 1955 and retired in 1997.

There are or were probably were other industry's that had bigger issues with employees either partaking in alcoholic drinks prior to work or while at work, but I'll tell ya, the railroad industry was right up there.

There was story after story he shared about railroad employees taking advantage of a system that made it darned difficult to fire them for working under the influence.

One story occurred during the late 1950's. By this time my friend was a fireman on a crew operating a diesel locomotive...

They were hauling a long train up a single-track branch line. This branch was about 100 miles long, so the crew would stop along the way for lunch.

Anyway the engineer found his way to a local establishment that sold spirits...

And he came back "spirited".

My friend, who again was only classified as a fireman, ended up taking the train the rest of the way, which if management of the PRR had heard of it, would have gone ballistic.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I had a friend, who passed away a couple years ago...

He started out with the Pennsylvania Railroad in 1955 and retired in 1997.

There are or were probably were other industry's that had bigger issues with employees either partaking in alcoholic drinks prior to work or while at work, but I'll tell ya, the railroad industry was right up there.

There was story after story he shared about railroad employees taking advantage of a system that made it darned difficult to fire them for working under the influence.

One story occurred during the late 1950's. By this time my friend was a fireman on a crew operating a diesel locomotive...

They were hauling a long train up a single-track branch line. This branch was about 100 miles long, so the crew would stop along the way for lunch.

Anyway the engineer found his way to a local establishment that sold spirits...

And he came back "spirited".

My friend, who again was only classified as a fireman, ended up taking the train the rest of the way, which if management of the PRR had heard of it, would have gone ballistic.
Yeah, "Trashed" is a whole new bucket of worms. I come from a drinking family. I can't remember a meal there was not something on the table to drink. I don't normally partake at work but, when I get home I usually have a couple drinks during supper or before bed.

Its normal for me and I never take it too far. I can't remember the last time I would be considered being drunk.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't pretend to be anything I am not.

Except for sober, I've pretended to be sober a few times!!