Lost interest in winning

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Only on Jason. I believe in Prescott also I think he’s a winner I think it’s the scheme. I just know you’re touchy when it comes to the coaching conversation. And you have a right to be

Not sure I disliked a coach any more than Garrett. Worst I have ever seen.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
It's been tough to see Jerry Jones degrade into senile Al Davis. He has simply lost interest in winning. He is no longer willing to make the moves or pay the money. He has the 6th most cap space and he stands pat. This team in no where near a superbowl, not even close. Baltimore, San Francisco, and KC are the new NFL. I don't know what Jerry is anymore, certainly not the Maverick

Fake fan, dude I will bet you that not only will Dak take this team to the SB but he is gonna kick Mahomes poo if he is there.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Jerry doesn’t like to win hasn’t been paying attention. Getting another super bowl consumes him and is likely a key factor in why he hasn’t stepped aside for Stephen. If he didn’t care, he wouldn’t still be doing Jerry stuff.

Jerry is ultra-competitive

He may not always make decisions that we agree with but calling him senile or questioning his desire to win is dumb.

I agree. Saying he doesn't want to win is just pure nonsense.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
LOL...………….Now that is way over the top.

Why did they do the exclusive tag, why does McCarthy wants Dak sooo bad? Because he can't win a SB without a STUD QB no matter how good the other parts of the team is ala 49rs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Fake fan, dude I will bet you that not only will Dak take this team to the SB but he is gonna kick Mahomes poo if he is there.
well if that dream scenario derived from a 5th dimensional viewpoint actually happens, Dak will finally get his long term deal..earn the poo and it will come with stink on it,

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
For me it’s going to be all about the scheme. Do we have the players that match what he’s going to run. If I’m starting a team I’m starting with the coach. If I already have a team in place I have to hire a coach that fits my players. I’m not sure what’s going to happen. But you’re right he’s not a puppet

I think the offense is stacked. We don't have the blocking TE's if he is going to pound the ball. But them signing Jarwin for that ridiculous contract tells me that they are really going to make him a big part of things. And since he cant block that means the passing game. He is probably going to open it up even more. And the presence of a multitalented, big play back like Pollard is just the thing that McCarthy likes.

Screen game and passing to the backs should improve in this offense. And I doubt we will see McCarthy and Moore run Zeke up the middle all game long just because they are too stupid to do anything else.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why did they do the exclusive tag, why does McCarthy wants Dak sooo bad? Because he can't win a SB without a STUD QB no matter how good the other parts of the team is ala 49rs.

Why would anyone not want a young franchise QB like Dak? They tagged him because he wont agree to their terms. Its really just a delay tactic. They now have another month to try and sign him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What specifically do you think he is doing right now that is a problem?
I think Stephen is ahead of him in current player negotiations and Clay and Stephen are both ahead of him in FA acquisitions and grading our own players.

The budget tightened more with Stephen transitioning to budget control sveral years ago than due to Jerry...imo.
And Clay has the Cowboys' full NFL player grading system in place that compares our guys to everyone else, then , together with Stephen, assess a dollar value to each.
How’s that working out with Stephen ?

And Jerry’s detriment is a much broader stroke.

75boyz

Reaction score
I don't see this at all.

He just hired an entire new coach and staff and apparently left all the hires up to the HC.

Complete change from the past.

He let Garrett go which was based on him not winning enough given what the ownership and team brain trust had provided to him.

A fundamental quantum leap from the past of just replacing an occasional position coach.

The method of drafting has produced numerous Pro Bowl players in the last 4 years especially.

He has been added to the HofF, not so much for what he did for Dallas, but also what he has done for the NFL

And say he is over the hill and senile?

OMG.

I hate that word HATER but you seem to wear that label well in this post.

Bad day?

It happens..we all blow off steam becuz our expectations are so high.

I forgive ya, bro.

There are alot of things that might change over time but you have to realize the other teams in the NFL hate us BECUZ we have been popular for so long.

Jerrah has had a huge hand in that with 3 SBs. Jerrah took on all the risk when he bought the team and deserves its success when it happens.

Fans who want to separate the team from its owner and crucify one and hold the other as sacred are only fooling themselves.

It's impossible to do this. Other fans who hate us, don't bother with that. They understand it's one and the same.

Jerrah with all his warts is the owner of the most valuable sports team in history. And you are a fan of that team.

Loving one and not the other is like saying you love your wife but the way she makes you go to church each Sunday instead of letting you play golf..

only shows where you put your values.

You have to follow what she needs if you want to enjoy the relationship. Even if you do not agree.

Savey?

Although your first 5 sentences do describe an actual change from Jerry, should it be considered some type of unprecedented act if the ONE holdover staff member by the name of Moore replaced McCarthy if all things went south this coming year?

Not saying it will, but history has a way of repeating itself. Especially with this owner. Just some food for thought if that worst case scenario were to happen.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Although your first 5 sentences do describe an actual change from Jerry, should it be considered some type of unprecedented act if the ONE holdover staff member by the name of Moore replaced McCarthy if all things went south this coming year?

Not saying it will, but history has a way of repeating itself. Especially with this owner. Just some food for thought if that worst case scenario were to happen.
Not sure how to answer that.

Moore is not my most fav coach for us but he was light years ahead of the rest.

If Moore had to take over HC, the rest of the staff would probably be gone in short order.

Their loyalty is to MM not Moore and Jerrah.

So I think if anything, if the offense struggles, Moore is the fall guy and McCarthy steps up and calls the offense.

This is what was originally stated was going to happen.

So I sincerely hope this keeping Moore is not another Jerrah intervention.

I prefer MM call the plays. Just saying.