LVE- would you categorize him as a bust

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I thought he was very good his first year. Then he disappointed in the following years and somewhat rebounded last year

however, I thought he played his best game ever when it mattered most against SF

I don't say bust about guys who break. He showed he had a lot as a rookie. Too bad he broke.

It's a little more arguable because he had known health issues. The gamble on him was a bust. That's an early pick. You want your first rounders to last a good 8 years or more.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This. I think we could see his best version since his rookie season this year. End of last season you could see him getting more comfortable and making more plays. He had his best game against the niners and gave us a shot in the end. Im pulling for him this year.

Maybe. Even probably. Doubtful that he ever reaches his rookie year, but that's a high ceiling.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
LVE makes it or breaks it now, I thought Barr would remain on speed dial just in case LVE faltered but signing Barr this soon was either an early identification from Q that LVE isnt going to be enough or just an impulse buy at this time
because Dallas FO was worried that Denver was in the hunt.

I think with LVE it's actually psychological. He feels like Parsons is overshadowing him, and, like someone else pointed out a few days ago, if you listen to the mic'd up clips from the Cowboys, LVE seems to envy Parsons a lot. Kinda follows him around, worrying about how Parsons played rather than how he's going to play.

They need less joking around on the sideline and more focus, from what I could see.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
If I knew how to post pics I’d show you a second round bust with the same number.

Drag and drop them to your desktop, upload them to imgur, then press the media icon above (looks like a strip of film, copy and paste the imgur link into the media bar after you press the media button.

Then drag the image to your trash to get it off your desktop.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I knew how to post pics I’d show you a second round bust with the same number.
Find a photo on the internet. Right click....select "copy image address". Open up a cowboyszone new thread or reply window. Click the little photo thingy along the tool bar there. Paste. click reply. Voila. Image.

Be wary of copyright rules.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think with LVE it's actually psychological. He feels like Parsons is overshadowing him, and, like someone else pointed out a few days ago, if you listen to the mic'd up clips from the Cowboys, LVE seems to envy Parsons a lot. Kinda follows him around, worrying about how Parsons played rather than how he's going to play.

They need less joking around on the sideline and more focus, from what I could see.
He envies Parsons' ability to stay on the field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Maybe it took a year to get the Jaylon out of his system.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Injuries don't make a guy a bust -- it's how they play when they're healthy that matters most. Hope for him to stay healthy. :flagwave:

Last edited:

jrumann59

Reaction score
I would not say bust, busts do not play and start in the NFL, has he performed to below his draft level, yes but that is not uncommon in the NFL. Players sometimes get over graded come draft time. I think he is a serviceable LB and still has potential. No one has sat down with him and asked what happened between year 1 and now so its is all speculation but I coming back from the neck injury that is very similar to Clark's except for the stenosis and playing in his 3rd defensive scheme in 5 years, I say wait and see.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I thought he was very good his first year. Then he disappointed in the following years and somewhat rebounded last year

however, I thought he played his best game ever when it mattered most against SF
Definitely not a bust pick, where injuries have forced him to miss a ton of time and hamper his play on the field. However, the front office knew about his injury history and still decided to draft him. A lot of glowing reports coming out of camp thus far about how is has looked, this could potentially become a big rebound season.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Agreed. Not on the Sean lee level. That If Sean was healthy he would have been a hall of famer. With lve healthy he would have been an ok lb. He just wasn’t the pick most of wanted.
I remember being so excited thinking they had traded up for Derwin James.

Turns out they were fist bumping grabbing LVE

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Find a photo on the internet. Right click....select "copy image address". Open up a cowboyszone new thread or reply window. Click the little photo thingy along the tool bar there. Paste. click reply. Voila. Image.

Be wary of copyright rules.

USATSI_11992500-252x300.jpg

I feel like I tried this before without success but there you have it. Success! Many thanks.

quickccc

Reaction score
- He's a former first rounder - now he's viewed as just an average joe- he's a bust : .
- He's only had the one banner year in his rookie first year
- .He's not a core, cornerstone priority must sign player, ...
- He wasn't (isn't) even thought of by the club as one that needs to be re-signed
to long term deal
- Overall he's been serviceable at best.

I really thought (hoped?) LVE was gonna be a bigger, longer version of Sean Lee after that stellar rookie year.
Whoops, ... not near as impactful.

In terms of his instinctual and reactional play - what went wrong ?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If he had a career ending injury in the last game of his rookie season, would you consider him a bust?

It all depends on how you define bust relative to injured players.

LVE was very good at the end of last season.
- Maybe the best performance of anybody on defense in the playoff game.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

If he were an 5th round pick i would say no. But as a first rounder he is a bust.

You expect your #1 pick to come in and contribute right away. Be a day one starter for 4 years. He was not.

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
I remember when everyone was slobbering all over him his rookie year. The same will happen with Parsons if he has a down year.