Lost interest in winning

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
San Francisco has been to the Super Bowl twice before us. Younger better quality players. That’s a drafting hi

Its everything buddy. They all are factors. Jerry hasn't been able to field a complete squad.

But talent really hasn't been the issue the last 4 years. Coaching has been the biggest problem. Hence the firing of Garrett.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m not complaining. Just putting the point out there. I’m not thrilled with this new coach but only time will tell

Were you a garrett lover or something? How can you not like anyone that isn't name Garrett? Anyone would be an upgrade. But all that aside, McCarthy has a history. He has been all over the NFL and has experience all the way through winning a SB. He is not some rookie greenhorn like Garrett. They guy knows offense. And the fact that he was allowed to pick all his own coaches is a great sign.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Were you a garrett lover or something? How can you not like anyone that isn't name Garrett? Anyone would be an upgrade. But all that aside, McCarthy has a history. He has been all over the NFL and has experience all the way through winning a SB. He is not some rookie greenhorn like Garrett. They guy knows offense. And the fact that he was allowed to pick all his own coaches is a great sign.
I know you hate Jason Garrett we’ve had this conversation before. This has nothing to do with them. Well yes it does because He did suck LOL even though we had a winning record. When the game was on the line it was his fault

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He had a great Aaron Rodgers media lover boy won Super Bowl. And I’m supposed to like him. Not a fan. You just like him because he’s not Jason

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't see this at all.

He just hired an entire new coach and staff and apparently left all the hires up to the HC.

Complete change from the past.

He let Garrett go which was based on him not winning enough given what the ownership and team brain trust had provided to him.

A fundamental quantum leap from the past of just replacing an occasional position coach.

The method of drafting has produced numerous Pro Bowl players in the last 4 years especially.

He has been added to the HofF, not so much for what he did for Dallas, but also what he has done for the NFL

And say he is over the hill and senile?

OMG.

I hate that word HATER but you seem to wear that label well in this post.

Bad day?

It happens..we all blow off steam becuz our expectations are so high.

I forgive ya, bro.

There are alot of things that might change over time but you have to realize the other teams in the NFL hate us BECUZ we have been popular for so long.

Jerrah has had a huge hand in that with 3 SBs. Jerrah took on all the risk when he bought the team and deserves its success when it happens.

Fans who want to separate the team from its owner and crucify one and hold the other as sacred are only fooling themselves.

It's impossible to do this. Other fans who hate us, don't bother with that. They understand it's one and the same.

Jerrah with all his warts is the owner of the most valuable sports team in history. And you are a fan of that team.

Loving one and not the other is like saying you love your wife but the way she makes you go to church each Sunday instead of letting you play golf..

only shows where you put your values.

You have to follow what she needs if you want to enjoy the relationship. Even if you do not agree.

Savey?

This franchise has NEVER been in a better situation for the last 25 years. There is no reason not to be optimistic. Garrett is finally gone and we have tons of cap space so that our new HC can get the type of players that he needs. Our core guys are all entering their primes.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This franchise has NEVER been in a better situation for the last 25 years. There is no reason not to be optimistic. Garrett is finally gone and we have tons of cap space so that our new HC can get the type of players that he needs. Our core guys are all entering their primes.
:clap:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He had a great Aaron Rodgers media lover boy won Super Bowl. And I’m supposed to like him. Not a fan. You just like him because he’s not Jason

Typical answer on McCarthy and Rogers. NO, I like him because he has a good mind for offense and has been to the big dance and won. I saw him coach against the Cowboys with lessor teams and out coach Garrett. The guy knows what he is doing.

He also has garnered enough respect from Jones to pick his own staff. Another good sign.

If McCarthy screws up the job I will have no problem turning on him.

He also says things like "defense gets you to the SB". Which I happen to agree with.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I know you hate Jason Garrett we’ve had this conversation before. This has nothing to do with them. Well yes it does because He did suck LOL even though we had a winning record. When the game was on the line it was his fault

See...…..This is how it starts. A fan like you has some kind of weird problem with McCarthy. And you will hate him no matter what happens going forward.

What exactly is NOT to like about McCarthy besides you stance that he only was good because of Rogers?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Typical answer on McCarthy and Rogers. NO, I like him because he has a good mind for offense and has been to the big dance and won. I saw him coach against the Cowboys with lessor teams and out coach Garrett. The guy knows what he is doing.

He also has garnered enough respect from Jones to pick his own staff. Another good sign.

If McCarthy screws up the job I will have no problem turning on him.

He also says things like "defense gets you to the SB". Which I happen to agree with.
Typical answer. Simply because it’s factual. I don’t like the guy LOL He would’ve been my last choice. I would’ve taken it Bella check son. And I wish him the best

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
See...…..This is how it starts. A fan like you has some kind of weird problem with McCarthy. And you will hate him no matter what happens going forward.

What exactly is NOT to like about McCarthy besides you stance that he only was good because of Rogers?
You were the first want to comment. About me loving Jason or something about me loving Jason or something. It’s always the same with you my cowboyBrother. Why do you always have a problem with someone else’s opinion. You can’t just say teach their own

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Seriously...……...To listen to these doom and gloomers is really pathetic. Some want to start over and rebuild. Well with 80 million in caps space and over 100 million next year we can do just that. The difference is we already have a good team to start with.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I don’t like his demeanor. I don’t like the way he is in the locker room. I don’t like his appearance on the field. There’s not much you like him about anything. I’ll give him a chance

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Seriously...……...To listen to these doom and gloomers is really pathetic. Some want to start over and rebuild. Well with 80 million in caps space and over 100 million next year we can do just that. The difference is we already have a good team to start with.
Who is talking about starting over and rebuilding. I think we’re special teams away from being great. Even if we had Jason. So think on that for a while

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You were the first want to comment. About me loving Jason or something about me loving Jason or something. It’s always the same with you my cowboyBrother. Why do you always have a problem with someone else’s opinion. You can’t just say teach their own

I asked you if you were a Garrett lover. You said no, so that's fine with me.

Now as far as McCarthy I am asking you again. Why don't you like him?

I only have a problem when someone that cant back up their position with a reasonable answer. Now is your chance.

What is to not like about McCarthy? m

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Are you truly that hypocritical. That’s all you’re worth with Jason . Talk about doom and gloom. LMAO

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t like his demeanor. I don’t like the way he is in the locker room. I don’t like his appearance on the field. There’s not much you like him about anything. I’ll give him a chance

Ok...…..that seems odd. You don't like the way he looks? How do you know what he is like in the lockeroom?

Is there something about his coaching abilities that you don't like?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ok...…..that seems odd. You don't like the way he looks? How do you know what he is like in the lockeroom?

Is there something about his coaching abilities that you don't like?
Yes I don’t like the way he handles the two minute drill. I’ve watched many of his games. I am not a fan. So

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Are you truly that hypocritical. That’s all you’re worth with Jason . Talk about doom and gloom. LMAO

Never talked about Doom and Gloom with Garrett. Just simply pointed out that he sucked and was holding this team back. Im sure I suggest we couldn't win a SB with Garrett, but that's not doom and gloom.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Never talked about Doom and Gloom with Garrett. Just simply pointed out that he sucked and was holding this team back. Im sure I suggest we couldn't win a SB with Garrett, but that's not doom and gloom.
I would much rather have a coach that the league hasint already scrutinized. How many more teams is going to give this guy a chance.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That’s doom and gloom. LOL now you’re just being combative But I’m doing and gloom because I don’t like McCarthy. Stop it