LSU - Bama NC Game Thread

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Blackspider214;4369516 said:
Oklahoma State/LSU definitely would have been more exciting. Weeden is 100x the QB Jefferson is. They may not have won, but they definitely would score a freaking point. This game was freaking awful to end the college season.

92 yards of offense? 5 first downs? Cross the 50 only once? That's not good defense, that's just pathetic offense.

Yeah, LSU was abysmal.

You can't tell me that any team in the top 10 couldn't have put up a better fight.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4369544 said:
Yeah, LSU was abysmal.

You can't tell me that any team in the top 10 couldn't have put up a better fight.

Vs Bama defense I would not be so sure. On the season they gave up 9 TD total and last night were playing like they were on fire.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4369598 said:
Vs Bama defense I would not be so sure. On the season they gave up 9 TD total and last night were playing like they were on fire.
OSU or any other team would've been crushed. Bama has the best overall talent and the best coach. Their D would've overpowered any collegiate team last night. They probably had 4 or 5 potential first rounders starting last night.

People who hate that style of football won't be too happy next year either. LSU will have almost everyone back. If Miles can find a servicable QB, LSU is probably the favorite to win next year.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4369303 said:
So you're just not going to address the fact that they dominated everyone but each other? Two great teams rarely look great against each other.

Actually, Alabama dominated the first meeting as well, their kicker was just horrible. He missed 2 in regulation and had one blocked.....he missed one in OT.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Double Trouble;4369601 said:
OSU or any other team would've been crushed. Bama has the best overall talent and the best coach. Their D would've overpowered any collegiate team last night. They probably had 4 or 5 potential first rounders starting last night.

People who hate that style of football won't be too happy next year either. LSU will have almost everyone back. If Miles can find a servicable QB, LSU is probably the favorite to win next year.

The way bama played last night year I think your right. I still would have loved to see the matchup because just sitting here pretending we would know the outcome of any game not played is something I have a hard time with. We never know for sure how any of these game will turn out.

As i said how Bama played last night both offense and defense especially Bama was not going to be denied.

As for LSU they are a great team and proved it through out the year and should be one of the favorites to make a run at next years BCS championship game.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Rather they would have blown the doors off anyone else or not I'd much rather have seen (thus why I didn't bother to watch) OSU play them.

Just another prime example of why college needs an 8 team playoff system. Sadly that will never happen.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4369637 said:
Rather they would have blown the doors off anyone else or not I'd much rather have seen (thus why I didn't bother to watch) OSU play them.

Just another prime example of why college needs an 8 team playoff system. Sadly that will never happen.
I would like it also, but the teams who got passed over can't really complain. They had their chance to get to last night.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Was the Honey Badger even playing last night? He was the single most talked about player for LSU for the last month, and he did next to nothing.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Muhast;4369709 said:
Was the Honey Badger even playing last night? He was the single most talked about player for LSU for the last month, and he did next to nothing.
He's a phenomenal talent. He just didn't have a lot of opportunities.

He really only gets a chance with the ball on punt returns and even bama's coverage was awesome last night. Plus, did Bama punt much? It seemed like every time I looked up they were lining up for FG.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I'm not saying that would not have happened I'm just saying there is no sure way to know unless teams play. We could sit here and say Bama would have rolled all over them maybe so but there is nothing guaranteed, that is why the games are played not determined by write ups or stats.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4369740 said:
I'm not saying that would not have happened I'm just saying there is no sure way to know unless teams play. We could sit here and say Bama would have rolled all over them maybe so but there is nothing guaranteed, that is why the games are played not determined by write ups or stats.

Well, LSU must feel terrible. Not only did they have less offense then the Falcons mustered against the Giants, but they already beat that team head to head in Tuskaloosa. So they really shouldn't have had to rematch them anyways.

Now due to that, they won't be Natl Champs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Muhast;4369744 said:
Well, LSU must feel terrible. Not only did they have less offense then the Falcons mustered against the Giants, but they already beat that team head to head in Tuskaloosa. So they really shouldn't have had to rematch them anyways.

