LVE and Jaylon are the cupcakes

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
that "flex" had nothing to do with Jaylon and his play. Jaylon was not great, but he was not horrible.
Not defining him overall by no means. But I am not going to make crap up like so many do.
I had my times where I said he was not playing well in the past.
“Not horrible”

this is your defense? Pathetic

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
that "flex" had nothing to do with Jaylon and his play. Jaylon was not great, but he was not horrible.
Not defining him overall by no means. But I am not going to make crap up like so many do.
I had my times where I said he was not playing well in the past.

He was horrible.

And no true leader ever has to point out over and over that he's the "leader". If he's leading, I'm going the other way.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I thought Jaylon did a good job setting the team up pre snap last night. He was noticeably quarterbacking the defense.

That said, once the ball got snapped, LVE and Jaylon really stick out. They don't ever seem to make an aggressive play. They aren't really big, seem outright slow, don't have good instincts, etc. They look like JAG's.

The team is going to be better once they have moved on here. IMO, Neal should be seeing a LOT more playing time. Once everyone gets healthy, the playing time for these two should go down a lot.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Might wanna check the box score...I would put money on it....for the number of snaps he gets...I bet he has one of the highest percentages of making plays.

The guy you are trying to defend is the same guy on Hard Knocks that told Micah not to go all out and try to make a play on every play ? That guy ? The guy trying to teach the rookie that you need to coast until your play comes up ? Compared to hungry linebackers, LVE spends most of his time coasting while his buddy Jaylon spends most of his time sucking...

Redline360

Reaction score
Both LVE & Jaylon have played better this year however that's hardly anything to write about. Went from playing bad to just ok

Both will be gone next year.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I did see that. Did you catch him get in the frame behind the referee who was making a call? He truly can see ways to draw attention to himself.
To him it's more about promoting himself and his brand and less about making impactful plays in the game.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jaylon had one bad play and it was on Sanders long run. He volunteered to run into a blocker instead of hitting Sanders coming through the hole. Other than that, he was okay.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not to be a buzzkill after the huge win, but there’s one thought I’ve been having that I need to share.

LVE & Jaylon were indoctrinated by Jason Garrett’s country club culture of years past. Brand first, football second. Howl/Swipe any chance you can. “Pick your spots when to try to make a play”, as LVE told Micah Parsons on Hard Knocks. Half effort was acceptable; on-field business decisions were overlooked.

Now, it’s 2021. The defense has gotten a ton of new talent and they’re playing hungry and all-out.

And the two Garrett-era linebackers look like timid sheep amongst a group of ravenous dawgs who are 100% effort, 100% team, 100% commitment, and 100% aggression.

LVE and Jaylon are the outliers on the defense now. The organization quickly rid themselves of a lot of the dead weight that Garrett left behind… these two will be next to go before they have a chance to infect the young guys with the disease of mediocrity.
I'm actually okay with what I'm seeing from LVE right now. He had a particularly strong game against the Chargers. Not as much last night, but I didn't see glaring problems either.

Jaylon just is who he is. Capable of some nice plays, but he fails if he has to take on a blocker. Just not a tough, point of attack guy.

Silly

Reaction score
I think that big run philly had was right over Smith. He should be traded at the end of the season.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
We are lucky to have Smith and LVE especially with the recent covid misses. Both are playing well and will get better as they grow more familiar with the scheme.

JustChip

Reaction score
There was a play where Jalen was escaping the pocket running for the sideline, and I saw LB Parsons chasing him, he’s not getting more than 2 yards there.

Then I realized the Cowboy LB had a #9 jersey on and Jalen proceeded to get 7 yards. No exaggeration, I laughed to myself when I realized who that was
I saw that play unfold from the get go. I knew it was Jaylon, but had no doubt he couldn’t make the play. He didn’t misread or take a bad angle, he just didn’t have the speed to cut off Hurts.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jaylon is a sad excuse for a linebacker. Sticking up for pathetic players doesnt make you a fan, it just makes you a sad one.

you just can’t help your sad self. You can’t make a good point and when you are schooled you result to insults.
What are you like 5. You just hate Jaylon. And can’t admit he played better than usual. So you start your usual crap.

Why can’t you ever discuss anything without resulting to your normal crap saying someone is sad, or even worse.

you are no fan doing this over and over. All you want to do is start arguments.
And you always want the last word. I know too many people like you. I avoid them. So go ahead and have the last word. And make your usual pointless crap and insults.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
you just can’t help your sad self. You can’t make a good point and when you are schooled you result to insults.
What are you like 5. You just hate Jaylon. And can’t admit he played better than usual. So you start your usual crap.

Why can’t you ever discuss anything without resulting to your normal crap saying someone is sad, or even worse.

you are no fan doing this over and over. All you want to do is start arguments.
And you always want the last word. I know too many people like you. I avoid them. So go ahead and have the last word. And make your usual pointless crap and insults.
Lol....you schooled me by defending jaylon by saying “he wasn’t terrible”? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao:

If I’m guilty of anything it’s responding to all the dumb posts. I can’t help myself. I just can’t fathom how people like you struggle so badly with all this football stuff.