Lynch's workout

Reaction score
Far more upside than Goff. It ain't even close.

And QB stock generally goes up come draft time. Tannehill went #8 overall and was going to be selected quickly if the Fins didn't draft him and didn't have the experience, production and was more raw than Lynch.

I seriously don't know what pro day you were watching. The throws he made, especially on the deep ones were flat out incredible.

YR

Don't confuse arm strength with upside. Goff's ability to see the field, slide to avoid the rush while still looking downfield, quickly process info and throw to the right receiver, and throw accurately from all parts of the pocket are NFL traits for which he is not being given sufficient credit. I like Lynch and believe he could develop these traits, but right now he is a projection and Goff has already shown them.

robjay04

Reaction score
Lynch in the top 7? Are you nuts?

Why? He was considered a top 7 pick before Wentz emerged. In January, immediately after the regular season, Walterfootball has him going 3rd overall. What has he done to hurt his value? It's all media hype, doesn't mean teams all feel that way.

If we want Lynch, our best bet is to not get creative and try to trade back.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why? He was considered a top 7 pick before Wentz emerged. In January, immediately after the regular season, Walterfootball has him going 3rd overall. What has he done to hurt his value? It's all media hype, doesn't mean teams all feel that way.

Of course, you can't just assume that things couldn't have actually changed since January. Teams have spent more time talking to these guys, watching more tape, putting them through workouts, etc.

So the fact Lynch was 3rd in January and now projected to go in the teens might actually be where his real value is and that January was possibly more hype than reality.

Lynch at 4 just seems like a reach to me.

Daillest88

Reaction score

Exactly it was Goff and Lynch all year.. If we draft Lynch, coach Romo will make sure he is ready. Lynch sounds like a smart kid

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Far more upside than Goff. It ain't even close.

And QB stock generally goes up come draft time. Tannehill went #8 overall and was going to be selected quickly if the Fins didn't draft him and didn't have the experience, production and was more raw than Lynch.

I seriously don't know what pro day you were watching. The throws he made, especially on the deep ones were flat out incredible.

YR

Far more upside than Goff mainly because of arm talent, but I think Goff will improve greatly with an NFL strength program. He can easily add 20 lbs to his frame which may improve his arm which is a little above average in my opinion.

Problem is Goff's floor is much higher than Lynch's....so there is that risk. I will say the improvement he has made in his footwork makes it appear that he has good learning ability and so that is encouraging.

I felt his ball placement was not great....even on short throws there were quite a few that made the receivers work...low, behind, high. He was at his best on deeper throws. The commentators love his throws on skinny posts...which I would love to see Dallas go back to like in the Irvin and Harper days.

I don't see him early, as in top 10 early. I would much rather us drop down to get him and get another pick than I would relish us moving up for him.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Of course, you can't just assume that things couldn't have actually changed since January. Teams have spent more time talking to these guys, watching more tape, putting them through workouts, etc.

So the fact Lynch was 3rd in January and now projected to go in the teens might actually be where his real value is and that January was possibly more hype than reality.

Lynch at 4 just seems like a reach to me.

It is a reach, after wentz and Goff are gone, someone will reach for him..

texbumthelife

Reaction score
People knocking Goff's arm are completely ignoring his workout, while touting the workouts of others. He showed good velocity and the ability to make every throw. His arm is plenty strong enough.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Lynch is seriously underrated here

He needs work in reading defenses and footwork but they all do. The pure talent is there--strong arm, mobility, accuracy, touch, quick release etc

And if we draft him he's gonna have that time to learn all that.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Lynch is seriously underrated here

He needs work in reading defenses and footwork but they all do. The pure talent is there--strong arm, mobility, accuracy, touch, quick release etc

Actually, his accuracy, touch and release all need a lot of work. Not sure what you're watching.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Really hard to judge....there are 24 mph wind gusts so balls are going all over the place. He is throwing with the wind as well. I have already seen more bad throws than I did in the entire workouts for Goff or Wentz. Mayock just speculated at the end that a coach may ask him to turn and throw some into the wind, along the lines of the wet ball for Wentz and Goff.

Despite the conditions, he just doesn't look nearly as polished ad Goff or Wentz did.

You know Jerry is good at the Diversion/slight of hand... maybe all the workouts with Lynch is to throw everyone off at 4 and make them think they are not going QB.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The consensus I' reading is that he killed it today. I haven't seen a negative reference.

I am talking more about the entire body of work including all film and workouts, not just underwear olympics and planned throws without defenders on the field.

He has an elongated wind up, far from a quick release and has real accuracy issues on tape. He also has a tendency to put too much mustard on some of his throws causing them to sail, which calls into question his touch.

I have said all along I think he has the highest ceiling of any QB in the draft, but he needs significant work on those areas of his game.

Sydla

Reaction score
The consensus I' reading is that he killed it today. I haven't seen a negative reference.

Killed it might be a bit strong. Most of what I read was that he had a good workout but nothing that had people's eyes popping out of their heads.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Jeremiah and Brooks talking about the trade up or trade down scenarios.

I would rather take Wentz or Goff at #4 and keep the rest of my picks than take Ramsey or Bosa at #4, then trading our 3rd to move up for Lynch from #34. Dropping from #4 down into mid to late teens, picking up a second and getting Lynch there would be fine as well.

Walter Football now has Lynch ranked #21. Why? More study, more info...pretty easy. Brugler has him late first, early second. Seems most likely spot is between 15 and 25 for Lynch.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Funny, he threw two fade type patterns late in the workout, back to back, one to the left and one to the right. They are supposed to be thrown toward the back pylon....neither one were and probably would have both been picks in the NFL. He was far from perfect.

They are talking now about them reading the progressions and says Goff and Wentz are way ahead of Lynch with Goff being the best and Lynch locking on to first and maybe second read and then running.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Some people act like this is their first draft. What is the tried and true rule? QBs ALWAYS get over drafted.

yup that's true. I believe all 3 qbs can be stars in this league, just depends on where they go. we have the perfect situation for all 3 , saying that trading with san fran and taking there 2nd and getting lynch at 7 would be a good day for me. As you said QBs do get overdrafted and I see that happening when Wentz and Goff are off the board. someone will make a play for lynch if we don't.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

I thought he was good. I didn't think he was as accurate as Goff or Wentz were. He showed the big arm and improved footwork so you have to say it was a good day for him. In the grand scheme, I don't think it moves him any closer to Goff or Wentz. It does probably seperate him from Cook.