LVE- would you categorize him as a bust

Carson

Reaction score
Not a bust.

One insane rookie season and a solid season last year. That’s two good years with two injured seasons in between.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
LVE has been far from a bust. If he was a bust he wouldn’t still be here. After a great rookie season he fell off but has still been a good/serviceable player. A lot of fans grew sour on him because they got their expectations too high after his rookie season. Many thought he would become a great player but he never did.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Taco Charlton Trysten Hill Mo Claiborne those guys are busts . LVE has given the Cowboys some very serviceable games at LB. And obviously if he wants to get paid and play in 2023 he has to bring it this season .

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I thought he was very good his first year. Then he disappointed in the following years and somewhat rebounded last year

however, I thought he played his best game ever when it mattered most against SF

I'd say any first round pick who you don't sign to a long term deal is a bust

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Ayjf
. .
I thought he was very good his first year. Then he disappointed in the following years and somewhat rebounded last year

however, I thought he played his best game ever when it mattered most against SF

He started 46 games so far for the Cowboys and made a pro bowl, can't label him a bust based on draft position. To me in order to be considered a bona-fide 1st round bust you must first meet this criteria. 1) You don't develop to become a regular starter and/or 2) You don't make it through your original contract and are jettisoned for little or no compensation. Busts are extreme examples of players that dissapointed vs draft position. If you can answer yes to either of those questions you have a bust.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Yes. He was a very good rookie. Awful since. He can still save his career though. Great opportunity this year to do that.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I love a good bust....LVE, hurt his neck, thats a bad injury, especially for a LB....he's not a bust....he played well when he was healthy. He's a victim of circumstance....was Bo Jackson a bust because he hurt his hip and had to retire?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LVE- would you categorize him as a bust
huh.gif

Havic

Reaction score
Not a bust, injuries have derailed him as he was off to a very promising start. He needs to have a good season this year.

Scotman

Reaction score
Crazy good his first year. Bad after the injury and decent last year. I also think he sunk to Jaylon's level when he was here.

Having Parsons in the backfield with him might rub off in a good way

John813

Reaction score
Guess it depends on what your definition of a bust is.

He had the talent to be a very good linebacker. Then his neck issues flaired up and either he got passive/scared and played timid.

I consider a bust to be a guy drafted too high that never had it.
Carpenter, Taco, Hill etc

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

His neck injury made him into a shell of himself. You can see he plays very cautious and less aggressive not wanting to stick his head in there for head on tackles. Thus gives up ground too much, ala Jaylon. Not his fault, but it is Jerry's fault now for keeping him on. Sure he will make a play now and then but the consistency is gone.

Another first round pick who got injured and did not live up to expectations.

CWR

Reaction score

I really think it's going to hinge on this year. He's not a bust, but this is his last chance to be great in Dallas. He was damn good his rookie season, but has yet to follow it.