LVE and Jaylon Smith 2019 vs 2018

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
IMO, Jaylon's drop foot has never left him. But even with it, he played well last year because he's a good enough athlete to compensate for it.

Jaylon got a big extension because the Jones family wants to keep up the narrative that he was a magnificent draft pick, a top 5 player stolen in the 2nd round, and hey, did any of you guys know that multiple teams have told Jones that they were about to pick him, too? No way he should've gotten that deal. Made zero sense from any standpoint.

Both of them are struggling. LVE looked like one of the best defensive players in the league last year, this year he's the invisible man. Both are tentative, out of position, missing tackles.

That's the Marinelli Effect. Who else could take a DPOY candidate and turn him into a jag?

I agree on LVE as well.

He jumped off the screen almost every other play last year. This year I forget he's on the team at times.

These 2 should be the best in the league at what they do. It's time to step up and play to their standard and stop giving 2 great players a pass because they showed up in the tackle sheet.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
It's better then the "aw, i'll ignore JAylon over running plays and turning like a sail boat and look to Google test".

Nope. Objective data is better than some random dude's subjective opinion, especially when he refuses to point to a specific play.

Reactions: CWR

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Nope. Objective data is better than some random dude's subjective opinion, especially when he refuses to point to a specific play.

I would have to go through plays and look but i'm not going to. I remember the week before in Washington I believe he over ran a play at the goal line but this is just 1 of several example from each game this year he has over ran plays and his turning looks atrocious again.

Just pay attention. If he keeps it up then he will get exposed by the film makers soon because it's on tape if you look for it.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
:laugh:Jaylen made a bizarre spin move, on the goal line, the first time the Dolphins got down close. Totally took himself out of the play.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Well, they need to turn it around this week or Kamara is going to have 500 yards
This. You know Sean Payton circled this game from when we pummeled them in Dallas last year. Evidently opposing teams have found a flaw in our D which is apparent with all the games we have played since the Rams. I predict a very frustrating game for our D in a very hostile environment so Dak & Co. better be running on all cylinders Sunday night.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Nope, reached and pulled it out with his hand. It was clear on the close-up replay.
I see now where his hand was there, but it looks like it had little to do with the ball coming out and it was pretty much from the hit from his lineman.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
One of many?

Well I guess that proves that.

You can't tell me Cowboys coaches haven't seen these clips and cringe. Hence why they have left Jaylon in the middle. Leaves him less exposed to being in coverage....man on man. :rolleyes:

And you can't tell me other teams around the league haven't seen these as well.