Twitter: LVE on fumble & refs: "To me, we're playing more against the refs than other teams."

schweigster

Reaction score
There's a simple resolution to this that I thought the refs are told to abide by: err on the side of caution and call the fumble. That allows the play to be automatically reviewed, which is not the case when it's not called a fumble. We see that play out all the time even to the point where you ask yourself why are they calling that play a fumble when it obviously wasn't. The funny thing is the ref adamantly pointing to the ground like he would bet his life that it wasn't a fumble.

khiladi

Reaction score
Well, those weren’t PIs, one of them leading to an INT being taken away, by the Cardinals DBs either that gifted the Cowboys a TD…

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Gonna get fined but have to agree. Been like this pretty much all year. Refs suck and they did for both teams today but always seems we get short end of stick. At the end of the day ball out and dont leave in their hands.
All year? It's been like this since Jerry tried to block Goodell's extension years ago. It's sickening to watch official take the games out of the players hands week after week.

Praxit

Reaction score
,,,I guess, what he is saying, should have got a Booth review.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Now this is loser stuff....shut up. I agree it sucks, it was a fumble but we our chances. Sack up and prepare for the rematch and stop *****ing about the refs. Make a stop when it counts or before the 4th quarter

The refs need to be called out and embarrassed. I don't understand what the problem is.

glimmerman

Reaction score
None of anything matters except people doing there jobs. It was a fumble. I screamed all day for Dak to take off and do it himself if he needed to. And he does and was close but was called a fumble. They got that close one right. This was a close game that should not have been. We played like abosolute dog crap. But that was a fumble. In a playoff game it matters MORE. But in a regular season game when 2 teams are in already then it effects the seeding. I hope we play them again. If we actually tried and our OC actually called plays that tried we would have thrown the ball down field and.:. What ever we deserved to lose but that was a bad missed call..

J_Allen

Reaction score
The refs had to change hotel rooms in New Orleans after the non-pass interference call against the Rams.

Is that what it's going to take in Dallas? They have a lot of balls showing up to our Stadium pulling that ****.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The refs need to be called out and embarrassed. I don't understand what the problem is.

because the refs are not the reason we lost....we got out coached, out executed, out performed and his defense was non existent for 3.5 quarters. The refs will suck some games- good teams over come that and when they lose they don’t blame the refs- they look in the mirror.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
On a post game show they pointed out how many of those penalties came on third down. Both taking away Cowboy first downs and extending drives for the Cardinals after a third down stop. It was ridiculous. Far too many to be a coincidence when almost all are judgement calls anyway. I wish I could find the official numbers but it is so outrageous it shows that timing of yellow flags is more important than the yards themselves.

J_Allen

Reaction score
None of anything matters except people doing there jobs. It was a fumble. I screamed all day for Dak to take off and do it himself if he needed to. And he does and was close but was called a fumble. They got that close one right. This was a close game that should not have been. We played like abosolute dog crap. But that was a fumble. In a playoff game it matters MORE. But in a regular season game when 2 teams are in already then it effects the seeding. I hope we play them again. If we actually tried and our OC actually called plays that tried we would have thrown the ball down field and.:. What ever we deserved to lose but that was a bad missed call..

You're supposed to play better. Only losers complain.

Hurrr durrr...

cowboyec

Reaction score
he's not wrong.
refs need to be held accountable.
more players need to call them out.
they are deciding outcomes more this season than any other it seems.

J_Allen

Reaction score
On a post game show they pointed out how many of those penalties came on third down. Both taking away Cowboy first downs and extending drives for the Cardinals after a third down stop. It was ridiculous. Far too many to be a coincidence when almost all are judgement calls anyway. I wish I could find the official numbers but it is so outrageous it shows that timing of yellow flags is more important than the yards themselves.

Yeah well if we had played better they wouldn't have mattered.

Durrrrr...... Let me go lick a window.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The idea that you have to challenge a play is ridiculous and challenge opportunities are a bandaid.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
because the refs are not the reason we lost....we got out coached, out executed, out performed and his defense was non existent for 3.5 quarters. The refs will suck some games- good teams over come that and when they lose they don’t blame the refs- they look in the mirror.
I’m not excusing the play. They earned the loss today. But some teams don’t have to overcome bad officiating. Green Bay is a fantastic example of calls routinely going their way…often non calls like holding as well.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I agree with LVE about the refs sucking. However the team had all game to show up where a missed/ignored call would not have mattered.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I’m not excusing the play. They earned the loss today. But some teams don’t have to overcome bad officiating. Green Bay is a fantastic example of calls routinely going their way…often non calls like holding as well.

this is an absolute joke and completely weak and soft by our fan base. The league doesn’t have a bias against us- in fact they’d want us to be successful because we dominate ratings, clicks, and overall interest. If anything the refs would have a mandate to help us.

these our excuses losing teams make because we need to find a way to make ourselves feel better instead of disappointment. All teams get screwed by the refs. All teams get bad calls. Good teams get past it, great teams win with it.