LVE has regressed

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Lol we officially have found LVEs relative

sorry to offend your family just stating facts... hes missed many tackles and looks like a lost puppy out there

Until you know my facts, maybe you shouldn't surmise.

bodi

Reaction score
No, the Rams put the blueprint out on how to beat our defense. Until we start playing "real" run defense and stop shooting gaps everyone gonna run it down our throats

coaching

kumizi

Reaction score
So far this year, I think LVE has been "meh" and Jaylon has been "terrible." Today, I felt like it was the opposite. First time I'm actually worried about what's going on.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Kid has hit the wall and needs to get back to putting in work...

I counted 4 missed open field tackles that sprung open bigger runs/plays.

he needs to worry about howling after a play and more about making the play
He has picked up a bad habit of stopping his feet and waiting to see what the runner is doing instead of attacking and running through his tackle.

quickccc

Reaction score
No, the Rams put the blueprint out on how to beat our defense. Until we start playing "real" run defense and stop shooting gaps everyone gonna run it down our throats

The Packers already had the "blue-print" as Rodgers has never lost a starting game here in Dallas. no matter the WRs, the TEs or RB,s ..or OL or HC, or OC. etc. etc. it never slows Rodgers down
and when they go to their no huddles and misdirection, we remain forever vulnerable to them, and he's never in distressed or frustrated or uneased.

We don't match up with him or do anything that makes him off his game and uncomfortable.. and it continues to show every time we face him. (only the 2016 reg game pokes out as one his bad slow starts)

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I am curious as to how you think LVE played against GB.

I think the entire defense played poorly. I think Jaylon is not the guy he was last year. Def Coordinators are figuring him out and his lack of ability to cut to the right. Someone posted something yesterday which stated teams have seen what Barkley does to the Dallas linebackers, and they are copying it. The last second cut left or spin move for the running back. This dovetails with the discussion on a Dallas radio show which stated Jaylon has to move his weight to the right foot when the runner cuts right for him to get there. Because he cannot push off his left foot very well at all. This requires an additional step and makes him hit the hole late.

That factors on LVE's play.

But the question I have is this. Is LVE really not that great, and last year was a phantom? Or is he having to do too much because Jaylon isn't in the same ballpark as he was last year? And depending on the answer, the collective chirping about him is more reaction to a loss and looking for people to blame as fans vent over the final score.

LVE is not Bradie James who consistently arrived at the hole after the running back is in the defensive backfield.

I also attribute the linebacker play in toto to the weak interior defensive line. Yesterday Jones was three yards deep before any resistance whatsoever. It is becoming quite apparent Jerry and company ignored the DT position to find a run stopper. Jerry's wildcat nature causes him to make assumptions he believes is truth. Then he gets beotch slapped for his wildcatting.

This off season I wondered why, if they could afford 5 million for Cobb, why they couldn't eke out another bit of money for Suh. He is an arse and a real dirty player, but what he would have offered was something that would make the line better, and then that transcends to the linebackers. That is spilled milk at this point, but as clever as the Jones boys believe they are, the league just shows them those trophies are on loan from the Jimmy Johnson General Manager Library of Player Personnel Selections and had nothing to do with Jerry, Stephen, or Barry Switzer.

I don't believe LVE had one of his best games yesterday. But I also don't believe the juvenile ranting that has ensued is called for. Not calling you out, but the thread in general. Just like so many other threads about Zeke, Dak, Coop, Cobb the offensive line, and every other sour grapes grousing going on.

Mistakes and penalties caused far more damage than LVE missing a couple of tackles. This team is undisciplined. That comes from the top. One of the best points I have read here since the game was the assessment of a fan who was at the contest. He said he concentrated on Garret and noted he doesn't have conversations with his coaches.

And here lies the over arching problem. Garrett is an administrator and not a head coach. His record reflects the talent he has on the field. But so much of his record reflects Romo's talent to make something out of nothing. Romo coached that offense to any success they had.

Garrett's indictment as a figurehead leads to Jerry's incrimination as a General Manager and meddler into the clockwork of this team.

So, for me, piling on LVE as if he is the problem for this defense is pointless and rather immature. The core problem with this defense starts behind a mahogany desk in a wood paneled office.

perrykemp

Reaction score
I do not profess to know really anything about evaluating NFL linebacker player. however, is it possible LVE is a bit too heavy?

I keep hearing how he is 260 lbs (he is listed at 256). That has to make him one of the top 5 heaviest MLB/ILBs in the league right? The NFL has generally shifted to much smaller LBs -- some of which actually look like safeties these days.