Lowest INT percentage this century

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope a lot a people in Texas took the time to be prepared and observe the rare event.
I did so seven years ago in Metro Atlanta...atop Stone Mountain.
I watched it, out in front of my house. but did not get any real good pictures. A friend though, she got a good one with the corona Outline. I am half way between Dallas and FW.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
His agent taught him that it's easier to sell stats in negotiations. Take that sack or dump off. I can blame the sack on someone else.

We'll keep bluffing them on "he's working hard & getting better every year" when they ask about competing for a championship.

plymkr

Reaction score
Statistics like these are why Dak is so polarizing.

The historic choke against Green Bay says it all though.
Handing out interceptions like Halloween candy will lose a playoff game every time- even at home vs. a 7th seed.
Agree. Statistics (Quantitative data) is useless without the eyeball test (Qualitative Data) and vice versa. But I’m genuinely surprised Dak doesn’t have a higher interception percentage.

I think Dak is so polarizing because of the stark contrast between his good games and bad games. If you go back and watch games from this year he looks like an all pro in some games and other games absolutely horrible. His body language, accuracy, timing, etc is all on point. In the bad games you can tell from the first series that he’s going to blow it. It’s like something gets in his head and shuts the processor down. It’s weird. I feel like the crowd that wants him to stay has reason to believe this based on his good games. The crowd that wants him to go have reason to believe it based on his bad games. Because when he is bad, he’s really bad. Likewise when he is good, he’s really good. It’s maddening.

plasticman

Reaction score
Playoff INT % since 2016: (out of 21 QB's with a minimum 100 pass attempts)

7. Patrick Mahomes 1.2
11. Aaron Rodgers 1.6
12. Tom Brady 1.6

12 other QB's since 2016: 0.0 - 2.0

15. Dak Prescott 2.5

plasticman

Reaction score
When the quality of competition goes up, Dak Prescott fades.
To be fair, it's a reflection of the whole team and the entitled, selfish, lack of accountability culture created and modeled by their owner, They have no idea on how to increase the level of their play in the postseason. They probably don't even know what that means.

In the playoffs, they are typically unprepared for the challenge in every facet of the game from coaching, gameplanning and motivation to intensity, commitment, and effort.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Agree. Statistics (Quantitative data) is useless without the eyeball test (Qualitative Data) and vice versa. But I’m genuinely surprised Dak doesn’t have a higher interception percentage.

I think Dak is so polarizing because of the stark contrast between his good games and bad games. If you go back and watch games from this year he looks like an all pro in some games and other games absolutely horrible. His body language, accuracy, timing, etc is all on point. In the bad games you can tell from the first series that he’s going to blow it. It’s like something gets in his head and shuts the processor down. It’s weird. I feel like the crowd that wants him to stay has reason to believe this based on his good games. The crowd that wants him to go have reason to believe it based on his bad games. Because when he is bad, he’s really bad. Likewise when he is good, he’s really good. It’s maddening.
It's all about the level of competition. I used to be a competitive arm wrestler in the late 80s. I could beat everybody in town, even guys with over 100 lbs on me because there are a lot of "ju-jutsu" techniques that a veteran arm wrestler can use to overcome the raw strength advantage of an opponent.

Eventually, I got the chance to enter some tournaments and I found out real quick where I really was on the hierarchy - I didn't belong at the championship level. The lesson learned - it's one thing to dominate low level, mid level and even somewhat upper level. It's a whole other universe when there aren't anymore jabronis to feast on.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It is always funny how Jerry is terrible at building a team until it comes to Dak. Then we are loaded.

Personally I think hes ran his course here, but I can't dog him out for protecting the ball. Lol
The comments in this thread are kind of comical. I could live without Dak, but the attempts to explain this stat away by those who can't stand him are just sadly funny, especially concerning his numbers against top teams. It isn't like the other QBs on the list only faced top teams and Dak only played ones with bad secondaries. No matter what his weaknesses, there's no reason to dog him for protecting the ball. If fans want to dog him for not doing it well enough in the playoffs, that's a different story. But frankly, most of our team, coaches and management should be dogged for our lack of success in the playoffs.

Redline360

Reaction score
Has always been good on the turnovers however now do playoffs.

Edit: nvm someone posted playoffs

Granted Rodgers and Wilson still around the three of them also played in stiffer QB league for the most part.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
This century, Jethro has failed to put together an all around team to support the two best QBs, Romo and Prescott.

He always fails to build from the middle out, that’s why the defenses always tire out in December and the post season, same for the running game.

JJ has gotten lucky in the draft a few times, but it’ll never matter. When you can’t rush the QB without blitzing, can’t control the clock without throwing the ball, and you depend on turnovers for wins it becomes a formula for fools gold, postseason crashes. Happens every season they’ve been playing fantasy football with the Cowboys franchise.

Jayinem

Reaction score
All three played on much better all-around teams. Dak’s GM is Jethro and/or Jr.
Come on now, if they can win 12 games in the regular season 3 years in a row they aren't bad teams. There is something wrong with Dak in the playoffs. The INT percentages shown for the playoffs vs. regular season prove it.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
You see, we have gone through all those stats over and over again now. And I admit, Dak has racked up some great stats in certain categories. He is not a bad QB and I think even many of his critics, including me never said that.

But I still would like to see someone new on the team now. Eight years is enough. I could hold these stats against him too you know. Because his consistency remains questionable at minimum.

