Lots of Chiefs fans in DFW now

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
It happens everywhere.

I was living in South Florida, when GB won a SB in the 90's.

I knew of one GB fans down there, I worked with. I never seen anyone wear anything GB. A few weeks after they won, I seen dozens of GB jerseys and shirts and hats. Even a few of the cheesehead hats. I just laughed like wow, yeah, band wagon fans.
True, but this is also the part I think Cowboys ownership should worry about. I still see GB themed bars all over the county, was just in one in Orlando not too long ago. I see them for KC and some other teams but to far lesser extents. Outside of Texas I really don't see many Cowboys themed ones though. I know Vegas has one, but almost every team has one in Vegas....Buffalo of all teams has 3 and I think GB has 4 or 5 in that area. The Cowboys are not dominating outside of Texas nearly like they used to.

Polkton31

Reaction score
a72d3bc57f144dcef60b1a1fef366c3d554ae435333967280202c0a5e515f022_1.jpg
And this is why I never underestimate the human capacity for delusion.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What could have been if we only were QB shopping at the time................ :facepalm:
Lol! It took you less than a minute to respond and reference Dak. Do you guys text each other when you're gonna post something?
Gotta go, waiting on the plane to land.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
Jerry would've had Pat doing all types of commercial deals and destroyed his marriage.

Garrett would've had him throwing 10 yard comeback routes.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True, but this is also the part I think Cowboys ownership should worry about. I still see GB themed bars all over the county, was just in one in Orlando not too long ago. I see them for KC and some other teams but to far lesser extents. Outside of Texas I really don't see many Cowboys themed ones though. I know Vegas has one, but almost every team has one in Vegas....Buffalo of all teams has 3 and I think GB has 4 or 5 in that area. The Cowboys are not dominating outside of Texas nearly like they used to.
In the late 80's, early 90's, when Dallas was not doing so well of course.
I would go to a sports store in Palm Beach Gardens. Mostly shirts, jackets, jerseys type stuff. Not too much other items like cups and glasses or key chain type items.

He had all the NFL teams, MLB, NBA, NHL teams and carried the top 20 college teams stuff. And a few other college teams, but did not have much, maybe 1 or 2 items until they sold.

He had double stuff of Cowboys over even Dolphins stuff. He said he sold that much more Cowboys.

Then after the won the SB he carried even more, he had double it again.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
I see the same thing in Austin now. Lot of 10-15 year olds wearing Mahomes jersey around. When you are young, you root for winners and who is cool. Cowboys still living off of kids who saw 90s championships. Once they get old, then revenues will take a hit.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not saying the Cowboys will be fan poor anytime soon, however Jerry/Stephen have started costing this team fans. The younger generation is not supporting the Cowboys, and they have significantly less support nationally as well. Locally KC has become trendy and Houston has the potential to swipe some Cowboy fans too.

Typically I would bash fans for not being loyal, but what has Jerry/Stephen done to deserve fan loyalty?
Not true...

Most valuable sports teams worldwide in 2023(in billion U.S. dollars)
https://www.statista.com/statistics/278027/brand-value-of-sport-teams-franchises-worldwide/

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Bandwagon wagons will always be a thing. I don't see many patriot fans anymore.
I know right. Imagine choosing to be the fan of a well run championship team with an all time great at QB. Not for me thank you very much. I will stick with my clown show run by the drunken buffoon with a QB that poops his pants at the end of every season. Much more entertaining.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Can't blame anybody, really. Call it bandwagon. Call it what you want. I'm a die hard Cowboys fan. I live in Washington state now and take all the jokes in stride, but the older I get the more I understand others lack of loyalty. It's like a marriage where you only stay together because of the kids.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Not true...

Most valuable sports teams worldwide in 2023(in billion U.S. dollars)
https://www.statista.com/statistics/278027/brand-value-of-sport-teams-franchises-worldwide/
So? I never said they weren't the most valuable franchise. The younger generation is certainly not supporting the Cowboys they same way they did in previous year. The valuation wont be hurt until future years when todays youth turns into money spenders. Aside from that there will always be bandwagon fans who will go support a Houston or KC if they are making it further in the post season than Dallas is.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So? I never said they weren't the most valuable franchise. The younger generation is certainly not supporting the Cowboys they same way they did in previous year. The valuation wont be hurt until future years when todays youth turns into money spenders. Aside from that there will always be bandwagon fans who will go support a Houston or KC if they are making it further in the post season than Dallas is.
Yeah, today's youth don't like a three-peat 12-5 Cowboys team. Yeah, that's why Micah had the #1 most sold jersey in 2023, along with Dak at #5.

https://sports.yahoo.com/top-selling-nfl-jerseys-2023-232345132.html

Two Dallas Cowboys appear on the list of top-selling NFL jerseys for the 2023 season

:facepalm:

Nah, I think it's just some of you upset fans making stuff up because you're so unhappy.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
They've always had a big presence here b/c of their history as the Dallas Texans, but now I see their fans everywhere. Chiefs-themed bars are every corner of DFW. Mahomes lives here and is as visible as Dak. Every time I coach games on the weekend, I see young kids rocking his haircut/jersey. Just something I have observed, Cowboys are losing their grip on this city.

People like a winner and that they have been doing.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL Virginia used to be littered with Wa.Commander fans. Now I don't see any jerseys, LOL.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Yeah, today's youth don't like a three-peat 12-5 Cowboys team. Yeah, that's why Micah had the #1 most sold jersey in 2023, along with Dak at #5.

https://sports.yahoo.com/top-selling-nfl-jerseys-2023-232345132.html

Two Dallas Cowboys appear on the list of top-selling NFL jerseys for the 2023 season

:facepalm:

Nah, I think it's just some of you upset fans making stuff up because you're so unhappy.
Again...I'm not saying the Cowboys are hurting for fans, but McDonalds could close down 100 locations this year and still be the leader in fast food.

I'm also not educated enough on sports merch retailers, but is Lids really a telling resource for Jersey sales? I could be wrong and maybe they own several other name brands, but I don't think I would ever make my first stop a Lids store when buying a jersey.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/09/sport/nfl-best-selling-jerseys-popular-dg/index.html - I've found this link pretty interesting when looking at Jersey sales as they break down the top 10 sellers by week. Lamb and Parsons both seem to dominate, which seems odd to me that Lamb isn't even on the Lids list so IDK which would be more accurate in terms of overall popularity. Interesting to see the trends though. Stroud coming on strong, Dak really popping in November when he was playing out of his mind, Hurts selling insane numbers until the Eagles choke job started, Kelce receiving the Taylor Swift push, etc.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
I travel a lot. I live mostly in Florida now. Up until about 2010 Cowboy clothing and gear were the most popular. You saw it everywhere. Then things starting changing. It did not happen real fast but over the years it dwindled slowly until the present day when it is almost rare to see that gear in many parts of the country. I am told Cowboy gear is still the number 1 seller but it must be mostly from the Dallas area. I sure have seen a big drop off around the country as I travel.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
They've always had a big presence here b/c of their history as the Dallas Texans, but now I see their fans everywhere. Chiefs-themed bars are every corner of DFW. Mahomes lives here and is as visible as Dak. Every time I coach games on the weekend, I see young kids rocking his haircut/jersey. Just something I have observed, Cowboys are losing their grip on this city.

ok, people go for what is new and shiny, we own other cities too, it is the way sports are now