I'm sure they do feel terrible. Yes they did beat Bama is a close OT win as for the rematch it is hard to argue that these 2 teams (Bama and LSU) 2 of the best programs in the nation. Like other I want a playoff system but that is not the case so until that time this is the way it is and given Bama play and dominace in the game they deserve the title as National Champs

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Muhast;4369744 said:

Alabama outplayed them in the first meeting. Hostile's favorite position, the kicker, is the reason the Tide lost.

Alabama should have won the first meeting, and then went on to play OSU for the Championship....but their kicker was horrible in the first meeting and so they lost a FG fest in OT.

Alabama has proven to be the top dog this season. I am happy that they won. If Texas can't win it, then ROLL TIDE.

MC KAos

Reaction score

right:rolleyes:

since you know the outcome of everything before it happens, why dont you tell us the winning numbers for the next mega millions drawing?

revospeed

Reaction score
I find it funny that anyone thinks that Alabama's defense is the best of all time. Abysmal offenses make defenses look really good sometimes I guess, but hey, we live in a world where "quality of loss" is weighed heavier than "quality wins". OSU deserved to be there.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
revospeed;4369980 said:
I find it funny that anyone thinks that Alabama's defense is the best of all time. Abysmal offenses make defenses look really good sometimes I guess, but hey, we live in a world where "quality of loss" is weighed heavier than "quality wins". OSU deserved to be there.

Arkansas has a top offense, and Bama beat them. Look at them statistically, they are #1 in several categories.

I agree OSU deserved to go, but why people can't give Bama any respect, I don't understand.

LSU and Bama have several major draft prospects.

revospeed

Reaction score
Muhast;4370004 said:
Arkansas has a top offense, and Bama beat them. Look at them statistically, they are #1 in several categories.

I agree OSU deserved to go, but why people can't give Bama any respect, I don't understand.

LSU and Bama have several major draft prospects.

What categories? 29th in YPG? 15th in PPG? A good offense for sure, but not great. Alabama and LSU are great teams, but in all honesty they look inept on offense and their special teams leaves a lot to be desired. I'll give them credit, they are two of the top teams in the nation, but I'm not comfortable calling them the best in the nation when they have the same record and didn't play as tough of a schedule as OSU just because they beat eachother a couple times.

Talk all you want about how great SEC defenses are, but they'd feel pretty nervous going up against an offense like OSU's.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
revospeed;4370018 said:
What categories? 29th in YPG? 15th in PPG? A good offense for sure, but not great. Alabama and LSU are great teams, but in all honesty they look inept on offense and their special teams leaves a lot to be desired. I'll give them credit, they are two of the top teams in the nation, but I'm not comfortable calling them the best in the nation when they have the same record and didn't play as tough of a schedule as OSU just because they beat eachother a couple times.

Talk all you want about how great SEC defenses are, but they'd feel pretty nervous going up against an offense like OSU's.

Thing is outside of Bama LSU put no fewer than 35 points on team. Bama is the only team to hold LSU to 9 points in the 1st meeting and 0 in the second meeting and allowed LSU to cross the 50 only 1 time in the game.

LSU put 40 on Oregon, 41 on Florida, 45 on Auburn and yet could not cross the 50 but 1 time vs Bama?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Biggems;4369756 said:
Alabama outplayed them in the first meeting. Hostile's favorite position, the kicker, is the reason the Tide lost.

Alabama should have won the first meeting, and then went on to play OSU for the Championship....but their kicker was horrible in the first meeting and so they lost a FG fest in OT.

Alabama has proven to be the top dog this season. I am happy that they won. If Texas can't win it, then ROLL TIDE.

Even had Alabama won, it would have played LSU in the National Championship Game.

The roles simply would have been reversed. OSU losing to Iowa State all but eliminated them from consideration with a one-loss Alabama/LSU.