LSU - Bama NC Game Thread

Aikbach

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4369303 said:
So you're just not going to address the fact that they dominated everyone but each other? Two great teams rarely look great against each other.
The whole conference plays similarly anemic offenses, plays but 8 conference games and usually schedules cake walks, overall they are a top heavy conference who's competitive balance is purely in the top quadrant, not overall.

The Pac 12's de facto champion Oregon Ducks were the lone good team LSU played out of conference, and it's conference schedule wasn't all meat either.

MC KAos

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4369321 said:
What criteria are we using for great? The title game record for points and yards given up?

a game that doest suck, that has great offense and defense, not just good defense and crap offense. a game that is close, that is played cleanly with no mistakes, like a million missed field goals and most importantly, SOME TOUCHDOWNS!

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
My parent company is in Louisiana and most of our execs went to LSU...

This is gonna suck... GO SAINTS...

MC KAos

Reaction score
i just hope we get a 4 team playoff soon, so more deserving teams can get a chance, like OSU

jnday

Reaction score
Aikbach;4369326 said:
The whole conference plays similarly anemic offenses, plays but 8 conference games and usually schedules cake walks, overall they are a top heavy conference who's competitive balance is purely in the top quadrant, not overall.

The Pac 12's de facto champion Oregon Ducks were the lone good team LSU played out of conference, and it's conference schedule wasn't all meat either.

Dude , you have lost your mind .

Aikbach

Reaction score
jnday;4369336 said:
Dude , you have lost your mind .
Apparently not, the best team in the country doesn't get mopped up with by a team that finished third in their own conference.

Clearly they were overrated.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Aikbach;4369326 said:

They have won six straifght national titles. The SEC has had at least one team in the top ten in PPG and YPG each of the last six years, and in four of the six they had at least two. Only the Big XII and Pac-12 have matched that, the difference is that the SEC ALSO had national top ten defenses each of those years as well.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;4369328 said:
a game that doest suck, that has great offense and defense, not just good defense and crap offense. a game that is close, that is played cleanly with no mistakes, like a million missed field goals and most importantly, SOME TOUCHDOWNS!

You have a very simplistic view of football indicative of someone who didnt play it.

No TDs =/ Bad football, and never has a football game been played with no mistakes. Ever. Mistakes happen every play in one form or another by somebody.

Aikbach

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4369338 said:
They have won six straifght national titles. The SEC has had at least one team in the top ten in PPG and YPG each of the last six years, and in four of the six they had at least two. Only the Big XII and Pac-12 have matched that, the difference is that the SEC ALSO had national top ten defenses each of those years as well.
yes, and with no offenses to challenge you stat padding ain't nuttin' but a thang.

SEC is a good conference, they are not the impregnable fortress of legend their fanbase build them up as.

trickblue

Reaction score
There's three hours I can never get back...

Incidentally, to a few of you... I will shut down this thread in about 10 seconds if you can't conduct yourselves correctly...

This thread has NOTHING to do with Baylor or aTm... take it to Sports Zone...

I will issue one week bans tonight and with malice... take it elsewhere...

MC KAos

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4369340 said:
You have a very simplistic view of football indicative of someone who didnt play it.

No TDs =/ Bad football, and never has a football game been played with no mistakes. Ever. Mistakes happen every play in one form or another by somebody.

i played football in middle school and high school, but way to try and put me down to make your point.

this is supposed to be the two best teams in the country, not what we played when we were teenagers. they are supposed to be skilled all around, not just on defense, otherwise they arent great teams. if these two were truly the best teams, it just meant it was quite the down year in college football.

last years game was well played by both teams, the year before had this same defense getting torched momentarily by GARRETT GILBERT! the year before was a better game with rounded teams, you get the drift, this years game sucked, sorry that you are in the minority on this opinion

trickblue

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4369353 said:
Their OOC win % is BY FAR the largest of any conference in the nation in the BCS era. You'd think all those high-powered offenses would destroy their stat-padding defenses, but alas they do not.

Enjoy your vacation... see you in a week...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue;4369347 said:
There's three hours I can never get back...

Incidentally, to a few of you... I will shut down this thread in about 10 seconds if you can't conduct yourselves correctly...

This thread has NOTHING to do with Baylor or aTm... take it to Sports Zone...

I will issue one week bans tonight and with malice... take it elsewhere...

I apologize, I made, the post prior to reading this. I would like to point out that I mentioned nothing but Bama, LSU and the SEC however.

dboy214

Benched
Reaction score
we need to get at least one player from this game. the bama linebackers look like defensive ends.

trickblue

Reaction score
Les Mies has the better athletes... he got out-coached... it happens...

rantanamo

Reaction score
trickblue;4369399 said:
Les Mies has the better athletes... he got out-coached... it happens...

Alabama dominated LSU upfront just like they did in the first meeting. Alabama just missed more field goals in the first game. Not outcoached. Outmanned by the same team for the second time in 3 months.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Oklahoma State/LSU definitely would have been more exciting. Weeden is 100x the QB Jefferson is. They may not have won, but they definitely would score a freaking point. This game was freaking awful to end the college season.

92 yards of offense? 5 first downs? Cross the 50 only once? That's not good defense, that's just pathetic offense.