LVE has regressed

Sydla

Reaction score
No, what I don't like are fans who immediately start whining when the team wins and tosses blame around.

What?

Fans shouldn’t critique the play of its team’s players?

Gaede

Reaction score
He missed a few tackles. Jaylon was worse. Our safeties could be upgraded by the starting kids at LSU.

Jaylon was not worse.

Unlike Vander Esch, he makes plays. He isn't perfect, but he is doing alot of good to counter the bad. LvE isn't. Just a while lot of bad right now.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Practicing against Zeke isn't helping LVE and company. They need to practice against shiftier backs who can make you miss.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Missed a few tackles? He got caught like 3-4 times totally out of position that led to big plays.

There was no way Smith was worse today. Someone has their LVE homer glasses on.

He's being used wrong. The defense puts him into poor spots. He should not be dropping into zone coverage every play. He got the nickname wolfhunter for what he does close to the LOS. We don't have him playing anywhere near the LOS. He's 10 yards off the line every play.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Missed a few tackles? He got caught like 3-4 times totally out of position that led to big plays.

There was no way Smith was worse today. Someone has their LVE homer glasses on.
LVE didn't even put a finger on Jones a few times. No name RBs been outplaying us.

Sydla

Reaction score
He's being used wrong. The defense puts him into poor spots. He should not be dropping into zone coverage every play. He got the nickname wolfhunter for what he does close to the LOS. We don't have him playing anywhere near the LOS.

I won’t aegue that he’s being used wrong. I don’t like our defensive system at all. I don’t like they drop both LVE and Smith 12-15 yards downfield in soft zones giving up easy passes over the middle, for example.

But nevertheless, LVE was the worst LB for the Cowboys on the field today. Overall, I have been utterly disappointed with both Smith and LVE this year.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
The defense we see today won't be the defense we see down the stretch.

dwreck27

Reaction score
No, what I don't like are fans who immediately start whining when the team wins and tosses blame around.

lmao LVE missed 4 open field tackles

this discussion currently has nothing to do with the entire team.. talking about how LVE has been awful all season and its getting worse

the kid needs to get back to the basics because thats flat out embarrassing

T-RO

Reaction score
Jaylon was not worse.

Unlike Vander Esch, he makes plays. He isn't perfect, but he is doing alot of good to counter the bad. LvE isn't. Just a while lot of bad right now.

Sorry. This isn't true at all. Not even nearing the orbit of planet truth.

Vander Esch PFF = 74
Jaylon Smith PFF = 56

This is before today. I don't think LVE is playing as well as he did last year, but he's certainly not a liability. Jaylon is getting taken off the field because teams are picking on him. Coaches are noticing (ours and opponents). Keen fans are noticing. And as we see the reviewers at PFF have noticed as well.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I won’t aegue that he’s being used wrong. I don’t like our defensive system at all. I don’t like they drop both LVE and Smith 12-15 yards downfield in soft zones giving up easy passes over the middle, for example.

But nevertheless, LVE was the worst LB for the Cowboys on the field today. Overall, I have been utterly disappointed with both Smith and LVE this year.

I'll see what PFF has to say tomorrow. Nobody was good today on defense. They all sucked and this scheme is to blame. When Aaron Jones is going for 200 yards rushing, why the heck aren't we loading the box? I'll take my chances with that no-name group of wrs. It took Marinelli 3 quarters to change the defensive tactics. It was too late.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Kid has hit the wall and needs to get back to putting in work...

I counted 4 missed open field tackles that sprung open bigger runs/plays.

he needs to worry about howling after a play and more about making the play

The book is out on the Defense. We suck up the middle.

double team the DT's for a second, then release and got onto the linebackers. Neither the DT's or safeties are good enough to consistently win that battle. So its all up to the linebackers. These guys have push through lineman and then make the tackle.

I counted like 10 with the safeties.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
His tackles are down and he’s missed a number of tackles we didn’t see him miss last year. Don’t know if he’s been reading too many of his press clippings or drowning in all the anointing oil everyone was rubbing on him but he hasn’t been as impressive so far this season.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Sorry. This isn't true at all. Not even nearing the orbit of planet truth.

Vander Esch PFF = 74
Jaylon Smith PFF = 56

This is before today. I don't think LVE is playing as well as he did last year, but he's certainly not a liability. Jaylon is getting taken off the field because teams are picking on him. Coaches are noticing (ours and opponents). Keen fans are noticing. And as we see the reviewers at PFF have noticed as well.

After the missed tackles today by LVE his ranking should fall further showing the gap