Ma'ake Kemoeatu “ma-AK-kay kay-moy-AH-too.” 3-4 NT

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
That might be addressed by the 6-5 350-pounder whose name is pronounced “ma-AK-kay kay-moy-AH-too.” Kemoeatu could be one of those young producers who drive their original teams crazy, in that they spent years developing him only to lose him to a rival.

In 2002, when Savage was a Baltimore personnel executive, the Ravens signed Kemoeatu as an undrafted rookie out of Utah. He didn’t break through as a full-time starter until 2005, starting to fulfill a 2003 Brian Billick prediction that he will become “a tremendous player.”

His only ’05 sack came in the season finale at Cleveland, but he’s good at tying up two blockers and letting linebackers make plays. He explodes off the snap and seems a better option than any nose tackle the Browns had last year.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Why have we heard nothing about Fujita being signed? I would hate to think we gave up a 6th for a guy to learn a new system and then sign elsewhere.:confused:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I agree, Nors... But I think Parcells likes his project Pepper Johnson too much to push him out just yet... Unless Kemoeatu is really cheap.

I do rememeber reports that we liked his G brother last year, though... Maybe that makes a difference, as much as Parcells seems to like family ties?

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
austintodallas said:
Is he a FA this year? We need somebody to rotate with Fergi.

He is a free-agent , and this is only his 4th year in the league . Right now he is rated as the 3rd best DT available in FA , only behind R. Bernard and C. Hovan . He's been a guy I've been interested in , and is familiar with the 3-4 . He's been overshadowed by guys like T. Suggs and R, Lewis , but he is a solid young player . I'd like to see what Dallas could get done by sending Glover to Baltimore for Kemoeatu . They have moved to the 4-3 , and I'd think that Glover lined up next to Suggs would be interesting to them . Likewise , a young 6-5 350lbs. NT to line up behind Fergi SHOULD be interesting to Dallas .

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I'm holding out for the comeback of 450 lbs Willie Blade !

J/K...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qwickdraw said:
Keomeatu
Ngata
Fonoti
Latui

What are they feeding these Hawaiians?
hormone-induced pineapples? :huh:

j/k to all our hawaiian folks... :)

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Welcome on board.

I think he'd be a great signing for the right price.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
dmq said:
Why have we heard nothing about Fujita being signed? I would hate to think we gave up a 6th for a guy to learn a new system and then sign elsewhere.:confused:

maybe because we are still a ways off from free agency?

conner01

Reaction score
i think they will wait till f.a. actually begins before they sign anyone.

dmq

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't know they had to wait till FA to sign someone who is currently on the roster. Could they have signed him to a new contract before the season ended or is it all Unrestricted FAs must be signed after FA begins?

neosapien23

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
I agree, Nors... But I think Parcells likes his project Pepper Johnson too much to push him out just yet... Unless Kemoeatu is really cheap.

I do rememeber reports that we liked his G brother last year, though... Maybe that makes a difference, as much as Parcells seems to like family ties?

Couldn't he be moved to DE in the 3-4?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dmq said:
Sorry, I didn't know they had to wait till FA to sign someone who is currently on the roster. Could they have signed him to a new contract before the season ended or is it all Unrestricted FAs must be signed after FA begins?
Actually you don't have to wait. They can re-sign w/their current team.

Most think they will wait until FA begins first. However, McBriar was tendered and has already signed.

I tend to think the team will wait until CBA situation is resolved, especially since they're talking about extending beginning of FA.

dmq

Reaction score
I would like to lock Fujita up to a reasonable contract. I thought he really improved toward the end of the season. Maybe not who I want as my starter, but someone who I can be happy with if the starter goes down and a valuable rotation guy.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This thread is about Kohmeatu not Scott " I cant hold the point of attack" Fujita.

Every day closer to March 1 means one day closer to having a shot at this guy. Having him and Ferguson to man the middle would be huge in controlling the run game.

Glover is a sgood as gone and Ferguson stank it up pretty much last year not getting push at all up the middle. It would seem the guy wants to execute his right to test the market.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ravens | Want to re-sign Kemoeatu
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:04:27 -0800

Steve Doerschuk, of the Canton Repository, reports Baltimore Ravens NT Ma'ake Kemoeatu's agent, Ken Vierra, said he talked with the Ravens Monday, Feb. 13, and the team would like to retain the soon-to-be free agent.

Browns | Interested in Kemoeatu?
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:04:04 -0800

Steve Doerschuk, of the Canton Repository, reports Baltimore Ravens NT Ma'ake Kemoeatu, who is soon to be a free agent, could be an option for the Cleveland Browns if he doesn't re-sign with Baltimore. The Browns may be willing to pay him more to plug him into their 3-4 defense.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Rush 2112 said:
Good.....Browns can have him so they pass on Ngata/Watson.

We need a NT. I can't believe Ferguson got beat out by Glover as a NT in the 3-4.