Lynch's workout

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Really hard to judge....there are 24 mph wind gusts so balls are going all over the place. He is throwing with the wind as well. I have already seen more bad throws than I did in the entire workouts for Goff or Wentz. Mayock just speculated at the end that a coach may ask him to turn and throw some into the wind, along the lines of the wet ball for Wentz and Goff.

Despite the conditions, he just doesn't look nearly as polished ad Goff or Wentz did.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Just showed off the big arm....70 yds without cranking up to throw it...but again remember big wind behind his back.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Mayock and the other guy in the studio have commented that his footwork is much improved. All think he fits the mold of a bad weather city QB...Chicago, Cleveland, etc.

Kaiser

Reaction score
IMO you take a QB in this draft but you take one with the idea of what he will be in two years time and not today. I don't think any of these draft picks could do better as a rookie than Kellen Moore would, though Goff might. The learning curve is just too high and despite last year's debacle the odds are higher than not that Romo will stay healthy and the draft pick won't play.

I think Lynch could have the same upside as Wentz and more than Goff, if we took him at 15 or 20 in a trade down I would be a lot happier than spending the pick at 4 on Goff (I think Wentz goes earlier).

funkytown

Reaction score
He's nowhere near polished or ready as Goff. Even Wentz is ahead of him in that area.

Last edited:

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Why not go down to the big house and open the door - throw where you may be playing.
I'm sure someone has a key to the place.:huh:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
He's made far better great throws than Goff or Wentz. His throws outside the numbers has been tremendous. He's trimmed the fat off his footwork. He's struggled a bit with locating passes on the left, but the wind is blowing hard from that way. He also made some incredible throws on the run which is where he struggled a bit this season which is a product of improved footwork. He's anticipating pretty well, but has had some throws where his timing is a little off.

His improvement in his footwork in 3 months is extremely promising. Would like to see him throw more into the wind.

My guess...I think he's too good to pass up at #4 because he's probably gone by 7.

YR

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
He's made far better great throws than Goff or Wentz. His throws outside the numbers has been tremendous. He's trimmed the fat off his footwork. He's struggled a bit with locating passes on the left, but the wind is blowing hard from that way. He also made some incredible throws on the run which is where he struggled a bit this season which is a product of improved footwork. He's anticipating pretty well, but has had some throws where his timing is a little off.

His improvement in his footwork in 3 months is extremely promising. Would like to see him throw more into the wind.

My guess...I think he's too good to pass up at #4 because he's probably gone by 7.

YR

Lynch in the top 7? Are you nuts?

Sydla

Reaction score

YR

And away we go................

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
These passes are still with wind at his back. Jeremiah feels mid to late first round grade on Lynch.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Looks like they are done.

I didn't think the accuracy was close to Goff or Lynch, but willing to give the benefit of the doubt based upon the wind. Definitely has a big arm. I don't think any chance Dallas would consider him at 4, maybe mid first round if they trade down or come up from the second. Don't really see him in our plans.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Lynch in the top 7? Are you nuts?

Far more upside than Goff. It ain't even close.

And QB stock generally goes up come draft time. Tannehill went #8 overall and was going to be selected quickly if the Fins didn't draft him and didn't have the experience, production and was more raw than Lynch.

I seriously don't know what pro day you were watching. The throws he made, especially on the deep ones were flat out incredible.

YR

Daillest88

Reaction score

YR
If wentz and Goff go early as everyone thinks Lynch won't make it to 15

Sydla

Reaction score
Matt Miller gave him a Blake Bortles comp.

Another guy tweeted that his agent said the teams giving him the hardest looks thus far were Cowboys, Eagles and Rams.