LVE- would you categorize him as a bust

RS12

Reaction score
Yes. Drafting a LB to hold up to NFL collisions with known neck problems was another genius move. Like him, pull for him, didnt draft himself, but never should have been the pick.

kskboys

Reaction score
Just how much of a bust is a player if he is injury prone in college and then injury prone in the NFL? This was readily attainable info, so isn't he actually playing up to the level you'd expect, dealing w/ injuries?

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes. Drafting a LB to hold up to NFL collisions with known neck problems was another genius move. Like him, pull for him, didnt draft himself, but never should have been the pick.
If you take him in the 4th, fine. You just don't waste first rounders on injury prone players.

kskboys

Reaction score
It depends on what your definition of a bust is. In a redraft he doesn't go in the 1st round knowing what we know today. Maybe not in the first 3 rounds.
SInce we knew he was injury prone and took him anyway, and injuries are what has hampered him, I'm gonna hafta disagree. We knew, and took him in the 1st.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I thought he was very good his first year. Then he disappointed in the following years and somewhat rebounded last year

however, I thought he played his best game ever when it mattered most against SF
not a bust. but not playing up to 1st round standard. if he was a higher pick, I would say a bust, but he is average. not a difference maker

exciter

Reaction score
I thought he was very good his first year. Then he disappointed in the following years and somewhat rebounded last year

however, I thought he played his best game ever when it mattered most against SF
No! I would classify a bust as someone who either didn’t finish or get a 2nd contract. He was on the cusp of signing a multi year contract with Pittsburgh and eventually resigned here. Think he’s more of a player who should have been a mid 2nd or 3rd round pick but he does have enough talent to continue playing in this league barring injury!

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Not a full bust but for his draft position he's hovering near the line.

He just shouldn't have been drafted that high. That part isn't his fault but its still the standard he will be held to.

DaBoys12

Reaction score
No, bad luck yes. I believe he’ll have a really nice year.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Claiborne did salvage his career into a very serviceable corner but bust at his draft status.
I will always contend that the refs ruined him. They called some atrocious penalties on him and killed his confidence.

Xavier187

Reaction score
I would say he is a high end trade chip at the deadline regardless of where he is.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

A bigger bust than Adrienne Barbeau.
c80208e1feb8769eb89456091e4b8710.jpg

Flamma

Reaction score
SInce we knew he was injury prone and took him anyway, and injuries are what has hampered him, I'm gonna hafta disagree. We knew, and took him in the 1st.

I meant in hindsight. If we did the draft over again, no team would take him in the first round. Dallas didn't even pick up his 5th year option.

Stak78

Reaction score
Not a bust. He has been a day one starter and consistent contributor. But injuries have held him back and he has not improved to the player we all hoped after an awesome rookie season. He has seems timid to take on blocks since the injuries. I think Nolan’s defensive scheme really ruined LVE because he got hammered in it. LVE is more of a finesse player and really needed the Dline to keep the offensive line off him so he can run to the ball. He did seem to hit the pile harder at the end of the season last year. Earlier he only looked good because Jaylon looked so bad.
Was Byron Jones a bust? We didn’t resign him to a 2nd contract, but he was a day one starter his whole time in Dallas and was pretty good. However we decided he wasn’t good enough for a huge contract. That’s what we should have done with Zeke.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Not a total bust. If he had been a third or fourth rounder, he would not be in the bust discussion at all. Because he was first rounder, the discussion comes up.

I think if LVE had been able to stay healthy he would be a pro bowler. Health has been his biggest problem.
This. I think we could see his best version since his rookie season this year. End of last season you could see him getting more comfortable and making more plays. He had his best game against the niners and gave us a shot in the end. Im pulling for him this year.