Lots of speculation RG3 has a torn ACL

mmillman

Reaction score
Seems like a class act even if he is a Deadskin.

The Washington Post hears from a team source that initial test results on QB Robert Griffin's injured right knee revealed "partial tears" of the ACL and LCL. There's still a lot we don't know here. The team isn't sure if these are new injuries, or aggravations of RG3's LCL injury this year and ACL injury back in 2009. It's also unclear if Griffin will need surgery, or how long he'll be sidelined. Hopefully we'll find out more after his visit with Dr. James Andrews tomorrow. RG3's right knee has definitely become a long-term concern though.

Don't wish that on anyone.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
T minus 10 seconds until the "old school" guys shout you down for not being a true fan and not having any pride in the Cowboys for expressing legitimate concern for a legitimately decent guy.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4949074 said:
I really hate to hear this. I mean, everybody knows that a healthy RG3 means a tough road for us for years to come, Griffin is just such a class young man that you hate to see anything like this for him.

I take no joy in this injury.

That implies that if he wasn't an alleged class guy it would be ok.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Just heard that he actually had an ACL tear since that Ravens game but RG3 wanted them to keep quiet about it and didn't want people to freak out. Makes sense considering Shannahan originally mentioned an ACL tear and then backtracked later on.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
DejectedFan1996;4949639 said:
Just heard that he actually had an ACL tear since that Ravens game but RG3 wanted them to keep quiet about it and didn't want people to freak out. Makes sense considering Shannahan originally mentioned an ACL tear and then backtracked later on.

I've torn my left ACL twice. There is no way RG3 played 2 NFL games with a torn ACL.

Partial tears can be worse the actual tears because the ligaments don't regrow. You just strengthen the muscles around them.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Philip Rivers played with a torn ACL and fathered two children during it.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
not an RG3 fan but I don't like to see this. Hopefully his career isnt cut short due to his knees.
hope he has a speedy recovery

illhurtya

Reaction score
sbark;4949403 said:
found this somewhere....hopefully it uploads

crap it wont upload....

it was RGIII......spelled using a wheel chair for the G.....:D

You mean this?
http://i1072.***BLOCKED***/albums/w365/peter_feltersnatch/photo_zps56bfc6a9.png

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
BAZ;4949691 said:
Philip Rivers played with a torn ACL and fathered two children during it.

I thought that was an MCL. Oops...you're right. Torn ACL. No idea how you could even do that.

etw926

Reaction score
http://i72.***BLOCKED***/albums/i171/etw926/funny/IMG951244_zps39fa1cef.jpg

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
etw926;4949790 said:
http://i72.***BLOCKED***/albums/i171/etw926/funny/IMG951244_zps39fa1cef.jpg

I just spit out my drink seeing this photo.

etw926

Reaction score
http://i72.***BLOCKED***/albums/i171/etw926/funny/IMG952248_zps55a0e2b7.jpg

1fisher

Reaction score
etw926;4949828 said:
http://i72.***BLOCKED***/albums/i171/etw926/funny/IMG952248_zps55a0e2b7.jpg

That is some awesome C&P work.... :bow:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
bigE79;4949305 said:
Who cares...do you think a skins forum is all worried about Dez's back or Sean Lee's toe or any other injury the cowboys had? I doubt it

Well I care, because RG3 is a Texas kid that went to Baylor.

While I hate the Commanders, I am a fan of RG3 and I hate to hear that he may miss all or part of the 2013 season.

Believe it or not, you can be a fan of different players around the league without being a fan of the team they are on.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4949074 said:
I really hate to hear this. I mean, everybody knows that a healthy RG3 means a tough road for us for years to come, Griffin is just such a class young man that you hate to see anything like this for him.

I take no joy in this injury.

Exactly. What a shame.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4950314 said:
Hasn't RGIII torn an ACL previously? College maybe?

Nvm, did a quick search.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...as-partial-tears-of-acl-and-lcl-mri-suggests/

Yes, he's had at least one concussion and an ACL issue back at Baylor. As a Skins fan I understand the reality in that RG3 is just way too young to be sustaining these major injuries at 22. Although his style of play isn't what I'd call "reckless", exposing your body beyond the line of scrimmage can always be dangerous to a QB. If he won't be ready in time for 2013, the temperature of the fanbase is that we're comfortable giving the ball to Kirk Cousins Week 1 and going from there basically.

mmillman

Reaction score
Wezsh0T;4949670 said:
I've torn my left ACL twice. There is no way RG3 played 2 NFL games with a torn ACL.

Partial tears can be worse the actual tears because the ligaments don't regrow. You just strengthen the muscles around them.

I have played both basketball and football with a torn acl. you can do it, but the knee won't be stable. Not unlike the collapse of the knee we saw on TV.

Longer term it means the unstability grinds the meniscus down and that doesn't regrow. That leads to arthritis and problems down the road.