Luepke is the answer to the redzone issues

Creeper

Reaction score
Literally nothing about Luepke's TD had anything to do with size/power. It was a big hole and he was untouched lol. It was a decent run to see the hole I guess but that's...the bare minimum. Every RB in the NFL should score on that.
He made a nice cut in the backfield. There is more to a play like that than you might think. First, the RB has to see the hole. That is an underestimated skill. Then he has to make the cut back to the hole which takes good feet and quickness. Then he has to make sure no arm tackles bring him down. That was a nice run, and yes they got him a hole but not where the play was designed to go. He saw the hole and cut back into it. Very Zeke-like.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
He made a nice cut in the backfield. There is more to a play like that than you might think. First, the RB has to see the hole. That is an underestimated skill. Then he has to make the cut back to the hole which takes good feet and quickness. Then he has to make sure no arm tackles bring him down. That was a nice run, and yes they got him a hole but not where the play was designed to go. He saw the hole and cut back into it. Very Zeke-like.
I literally said that.

Creeper

Reaction score
Don't overthink it he was a monster in college and if you give him the chance he will do it in the NFL too.
I don't know if he is THE answer to the redzone problems, but he might be an answer.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I don't think the RZ issues was due to the RB position, but Luepke was excellent at that role in college...so they should explore it.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
No he isnt
So you know nothing about him. So weird to me how somebody can argue a topic they know nothing about. Imagine me going into Tesla and telling everyone who works there that they are creating there cars wrong LOL.

rambo2

Reaction score
Don't overthink it he was a monster in college and if you give him the chance he will do it in the NFL too.
He certainly will continue to help in the redzone. This redzone issue is overblown just like the kicking issue and the backup offensive line issue and the running backs issue. This team is very good period even after losing 3 players for the season.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Literally nothing about Luepke's TD had anything to do with size/power. It was a big hole and he was untouched lol. It was a decent run to see the hole I guess but that's...the bare minimum. Every RB in the NFL should score on that.
This. One good play and you can bet on it that at least one fan makes a thread about it.

Let's wait and see him do more good stuff, especially in heavy traffic first. There'll be still enough time to party.

Don't wanna take anything away from the guy, I was hoping for the next Moose for the last 27 years or so lol. A pure fullback is outdated, yes. One more threat in the running (and even passing) game... not so much.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think there maybe a reason they are easing him into more touches. But knew he was more of a bigger tougher RB. We need more options in the red zone. Other wise every time we are in the red zone and he comes in they will know who is getting it.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Exactly what I said on Reddit yesterday. “Why aren’t they giving Luepke a go at it?“. Next series they did.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think he showed it yesterday. Deuce is just not effective that close to the endzone when things are tight.
the only think about Leupke is that his first few steps are slow, but once he gets going he has the size and cutting ability to find the holes.
so key to use him will be to find play designs to give him a little head of steam.

Motorola

Reaction score
Its supposed to be RBBC for the Cowboys in 2023...let the other committee members = Luepke, Vaughn,and now Davis (if Dowdle is out for an extended time) get in and do some work - and not just in the 4th qtr.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I think there maybe a reason they are easing him into more touches. But knew he was more of a bigger tougher RB. We need more options in the red zone. Other wise every time we are in the red zone and he comes in they will know who is getting it.
He's is good at blocking as well.