LVE and Jaylon are the cupcakes

Blake

Reaction score
Not to be a buzzkill after the huge win, but there’s one thought I’ve been having that I need to share.

LVE & Jaylon were indoctrinated by Jason Garrett’s country club culture of years past. Brand first, football second. Howl/Swipe any chance you can. “Pick your spots when to try to make a play”, as LVE told Micah Parsons on Hard Knocks. Half effort was acceptable; on-field business decisions were overlooked.

Now, it’s 2021. The defense has gotten a ton of new talent and they’re playing hungry and all-out.

And the two Garrett-era linebackers look like timid sheep amongst a group of ravenous dawgs who are 100% effort, 100% team, 100% commitment, and 100% aggression.

LVE and Jaylon are the outliers on the defense now. The organization quickly rid themselves of a lot of the dead weight that Garrett left behind… these two will be next to go before they have a chance to infect the young guys with the disease of mediocrity.

Send em' to the Giants. They'll love it there.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
So what exactly did LVE and Jaylon do bad tonight? Did not think they played bad at all. But i didn’t just watch them specifically so maybe im missing it?

I was checking in and out and wasn't all too dissatisfied. Not every player is going to be elite. They did appear to be less of a liability in this one, which is good enough for me after seeing them both just kind of fizzle out over the last couple seasons.

Blake

Reaction score
Once we got a comfortable lead, I found my eyes fixating on Jaylon. It was mostly his typical antics:

- a lot of getting washed out of plays and not providing any resistance to someone trying to block him

-continuously trailing plays and piling on at the end (in hopes of getting partial credit for a tackle?)

- and most frequently, him bunny hopping in the middle of the field while assessing the play — all while the play is happening around him and he ends up jogging toward the spot where the tackle occurs. Lots of indecision and general looks of being lost

FWIW, I don’t have a personal agenda against Jaylon. I do hate how shameless he is with his self-promotion, but I genuinely loved watching him and LVE tear it up in 2018. But his play has taken a 180 since then. Nowadays, we are praising him just for making an ordinary tackle. He just doesn’t seem capable of being a difference maker anymore.

Spot on.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
CC7-DB8-B2-2-D42-49-BC-9137-734-F081-B535-D.jpg

Word of advice. Use a spellchecker.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Amen brother! I haven’t had this much fun watching the cowboys in a long time
Speaking of fun watching, I heard tonight that the Cowboys are presently leading the league in takeaways!
When was the last time we could say that??? I don't recall that being a part of Garrett's "Process".
Go Cowboys! :star:

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
that was one play.
There where two other plays where Jaylon allowed Hurts only 2 yards and another for 1 or 0 yards.
Don’t cherry pick.

people and especially ours own fans still hating on Jay.on and he had a decent game.
Even the announcers said he was.

Some fans are very stupid and just hate
Too many here don't know anything about football but they are experts on hating.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Everyone in the D played really good, no complaints here.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Jaylon & LVE played well. Heck our entire defense played well! They only gave up 14 points

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Not to be a buzzkill after the huge win, but there’s one thought I’ve been having that I need to share.

LVE & Jaylon were indoctrinated by Jason Garrett’s country club culture of years past. Brand first, football second. Howl/Swipe any chance you can. “Pick your spots when to try to make a play”, as LVE told Micah Parsons on Hard Knocks. Half effort was acceptable; on-field business decisions were overlooked.

Now, it’s 2021. The defense has gotten a ton of new talent and they’re playing hungry and all-out.

And the two Garrett-era linebackers look like timid sheep amongst a group of ravenous dawgs who are 100% effort, 100% team, 100% commitment, and 100% aggression.

LVE and Jaylon are the outliers on the defense now. The organization quickly rid themselves of a lot of the dead weight that Garrett left behind… these two will be next to go before they have a chance to infect the young guys with the disease of mediocrity.
Jaylon and LVE have played well this season. The limited snaps have helped both of them. I just can’t get over how they try to help the ball carrier up after the play. Diggs on the other hand is friends in real life with Hurts and Smith, He talked trash to both of them and embarrassed them as well. Parsons is on another’s level.

Cmac

Reaction score
You couldn't be more wrong about LVE...:popcorn:

He's doing everything that he is being asked to do.
May be true....but he don't always get where he needs to be as well....the lateral speed ain't there, but the Board got closed eyes. He got immunity most of the time, for some reason.

John813

Reaction score
IMO LVE isn't the guy from 2018, and may never be that guy again. His footspeed went from looking like 4.65 and good at getting to the edge to now being a step behind or having to take a longer angle leading to a bigger gain. That being said, he appears to have cut down on the missed tackles, is always around the ball and looks solid. Not great not bad.

Jaylon to me is more of the same but maybe put in better situations. To me if he wasn't injured he still would be below average in reading/diagnosis the play but athletically he would of made up for it and then some. But when the play goes lateral and he committed to running perpendicular he takes awhile to change direction/get up to speed.

mmohican29

Reaction score
There was a play where Jalen was escaping the pocket running for the sideline, and I saw LB Parsons chasing him, he’s not getting more than 2 yards there.

Then I realized the Cowboy LB had a #9 jersey on and Jalen proceeded to get 7 yards. No exaggeration, I laughed to myself when I realized who that was

Funny, because he does suck. What's funnier is: he apparently would improve the Eagles Defense.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

the context of that LVE convo was when Micah was complaining about being pulled from a preseason game. Sheesh the Jaylon-LVE bashing echo chamber in this group is too much sometimes

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think folks still think Jaylon is fast because he looks like he’s doing a lot when he’s running.