Lots of speculation RG3 has a torn ACL

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Stryker44;4949288 said:
Couple questions:

1. If its a partial tear, does that cut down on recovery time?

yes.

2. If RGIII were to be on the IR for 2013 before the start of the league year, would he still count against the cap?

:laugh2:

yes.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
pjtoadie;4949281 said:
Looks like partial tears to the ACL and LCL

The MRI exam of Commanders quarterback Robert Griffin III’s right knee suggested that Griffin has suffered partial tears of his anterior cruciate and lateral collateral ligaments, according to several people with knowledge of the test results.
Commanders Coach Mike Shanahan said Griffin is scheduled to be examined Tuesday in Pensacola, Fla., by orthopedic surgeon James Andrews to determine whether the test results show new or previous injuries.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...as-partial-tears-of-acl-and-lcl-mri-suggests/

Shanahan said at his news conference Monday at Commanders Park that he didn’t know the extent of the damage to Griffin’s knee or how long it will take the quarterback, who just completed his rookie season, to recover. Shanahan said it was unclear whether Griffin will play in the Pro Bowl, to which he was elected, or be ready to participate in the team’s offseason workouts and practices.

I'm no doctor or team executive, but I'm pretty certain that he will NOT be playing in the Pro Bowl.

bigE79

Reaction score
Who cares...do you think a skins forum is all worried about Dez's back or Sean Lee's toe or any other injury the cowboys had? I doubt it

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
bigE79;4949305 said:
Who cares...do you think a skins forum is all worried about Dez's back or Sean Lee's toe or any other injury the cowboys had? I doubt it

If you don't care then why are you reading this thread ;)

Reaction score
I have been flaming mad at shanny for not pulling Rg3 out yesterday, if you didnt see the game it was obvious he was hurt after the second TD. Rg3 told Shanny at half time he was ok and could still play. Shanny should have known that Rg3 isnt going to take himself out. The start of third quarter all the signs where there Rg3 was not even at 50% Mike should have pulled him out then. Very bad move on Shanny and RG3 both for not doing the right thing. Its one thing to be a warrior but another just to be ignorant. The bad snap in fourth quarter sealed Rg3's knee, it bent sideways. From a skins fan stand point all you can do is hope Rg3 can recover and Mike will never let him play again hurt like that. Rg3 needs to learn to know when enough is enough as far as injurys goes. Guess more evaluations will come tomorrow ...fingers crossed its not as bad as it seems. On another note Im very suspicious that Mike and Rg3 both knew that knee was more than a sprain ...was it really worth it to risk ending a career like that Damn!!

DFWJC

Reaction score
bigE79;4949305 said:
I know.
We play that final game without 5 of our very best run defenders, and all I ever hear is "no excuses".

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Taken from another board

First post -

"Commanders QB Robert Griffin III has torn his ACL and PCL according to sources of WRIC-ABC in Richmond. WRIC also reports that he will not be able to play for a minimum of 14-18 months."

Subsequent post - opinion of poster

Okay, I asked around my "sources". WRIC did indeed report that, but, they quickly recanted and subsequently deleted the story.

Here's what is known as fact. RG3 is going to Atlanta to be evaluated by Dr James Andrews. Dan Snyder is going along with him. The "official" report is the MRI today was "inconclusive" due to RG3s previous ACL tear on the same knee while at Baylor.

Now, that could mean one or two things. One, it could mean just what it says and the tests were inconclusive.
Or, Two, the MRI done today did indicate a probable tear in the ACL and PCL, but, they want a second opinion.

I know nothing of this, nor have i seen the original story. However, found this interesting.

As I said on that board, I am not for any player getting hurt, ours or theirs.

But...

If this is the Football Gods taking revenge on Shanahan for teaching the chop block to his players over the years, well it's a shame for RG III but Shanny deserves it.

If this is an inappropriate thread since it is speculation please do what you will with this.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
i seen the story then they took it off real fast. who knows which way to think lol

sbark

Reaction score
found this somewhere....hopefully it uploads

crap it wont upload....

it was RGIII......spelled using a wheel chair for the G.....:D

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Pretty sure it wouldn't take that long to recover (if he really did tear is ACL and PCL).

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
What makes RGIII so great is what he can do with his legs, if you take those away from him you have an average pocket passer.

My grandfather coached his whole life and is a real old school dude but understands the position is changing. He said he'd rather have Cam Newton than RGIII because one of them is going to not miss any games and the other is going to spend the majority of his career on the injury list. I said why is that? He said 'Because one is built like a football player, the other is built like a track star. Give me the football player all day.'

This was before the draft last year, old man obviously still has it.

WG5516

Reaction score
Reports here in DC are that he PARTIALLY tore his LCL & ACL.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
whoa, looking at how his knee just gave out, I thought it was going to be a full tear of something. Partial ACL tears, Im reading on the internetz, take about 6 weeks to heal.

RGIII got very fortunate.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
WG5516;4949415 said:
Reports here in DC are that he PARTIALLY tore his LCL & ACL.

That really doesn't mean much. Partial could be really minor or as bad as a complete tear from the surgery standpoint

Reaction score
DR. andrews will go in and scope the knee tomorrow thats why Rg3 is flying down. Think thats the only way to be sure how much damage is done or not done.

newlander

Reaction score
justcheckinuout;4949468 said:
DR. andrews will go in and scope the knee tomorrow thats why Rg3 is flying down. Think thats the only way to be sure how much damage is done or not done.

.......is flying down with him. Jeez the DRAMA. Wonder if bob will wear that cute yellow hair band he wore in his post game presser yesterday? :lmao2: