Lots of Chiefs fans in DFW now

Zordon

Reaction score
They've always had a big presence here b/c of their history as the Dallas Texans, but now I see their fans everywhere. Chiefs-themed bars are every corner of DFW. Mahomes lives here and is as visible as Dak. Every time I coach games on the weekend, I see young kids rocking his haircut/jersey. Just something I have observed, Cowboys are losing their grip on this city.

Zordon

Reaction score
What could have been if we only were QB shopping at the time................ :facepalm:
Still the best post I've seen on here in awhile. Shout out to @Aven8

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/pat...-daks-rookie-year.521584/page-2#post-13399825
A little history, KC went to the playoffs for three straight seasons before getting Mahomes in 2017 where he rode the bench with Alex Smith leading the way.

They went 11-5, 12-4, and 10-6.

They lost in the divisional round the first two years and WC round.

In 2017 they moved up from pick 27 to 10 with Buffalo.

The rest is history. They believed in him and went and got their guy.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
They've always had a big presence here b/c of their history as the Dallas Texans, but now I see their fans everywhere. Chiefs-themed bars are every corner of DFW. Mahomes lives here and is as visible as Dak. Every time I coach games on the weekend, I see young kids rocking his haircut/jersey. Just something I have observed, Cowboys are losing their grip on this city.

That's what you get with a sporting superstar. Kids especially are drawn to the individual and celebrity.....and can't take disappointment imo.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Not saying the Cowboys will be fan poor anytime soon, however Jerry/Stephen have started costing this team fans. The younger generation is not supporting the Cowboys, and they have significantly less support nationally as well. Locally KC has become trendy and Houston has the potential to swipe some Cowboy fans too.

Typically I would bash fans for not being loyal, but what has Jerry/Stephen done to deserve fan loyalty?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
What could have been if we only were QB shopping at the time................ :facepalm:
Look at the bright side Pappy, if we were QB shopping at the time we would never have a QB who came in 2nd in last years MVP voting. Surely Patrick Mahomes can never make that claim :laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It is to be expected. 100% devoted fanship is not for the fickle-hearted.

John813

Reaction score
No surprise. Nearby team. Superstar QB. Recent multiple superbowl wins.
Dallas recent success is one and done. New fans will gravitate to the hot team.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

You mean his parents live there?

Patrick lives in KC in the big new house they had built.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Well a few things. Mahomes didn’t invent that haircut. It’s actually out of style now for adults.

I don’t bump into too many fans of his but it’s no different then people in the 90s wearing Montana around here or people wearing Brady or Rodgers.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Not saying the Cowboys will be fan poor anytime soon, however Jerry/Stephen have started costing this team fans. The younger generation is not supporting the Cowboys, and they have significantly less support nationally as well. Locally KC has become trendy and Houston has the potential to swipe some Cowboy fans too.

Typically I would bash fans for not being loyal, but what has Jerry/Stephen done to deserve fan loyalty?
JJ has 9.2 Billion rea$on$ to say this probably not true.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True. But, If the Cowboys had been QB shopping, and they drafted Mahomes, you'd only have 412 posts instead of 18,412. :thumbup:
a72d3bc57f144dcef60b1a1fef366c3d554ae435333967280202c0a5e515f022_1.jpg

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Yeah you are right, the house down my street has a large Chiefs sign by the door. I go to CVS right after the superbowl and a woman in a Mahomes jersey is there checking out. I see the license plate frames all the time stickers etc. The second most team I see represented here? Packers.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It happens everywhere.

I was living in South Florida, when GB won a SB in the 90's.

I knew of one GB fans down there, I worked with. I never seen anyone wear anything GB. A few weeks after they won, I seen dozens of GB jerseys and shirts and hats. Even a few of the cheesehead hats. I just laughed like wow, yeah, band wagon fans.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
JJ has 9.2 Billion rea$on$ to say this probably not true.
No it's absolutely true. As I said I'm not saying the Cowboys are struggling to find fans right now, but younger fans are not gravitating towards the Cowboys, especially at the national level and I'm not even sure how that is up for debate. Die hard fans from the 70's, 80's, 90's are starting to die off and the youth that are going to be the money spenders 5-10 years from now are going to other teams. Probably more of an issue Stephen has to worry about than Jerry for obvious reasons.