Lower Tier Extensions

jrumann59

Reaction score
A lot of those guys can be replaced via draft. Maybe malik Collins is "keeper" but most of those guys are not front line players and none of them bring anything to the table beyond depth.

Mr_437

Reaction score
A lot of those guys can be replaced via draft. Maybe malik Collins is "keeper" but most of those guys are not front line players and none of them bring anything to the table beyond depth.
All these guys will have played at least two years with the team, meaning their useful. The point is they have a role, and there are no guarantees a rookie will even make the team. You need cheap vets.

jrumann59

Reaction score
All these guys will have played at least two years with the team, meaning their useful. The point is they have a role, and there are no guarantees a rookie will even make the team. You need cheap vets.
If one grows into a front line starter you try to re-sign but none of these guys really are in that boat. Collins maybe but his has proven to be slightly more durable than sean lee when it comes to injuries. And Collins is not the difference maker Lee was when healthy.

Mr_437

Reaction score
If one grows into a front line starter you try to re-sign but none of these guys really are in that boat. Collins maybe but his has proven to be slightly more durable than sean lee when it comes to injuries. And Collins is not the difference maker Lee was when healthy.
So are you saying, don't extend a player unless he's a starter?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Drafting Wilson pretty much marks the end of Frazier's time here, once his contract is up.

Brown is only back if Jones isn't, I think. Collins is interesting - his productivity hasn't matched his talent but I wonder if some team would bite on him as a UFA.

jrumann59

Reaction score
So are you saying, don't extend a player unless he's a starter?
No I am saying do not extend slightly above average players that have faults whether is injury or just being average.