Lowest passer rating allowed by cornerbacks this season

Praxit

Reaction score
..we have couple of dawgs at corners.

Bland surprising everyone. We saw hints last year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It seems like there have been an inordinate amount of bad throws from opposing QBs this season. A lot of that it due to our pass rush, of course, but it still works in favor of our secondary.

Don't get me wrong, they've still been a lot better than they were up until a couple years ago. But I think Diggs is sorely missed.
Oh he is. It’s only so much you can do to mask the departure of Diggs. He’s one of the best corners in the league. It is pretty cool to watch Bland because if he keeps progressing like this he’s gonna be one of the best too.

shabazz

Reaction score
The pass rush helps. Herbert’s timing was disrupted all night.

Gilmore just doesn’t have the speed to stay with receivers across the field. Sad to say
I was surprised by that. I didn’t realize that he had lost that much when we got him.…..

Serviceable, but not what I thought he was…….eh, they just dont grow on trees

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Wow. Two corners in the top 6. The scouts on this site told me Gillmore has been stinking up the place…..

Gilmore has been a good addition, especially with the injury to Diggs. However, with how Bland is playing on the outside next year, I see this only being a one-year stop for him. Of course, we'll need to re-sign Lewis to play the slot if that's the case ... but Lewis should be much cheaper.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Bland is playing good, but had Herbert not overthrown his top WR twice, he wouldn't be so high on the list. Although he would probably still be above Gilmore.

Like one of my old CEOs said, sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

Bland has been good no doubt, but he's been pretty lucky too.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Yeah saying Gilmore stinks is crazy.

I will say Gilmore is a mixed bag. He has and is going to give up plays because he doesn’t have speed anymore due to his age.

That being said Gilmore is so smart and has such great technique and anticipation, that whenever a QB makes a mistake near him, he is more than capable of making them pay. As we just saw to close out the chargers game.
At his age he’s bound to have some wear and tear as the season goes along

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Gilmore has been a good addition, especially with the injury to Diggs. However, with how Bland is playing on the outside next year, I see this only being a one-year stop for him. Of course, we'll need to re-sign Lewis to play the slot if that's the case ... but Lewis should be much cheaper.
Lewis shouldn't get resigned. His time is up. No hard feelings

Havic

Reaction score
Who here was trying to tell me Gilmore was washed lmao.

stiletto

Reaction score
How bad would it be if we still had Anthony Brown starting instead of Bland. Got lucky with that dude.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Makes me sad we can't have a full season of Diggs, Bland, and Gilmore on the field together.

Either way, great to see! Gilmore definitely has lost some speed, but he still has the pedigree that made him a star in this league. Bland, man, you have to oinch yourself that we found him when we did in the draft. What a player!

Creeper

Reaction score
Gilmore had a rough game. He has been good. But for those that have been watching knew Bland was going to be good. If Diggs was not hurting we would be set.
He had a rough game against the Cardinals too. He can't handle the quicker, speedier receivers anymore.

And I do think the Cowboys pass rush has a lot to do with it how well the DBs are rated. .

Witherspoon being #1 for the Rams is a bit surprising. He is a 3rd round pick by the 49ers in 2017. Then he spent 2 years in Pittsburgh before going to the Rams. 2022 was the only year he played 17 games. To say he is overachieving this season so far is an understatement.