So I have said it already and will say it again: with the right team and coaches around him he could go all the way. Lesser QBs have won a Superbowl.

But I'm just fed up with him being a no show in vital games. And this doesn't go only for the play offs. I became a sceptic in that game vs KC back in 21. The Raiders game that season kinda supported my scepticism even though he scored a lot of points. But when it really mattered in OT he couldn't.

Then Cooper Rush went 5-1 in 21 and 22. By no means is he better than Dak. Heck, Dak is better in every way. But this proves one thing to me: this team could win with basically any QB and make the play offs. But in clutch games neither QB could get us those wins we so desperately crave.

Long story short, all this Dak talk is getting tiresome. He is above average and in some aspects among the top 10. But after 8 years change is needed. QB, HC, GM... they all screwed up but only two positions can be changed on this team. So please bring new guys in. I don't want to endure these 10 year stretches with guys who can't get it done. This is not Dak specific, but it just goes for Dak too.

Oh and I won't argue with his fans anymore. Everyone has the right to embrace the guy, just like everyone has the right to wish for someone else.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Come on now, if they can win 12 games in the regular season 3 years in a row they aren't bad teams. There is something wrong with Dak in the playoffs. The INT percentages shown for the playoffs vs. regular season prove it.
How did they do in the regular season vs San Francisco In the last three years?

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score

Well said!

Jayinem

Reaction score
How did they do in the regular season vs San Francisco In the last three years?
Dak did nothing against San Francisco in any of those 3 games. The defense showed up in the two playoff games we lost 23-17 and 19-12. 17 and 12 points don't cut it, and 10 points in the regular season game. He had turnovers in all of those games as well, why would you even bring them up?

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Dak did nothing against San Francisco in any of those 3 games. The defense showed up in the two playoff games we lost 23-17 and 19-12. 17 and 12 points don't cut it, and 10 points in the regular season game. He had turnovers in all of those games as well, why would you even bring them up?
I meant how did the defense do in regards to turnovers. And SF was just one example.

When the Cowboys played GB the D came out playing a different scheme than they had been in all year. And what happened? They marched with impunity up and down the field all game. Was that Prescott’s fault even though he hadn’t taken the field yet?

We had no run game to keep the ball out of their hands, or to prevent their LBers from disguising protections and dropping into coverage at the last second, or even for play action pass to keep ‘em honest.

And before you try to put me in a corner, I’m not in favor of keeping Prescott, he’s either lost the fans, the locker room, or both and it’s time to move on.

But either way, the team was so one dimensional last year, and (if I’m not mistaken) I predicted a loss to GB. I have to admit, I didn’t think it would be that bad.

Staubach was surrounded by several hall of famers and members of all decade teams. Aikman had several as well, not as many, but he had many all pro players on D and along the O line and skill position players. Several deserve to be in the hall.

Both Romo and Prescott have had a couple, but not nearly as many in the salary cap era. JJ just can’t get it done, the game’s passed him by, same for his idiot son.

It’s time for new ownership to take over.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I meant how did the defense do in regards to turnovers. And SF was just one example.

When the Cowboys played GB the D came out playing a different scheme than they had been in all year. And what happened? They marched with impunity up and down the field all game. Was that Prescott’s fault even though he hadn’t taken the field yet?

We had no run game to keep the ball out of their hands, or to prevent their LBers from disguising protections and dropping into coverage at the last second, or even for play action pass to keep ‘em honest.

And before you try to put me in a corner, I’m not in favor of keeping Prescott, he’s either lost the fans, the locker room, or both and it’s time to move on.

But either way, the team was so one dimensional last year, and (if I’m not mistaken) I predicted a loss to GB. I have to admit, I didn’t think it would be that bad.

Staubach was surrounded by several hall of famers and members of all decade teams. Aikman had several as well, not as many, but he had many all pro players on D and along the O line and skill position players. Several deserve to be in the hall.

Both Romo and Prescott have had a couple, but not nearly as many in the salary cap era. JJ just can’t get it done, the game’s passed him by, same for his idiot son.

It’s time for new ownership to take over.
We can't change the ownership, but your mistake is just thinking Dak can win with the right team. He has proven otherwise. He is already in historical territory to win a Super Bowl at his age with the team that drafted him only Elway was older (he lost 3 Super Bowls when he was younger) and Phil Simms did it at 31, Dak will be 31 by start of season. No one else won their first Super Bowl with the team that drafted them at this age or older. Extending him and giving him a big contract is pointless.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Wow...amazing...Dak and the Cowboys have pretty much beaten up the beasts from the East. In the playoffs, hmmmmm, not so much.. Like to see those stats in the most meaningful games.

Three great QBs who have at least won a SB...one who gets paid like he won one. No bueno.

Adreme

Reaction score
Statistics like these are why Dak is so polarizing.

The historic choke against Green Bay says it all though.
Handing out interceptions like Halloween candy will lose a playoff game every time- even at home vs. a 7th seed.
How is it a historic choke when no QB in the history of the NFL playoffs has won when the defense gave up 6 TDs in the first 7 possessions? This means, by your definition, every single QB in the history of the NFL would qualify as a choke artist if presented this situation.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Until he faces a defense then he likely drops to 30th lol

Of course you don't throw ints when you throw 2yds on 3rd and 8. Or you hold the ball and refuse to make throws in traffic.
We'll see exactly how elite he is this season:thumbup: