LVE and Jaylon are the cupcakes

TheHerd

Reaction score
There was a play where Jalen was escaping the pocket running for the sideline, and I saw LB Parsons chasing him, he’s not getting more than 2 yards there.

Then I realized the Cowboy LB had a #9 jersey on and Jalen proceeded to get 7 yards. No exaggeration, I laughed to myself when I realized who that was

Haha, I actually commented to my sons I was surprised Hurts got so much on that run with Micah chasing him, then realized the same thing you did.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn’t focus on Jaylon Smith, but I think on one of the running plays he got sucked up in the wrong gap and took himself completely out of the play. I was thinking …hmm, that didn’t look too good. Lol.
He did it more than once. He is consistently guessing wrong.

Carson

Reaction score
This defense is full of dawgs now.

Jaylon and LVE can kick rocks next season.

Lawrence is almost at that point because of his contract. But at least Tank gives it all he has on the field.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Jaylon is the peacock of linebackers.. a bunch of arm flailing.. Butt slapping and pointing.

GMO415

Reaction score
It's going to take time to get rid of these sick lame lazy players.

blueblood70

Reaction score
is Parsons going to be a fulltime DE now?? do we want him to be if so we ahve to have LBs out there and they are who we have i did see lVE one play had beeline for runner came in like missile then pulls up reaches out and two other defenders got there and tackled him while LVE just barely touched him..he could ahve had blow up statement tackle and decided to just do reach tackle..i didnt lie that..

both will be needed but doubt they will be on the team in 2022 we are slowly goigto get cox and other young guys ready for the new culture on defense..for 2021 they will have to get the job done if DQ decides to switch Parsons to DE permanently..

do we need poll?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Not to be a buzzkill after the huge win, but there’s one thought I’ve been having that I need to share.

LVE & Jaylon were indoctrinated by Jason Garrett’s country club culture of years past. Brand first, football second. Howl/Swipe any chance you can. “Pick your spots when to try to make a play”, as LVE told Micah Parsons on Hard Knocks. Half effort was acceptable; on-field business decisions were overlooked.

Now, it’s 2021. The defense has gotten a ton of new talent and they’re playing hungry and all-out.

And the two Garrett-era linebackers look like timid sheep amongst a group of ravenous dawgs who are 100% effort, 100% team, 100% commitment, and 100% aggression.

LVE and Jaylon are the outliers on the defense now. The organization quickly rid themselves of a lot of the dead weight that Garrett left behind… these two will be next to go before they have a chance to infect the young guys with the disease of mediocrity.
Maybe the young guys will infect them with their exuberance and desire to be the best. So far, that seems to be the case and not what you are saying.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Anyone catch jaylon high fiving a cheerleader following a play where he ran the defender out of bounds??? It was the best play he made all night.
I did see that. Did you catch him get in the frame behind the referee who was making a call? He truly can see ways to draw attention to himself.

DanA

Reaction score
Completely agree with the OP.
  • There is simply no violence in Jaylon or LVE's game, when was the last time either made a big hit?
  • Kearse is consistently showing them up playing faster, hitting harder, and at least trying to fight through blocks
  • Both LVE and Jaylon put in short steps when faced by a guard down field, and give up the fight
  • They both look like 12 y.o girls in a slap fight trying to shed blocks
Speed isn't the issue, they cover pretty well sideline to sideline, it's the business decisions and play between the tackles that has me cringing at times.

Last edited:

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LVE and Jaylon were OK last night. Not sure they will ever play like they did in 2018.

conner01

Reaction score
There was a play where Jalen was escaping the pocket running for the sideline, and I saw LB Parsons chasing him, he’s not getting more than 2 yards there.

Then I realized the Cowboy LB had a #9 jersey on and Jalen proceeded to get 7 yards. No exaggeration, I laughed to myself when I realized who that was
No
Jaylon doesn’t have CB speed like parsons
But Jaylon played a solid game last night as much as that kills some to admit

mrmojo

Reaction score
I don't know guys, I rewatched the game this morning and both LVE and Jaylon are no better than average....it seems like they are always a step behind.....a better scheme will exploit that....so let's hope we get our regular rotation back ...

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Purge the bums and bring in youth. 2016 showed the power of a young hungry team and this version is starting to show some of the same signs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not to be a buzzkill after the huge win, but there’s one thought I’ve been having that I need to share.

LVE & Jaylon were indoctrinated by Jason Garrett’s country club culture of years past. Brand first, football second. Howl/Swipe any chance you can. “Pick your spots when to try to make a play”, as LVE told Micah Parsons on Hard Knocks. Half effort was acceptable; on-field business decisions were overlooked.

Now, it’s 2021. The defense has gotten a ton of new talent and they’re playing hungry and all-out.

And the two Garrett-era linebackers look like timid sheep amongst a group of ravenous dawgs who are 100% effort, 100% team, 100% commitment, and 100% aggression.

LVE and Jaylon are the outliers on the defense now. The organization quickly rid themselves of a lot of the dead weight that Garrett left behind… these two will be next to go before they have a chance to infect the young guys with the disease of mediocrity.
Yep and jaylon is the leader of our defense. Think about that.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
that was one play.
There where two other plays where Jaylon allowed Hurts only 2 yards and another for 1 or 0 yards.
Don’t cherry pick.

people and especially ours own fans still hating on Jay.on and he had a decent game.
Even the announcers said he was.

Some fans are very stupid and just hate

The announcers called the landry shift the "flex". You sure want want to use their words to strengthen your argument? lol

Jaylon was horrible.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The announcers called the landry shift the "flex". You sure want want to use their words to strengthen your argument? lol

Jaylon was horrible.

that "flex" had nothing to do with Jaylon and his play. Jaylon was not great, but he was not horrible.
Not defining him overall by no means. But I am not going to make crap up like so many do.
I had my times where I said he was not playing well in the past.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Not exactly one to defend Garrett but this defensive leftover hot mess is all merinelli. He would have passed on parsons like he passed on watt. Just bring in great football players and get them on the field,