LVE continues to be weak link

coult44

Reaction score
Nick Martin had has way with wolf boy (as well as other blockers) Couple first quarter plays but after that nothing and a day late and a dollar short on most running plays. We will be destroyed by rams and philly on the ground game. Our stellar defense really covers for an incredibly ineffective LVE (and Barr to be honest). But we will be exposed the next two games unfortunately. Washington did expose us with the run on a number of plays. Offensive coordinators on good teams with run games will fully expose our weak link. That is why I suggested more safely play and Wilson and Bland really shined. I just don't see the point of LVE taking up a spot on the 11.

If DQ is the best DC in the league, and he is, then let him do his job!!! He knows more than all of us.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
If you're actually interested in knowing why you get the backlash...

It's because you're completely myopic. It's all you see...all you say. It's SPAM level of hate towards LVE. Every comment is about how much he sucks. Every comment is about replacing him. And, like when I asked you to back up your statements, you either can't or don't.

Plenty of people probably agree with the sentiment, but you're just wearing people out with the constant onslaught of your hate towards a single player.
Every week another sample to dissect. If you dont like it, hit the ignore button. Who’s forcing you to read the thread????

Starstruck22

Reaction score
You must be blind if you think 5.3 ypc isnt a weakness. If ever fall behind in a game its going to be tough to come back with them being able to run all over us. Like fournette did in week 1
We will be crucified in coming weeks. And when this happens, let the love for the wolf man flow! Because if it is not so obvious now, it will be blatant in coming weeks. LVE’s poor play is being covered by 3 wins against poor offensive lines and solid defensive line, secondary, and Parsons. This will not continue in ensuing weeks. When we are 3-3 lets hear the accolades for LVE. And when 3-4 it will be resounding.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
We might have the worst LBs in the NFL against the run and that includes everyones favorite Micah Parsons. Barr, Micah, and LVE, are all grading out poorly against the run. LVE should be playing where Anthony Barr is playing. He is not a MLB, but I think they stuck him in the middle b/c there wasn't anyone else and he's really good in coverage.
Really good in coverage? Why is he out on third down???

Starstruck22

Reaction score
He’s starting to remind me of Jaylon. He’s always around at the end of the play and involved in some tackles down the field but almost no impact plays near the line of scrimmage.
He is always at the back end of 90% of plays. Anyone that sees anything different is fabricating. He avoids direct low strikes on running backs due to his neck. He is protecting himself and this is the reason he is so terrible along with no speed, quickness, or instinct. He will be gone next year and I believe after a few losses in the next few weeks Q will come to his senses. He even tackled Parsons tackling the running back.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LVE is bad, but Barr is even worse.

If Cox is healthy, why is Dan Quinn holding him out of games? Is it due to favoritism for the older veterans? What is it?

Can't wait until Damone Clark can finally play on the field. Clark & Cox should be a better duo combo LB unit than LVE & Barr.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
LVE is bad, but Barr is even worse.

If Cox is healthy, why is Dan Quinn holding him out of games? Is it due to favoritism for the older veterans? What is it?

Can't wait until Damone Clark can finally play on the field. Clark & Cox should be a better duo combo LB unit than LVE & Barr.
Absolutely 100% true!!!!! Whatever it is, unless Q is stupid, 3-4 will certainly be the smelling salts to wake him up. Defensive run stats are bad and we have not even hit the really tough teams. With LVE we lose Rams, Philly x2, and GB games and probably half of the others including next Wash and Gmens revenge games.

Dracula

Reaction score
I have to agree. LVE doesn't seem to be twitchy quick, and seems to be chasing plays rather than filling gaps.

Scotman

Reaction score
Every week another sample to dissect. If you dont like it, hit the ignore button. Who’s forcing you to read the thread????
YOU ASKED WHY. I tried to tell you why you get so much pushback. You asked why and when you got a response that was honest, you respond like a petulant child. I tricked myself into thinking I was talking to an adult who might consider the response to his question with a little thought.

Obviously, you're not willing and/or able to have an actual discussion. You just want to hear yourself screaming into an echo chamber.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Best in coverage? Why is he out on third downs. Just wondering about that. Any pics, break ups, etc? No nothing. He is not good in coverage.

He needs breaks too. I'm going by the PFF grades. There is a big disparity between LVE's run and pass defense grades. He can cover a TE and he prefers too b/c he is out there avoiding contact with OL and taking the long way to ball carriers to avoid contact.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The storm is coming. The only good offensive line/running team we played beat us. The storm is coming. Mark my words. Like I said our superlative defense otherwise is covering deficiencies that will be exposed.
They beat us because our illustrious offense couldn't score more than 20 points. The defense did its job.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think 55 ran down a runner who was a on a long run ready to hit pay dirt hit the escalator see the Art Work . I didn’t get that LVE was horrible today .

Now was it Fowler & Sam Williams who had edge containment as if they never heard of it . First week Fournette made a living on the edge today Wash followed that map .
Yep, LVE saved a TD, catching the runner from behind, from the other side of the field...but he's "slow and lumbering".

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have no problem with LVE. I think he does the best he can and it wouldn't be a bad idea to look to upgrade that position. shrugs.
Hey, if we could find someone better than Parsons I'd be willing to entertain the thought of a trade. Knowing LVE isn't the best is good. Thinking he's the worst isn't.